Daehyun 73- Part II

B.A.P. Oneshots II

This is a sequel to this. This is also requested by summer12. I meshed the two together because you all wanted a sequel to it then. So I'm doing it now :D 

            It was interesting how Poisson’s curve worked. Everyone lived with the notion that there would only be one love, one great romance in their lifetimes, and yet, here was Daehyun, living proof that that wasn’t so. Yes, he had loved her once. But that had been before and that was then, this is now.

            He smiled to himself. He had been so wrong, so dumb before. But now he has learned from his mistakes. He may have lost his first love, but this time, he was planning on keeping the love of his life. Second, as the childhood rhyme had said, is the best.

            “Dae!” He looked up and saw her walk into the room. She was smiling, something he loved to see every morning.

            “Hmm?” In his heart, he felt a satisfaction as she slid herself next to him on the couch and threw an arm around him, nuzzling his neck. In her hands was an envelope he had placed by her pillow that morning.

            “I love you.” Those three simple words, something he had uttered before but rarely received back, warmed his heart. He stared at her a little longer than necessary and in his mind, he was rapidly making comparisons. He had loved her and he knew they cared for each other. But he had been gone for the most part of their married life and slowly, she forgot what it meant to love him. He missed being loved.

            The woman in front of him blinked and she looked at him a little shyer now. Daehyun put out a hand and cupped her cheek. “I love you too. Which is why we’re going to see those cherry blossoms.”

            He saw that she had tears glistening in her eyes. “You remembered.” He nodded. He did. On their first date, they had made the mistake, one they didn’t regret, of getting a little too tipsy reminiscing about their past. And during the long five hours they stayed up talking, she had briefly mentioned the hope of being able to see the cherry blossoms in Japan during spring. Daehyun had tucked the information in his mind. He had already started loving her then. And this time, he wasn’t about to make the same mistake as last time and let her go.

            His girlfriend tucked her hand in his elbow and sighed in content. “Daehyun, how long ago was our first date?”

            He chuckled a bit and stared at her. Not normally the type to get sentimental, he found it cute whenever she wanted to reminisce. “Quite a long time ago. I want to say two years?”

            She jerked away and stared at him in shock. “We’ve dated for two years? And you still remember?”

            Unlike last time, he remembered their anniversary. He remembered every little detail, every random date because every moment he spent with her was precious. His ex-wife had complained that he paid no attention to her but that was then. And this is now. He was different now.

            Daehyun scoffed a little, almost as if making fun of her. “Sweetie, what do you take me to be? Of course I remember. You mean everything to me.” He said it because he never said it to his first wife even when it had been true. She visibly brightened and he reached for her hand, taking the tickets from her. “Start packing.”

            On the day they were meant to go see the cherry blossoms, Daehyun was up long before she was. They had checked into the hotel last night. All throughout the plane ride, she had been excited, unable to focus on anything other than the fact that he is taking her to see the famed flowers. He had been absorbed by her childishness and enthusiasm. He just sat next to her, focusing more on the glow on her cheeks than what she was saying. He was glad he could be the one to cause it.

            And now, it was barely six in the morning, but Daehyun was up. He glanced at her sleeping figure next to him and admired the angelic innocence of her features. He mentally her brow and resisted the urge to touch her cheek. He held his breath, wondering if he had done things right the first time, he would have been able to live differently.

            But he shook away the regrets. He was in love, and this time, this love felt nicer because it was truly, openly reciprocated. His first wife had been a push pull and in the end, she had blamed him for their separation. Now, he was perfectly happy. If not for the slight fear that if he messed up, he would once again lose another love.

            He didn’t know how long he spent staring at her but he barely noticed when she opened her eyes. She sat up, shyly pulling the blanket over her as she did so. “Dae?” she asked. He shook his head and smiled.

            “Hmm?” he glanced at the clock. It was only seven. “Go sleep. We still have a while to go before we get to see the flowers.”       

            She pouted slightly and reached for him, pulling him back against her. “You’re not sleeping either.”

            He swept aside some wisps of hair that fell across her face and asked her, “Would I ever lose you?”

            She blinked in confusion for a second and then kissed his palm. “You’re thinking about her, aren’t you?” When he nodded, she smiled gently. “I won’t deny you loved her, but I don’t think she loved you properly enough. A man like you deserves to be treasured. I think she pushed you away without thinking about it. And so as long as I keep you by my side, I don’t think I’ll lose you. And you won’t lose me.”

            Her answer made him tear and she wiped it away. “Daehyun, you learned from the past. You won’t make the same mistakes twice. I love you.” And she placed her hand on his chest and closed her eyes, ending the conversation.

            She let out a happy giggle and twirled on the ground. He watched her breathe in deeply and saw a pink and white petal fall gently in her hair. His heart felt full from watching her. She was like an angel. She held onto his arm and leaned into him. “Thank you.”

            Daehyun took her gently in his arms and turned her to face him. Then he dropped down on one knee and like he did once before, he held out a ring. “Marry me?” It was a simple question and she nodded. It was almost like déjà vu and a terror gripped him. He saw the road to separation flash across his eyes.

            But this time, unlike the last, she pulled him up and kissed him full on the mouth. Unlike the first girl he had proposed to, this one held onto him as if she never intended on letting him go. “Yes, yes, yes. Yes, Jung Daehyun. Yes I will marry you. And no, we will never separate because that was then. And that was the past. But now, you’re with me. And things are definitely different this time around.”

            And amidst the falling cherry blossoms, he finally felt like everything was going to be alright. This time, everything was perfect. Everything was right.