Daehyun 56

B.A.P. Oneshots II

            She stared sadly at the grand piano in her living room and sighed. Her fingers were itching to press the keys and to hear the music flow from under their touch. She wanted to be able to play all the songs she had memorized over her years of playing and to learn new songs too. She missed being able to play along with her boyfriend’s singing.

            Daehyun walked down the stairs and saw her leaning against the wall. From behind, he could tell that her posture seemed defeated and sighed. “The doctors are treating it as best as they can.” He came up behind her and hugged her. “Don’t look so down. It hurts me.”

            She turned to him and carefully placed her heavily bandaged hand on his chest. “I miss playing.”

            He hugged her and her back in assurance. “Tomorrow, we’ll go back to therapy. They already said that your fingers were healing nicely.”

            He felt her shake under his touch. Her sobs still haven’t subsided. “They took me off the list,” she whispered. Daehyun felt his heart tighten. She had worked all her life to make it onto the national list to represent Korea in the piano competition.     

            “You can make it next year.”

            “What if I don’t get better by then?”

            He patted her head. “You will. Because I have never seen someone more determined than you when they are down and believe me, I have faith in you. I believe that you can do this.”

            She sniffled and he led her towards the piano. “Sit. Sit and play for me with your elft hand. I’ll be your right.”

            She blinked and followed him to the bench. Daehyun pushed back the cover and she the ivory keys reverently. He watched her with a sad smile on his face. She pressed a couple of keys and she winced as if the sound hurt her.

            Daehyun looped his arm around her waist and took her hand as he played a few notes for her. She smiled a little then. “Silly, you’re an entire octave off. You need to play that half note too. Aren’t you a singer? You act like you’re tone deaf.”

            He stuck his tongue out at her and for the first time in a while she laughed. He gently took her injured hand and placed it on his lap as he turned the music and started to play the first few bars. She nodded with the beat and her left hand started to move with him. He watched her play after a while and she managed to get through the entire page using just her one hand.

            She stared at him after she was done and he grinned. “Play another one? You should play the piano rendition of “Warrior.” That sounded really nice.”

            “Be my other hand?” He nodded and she started to play the opening bars. Daehyun tried to follow the best he could but even with one hand, her prowess was clearly way better than his. Right as she got to the bridge, he leaned in and kissed her cheek. It was enough for him to feel her cheek curve into a smile. She had a beautiful smile.

            When the last note faded away, she leaned into Daehyun. “Thank you for that. That was the best thing that I have done in a while.” He grinned and took her hand.

            The audition for the next national list fell on her birthday. Daehyun took a day off from the company and went to watch her. She was waiting behind the stage but he could see her every time the curtains parted. She was wringing her hands together, utterly nervous. He watched her carefully and when she caught his eye, grinned at her, giving her a thumbs up. She was going to be fine.

            Her hand recovered with no indication that they were ever hurt before. He could still see a small scar from the stitches but she was back to playing. Just last night, she had played him to sleep. Daehyun shifted in his seat as he watched each player go before her. He wasn’t being biased when he said that none of them matched her skills.

            Finally her name was called and she walked out. Daehyun stood up and started clapping, causing everyone to stare at him. She gave him a tiny glare and he threw her a heart. Her first piece was a classical and he watched her body sway to the music. Her eyes were closed and her fingers flowed with the tune.

            Her second piece was a lively one and Daehyun clapped along with it, encouraging the others in the audience to join in. He saw lift into a shy smile as she continued to concentrate. Once or twice, her right hand would slip a little and he would hold his breath but she continued, nonplussed.

            “This last song is dedicated to the love of my life. You were by my side throughout my entire ordeal and without you, I don’t think I would be able to play piano again. I love you, you idiot.” She added the last line because she saw that Daehyun had started with his antics. He placed a hand on his heart and pretended to swoon.

            She started to play the beginning of “Warrior.” Daehyun jumped up and excitedly started to dance to it. When it came to his part, he started to sing along with it, stopping so that people could appreciate her piano skills. But she indicated that he continued.

            She motioned him forward and just like always, they slipped into “Secret Love.” This wasn’t planned but he stared at her and she him as they continued to perform. When they finished, the judges were in tears and she bowed, slipping her right hand into his.

            “Thank you,” she whispered at him and Daehyun kissed her temple.

            “I think you won, my love.”

 

this is  for mickeymouse97

I hope you like it dear ♥