Chapter 2

The Highest Angel

“Donghae, where are you? We have a…feathery problem.” Kangin said as he unlocked the door and ushered Leeteuk inside then closed and locked the door behind them.

“How many times have I told you hyung, if you used fabric softener then your clothes wouldn’t be so itchy.” Donghae called out from the bathroom, getting prepared for his good night’s sleep.

“Wait what are you- Never mind, just come here. There’s something you have to see.” Leeteuk stood over by the door and refused to move; he just looked around the room at all the strange objects. What did humans do with this junk anyway?

Donghae walked out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist; his hand the only thing holding it together. His other hand was brushing his teeth with his Finding Nemo toothbrush.

“What do I,” he paused and stared straight at the man before him, “have to see…? Hyung, is that..?” He arms fell to his sides, dropping both his toothbrush and towel.

“Donghae, cover that up!” Kangin screeched covering both Leeteuk’s and his eyes.

“Oh !” He quickly grasped his towel, wrapping once again around his waist.

“Donghae, language.” Kangin scolded, pointing at Leeteuk and circled around his head indicating a halo. He then went into the bathroom to grab their first aid kit and returned back shortly.

“Would you like to sit down, Mr. Angel?” Donghae innocently asked and pointed to the couch. Leeteuk stared at it for a while then slowly made his way to the couch and sat on the farthest edge away from everyone.

“Here, let’s get you bandaged up.” Kangin came and examined Leeteuk’s wing where the blood stain was but there was no bruise. Only the blood remained but no site where the blood could have come from.

Leeteuk gave a weak smile at the confused man. “I heal fast.” And once again the chimes could be heard all through Kangin’s head and he nodded to the angel.

Donghae rolled his eyes and plopped down next to the angel making him screak out of surprise.

“I’m Donghae, what’s your name? Do they even have names in heaven? Were you ever human before? And hyung, I was totally right when I said that he was an angel so boom; in your face.” He said all that without taking a breath and not allowing the angel enough time to answer the questions he was asked.

“Okay, okay you were right. Now let the man...er angel speak. What you are an angel right? I just kind of assumed that you were. ”

Leeteuk didn’t know what to think of the two. But, one thing that he was sure of was that he can’t reveal too much to these humans. For all he knew, they would be demons or the very thing that he had to stop. No he wouldn’t say too much and he also wouldn’t stay long.

“My name is Leeteuk and yes we have names in heaven as you can tell also I was never a human. I should get going; I have matters to tend to.” He tried to stand up but Kangin pushed him back down to the couch. This human had some nerve; didn’t he know that he could pick him up and throw him without even touching him? Angels are much stronger than humans; emotionally, physically, and mentally.

“You know you’re not going to fit in much looking like that. Why don’t you just stay here the night and if you want to leave tomorrow then we’ll fix you up so you’ll look more human. Besides, I think you should explain to us how an angel winded up here on earth.”

“I can’t. I’m wasting too much time; they’re coming!” Leeteuk shouted scaring both Donghae and Kangin. Although they’ve only been around him for like ten minutes top, he’s barely said anything let alone screamed at them; his dark brown eyes suddenly glowing green.

“Who’s “they” and when are they coming?” Donghae asked and Leeteuk glared over at him; clicking his tongue as if he was in thought.

“No one.” He said; his eyes going back to their original color.

Kangin nudged Donghae and pulled him to where he thought that they were out of Leeteuk’s hearing range.

“This guy is crazy. He seems like no angel to me. I found him lurking around the factory, why would an angel be there? I say we should call the police.” Kangin glanced over to where Leeteuk sat only to be met with a glare.

“I don’t know; I believe him. We can’t turn him over to the police; they’ll just take him to the government where he will be experimented on.” Donghae pouted while looking up at his brother. Kangin sighed, obviously giving into the fish’s pout.

“Then what are we supposed to do?”

“Let’s call Ryeowook; he specializes in this kind of stuff.” Kangin frowned.

“I thought I told you not to talk to that anymore. He’s weird with all his practicing magic stuff. I don’t need him conjuring up the devil in here.” Donghae laughed and rolled his eyes, but Kangin was serious. There was something wrong with that kid.   

“We have no other choice, so I’m calling him. Go watch over the angel while I make the call.” Donghae said while turning around heading back to his room.

“We don’t even know if he’s a real angel.” Kangin mumbled and turned around to head back to the couch, but Leeteuk was standing in front of him.

“Oh my god, you scared me!” He said placing his hand on his chest.

“If you don’t believe me, then why’d you bring me here?” He asked coldly, placing his hands on his hips.

“You seemed like you needed help so I did, how was I supposed to know that you’re crazy?” Kangin said refusing to back down from this guy. He tried to help, but he was done playing games.

“Don’t get an attitude with me, human.” He growled out; his eyes flickering from his natural dark brown to the glowing green.

“With your scary eye thing how am I to be sure you’re not a demon or something?”

His patience with this human was fading fast. First he called him crazy and then he compared him to a demon. Someone as heavenly as he; should never be compared to something so evil.

He eyes completely change to the glowing green; he felt as though he wasn’t in control of his own body. He raised one hand up and eloquently maneuvered it in the air. Before Kangin would even process what was going on, the small plant sitting in the corner of the room began to grow rapidly and inched closer to him. It was as if the plant was now alive and forced to do Leeteuk’s bidding.

The plant lashed out at Kangin and wrapped around his whole body; starting at his feet and wrapped around him many times until only his head was free. Leeteuk, still not in control of his own body, balled his hand up into a fist tightly and the plant obeyed. The plant squeezed Kangin’s body so tight; he thought he was going to be crushed to death.

“Hey hyung, I just got off of the phone with- oh my god, what are you doing?!” Donghae shouted at Leeteuk. The sudden noise shocked Leeteuk and he eyes faded back to dark brown. Seeing as though the plant had no one to wield it, it slumped dead around Kangin’s feet. Kangin dropped to his knees trying to catch his breath.

“What did you do?” Donghae glared at Leeteuk as he stood there unresponsive. Leeteuk shook his head coming fully out of his unresponsive state. Looking at Kangin on the floor still trying to get his breathing under control, Leeteuk backed up until he reached the wall.

“I-I didn’t mean-“

“What..What are you?” Kangin said looking up at him.