Behind my Secrets

The Flowers that Brought Us Together

Since I’ve started taking judo classes, Ami-san stopped bothering me, but I still wanted to know why she started bulling me. Home room ended and I started walking to Ami’s class. I slid the door open and looked around for Ami. She was sitting in the front of the class. I walked by her table and leaned on the desk next to hers, crossing my arms.

“Ami, can I have a minute?”

she stood up and looked at me.

“Sorry, I have nothing to say to you.”

She walked passed me.

“Ami, wait!”

After I said that she was already out of the class room. Lunch break finally came, I headed for Ami’s class again. I walked through the hall ways while looking around, on my way there I bumped into her.

“Ah! Ami…”

she fell on the ground. I reached my hand out to help her but she got up on her own and dusted off her skirt.

“Ami, I need to talk to you.”

She looked away and crossed her arms.

“For what reason? You aren’t worth my time.”

*There’s that attitude*

“Ami, why’d you start bulling me in the first place?”

she bit her lips and gave me an irritated look; she grabbed my wrist and started dragging me to the school’s garden.

”Ami!”

She stopped and let’s goes of my wrist with her back still facing me.

“Yuki-Chan… the reason why I was bulling you was because…”

She started to mutter her words.

“What?”

I couldn’t hear her because she was talking so quiet.

“I did it to get close to you!”

she turned around and practically yelled. She sat down and held her knees, she started telling me her story of what happened two years ago.

“I was bullied for not being pretty and having so much ache… They would do the same thing I did to you the past two years. I thought I could get rid of my bulling if I bullied another, so I changed my image and started bulling people. I started bulling you the most because I wanted to get close to you, that was the reason why I bullied you more than the others but I didn’t know how to get close without hurting you… but I still remembered the first time you came and helped me when I needed help the most…”

I turned and looked at her and she continued.

“It was at the back of the school, where those precious flowers were, I was being pushed down and kicked, I nearly died. Then I heard a voice and loud screaming, I didn’t have the energy to keep my eyes open so I closed them, hoping it would all end…”

“Ami...”

*I had no idea*

I stared at her.

“The next thing I knew I woke up in the hospital and I saw a bouquet of hibiscus in a floral vase with a note that read ‘Hope you feel better! Don’t come to school until you’re fully healed. Trust me. -Y.S.’ I asked the nurse who brought me here, and she said, ‘a girl with long brown hair and brown eyes with lots of bruises named Yuki.’ the next week when I fully healed I came back to school looking for you but I overheard that you transferred to Sekai Middle School before I got the chance to thank you… Half a year later you came back and that’s when I started bullying you thinking you had forgotten about me…”

 She got up and stood in front of me and gave a deep breath.

She got onto her knees and deeply bowed until her forehead touched the ground.

  “A-Ami! Please raise your head!”  

I grabbed her shoulders.

    

 

"Please forgive me!”

she looked me in the eyes.

*After all that, she only wanted to get close to me… She didn’t know how to make friends and choose the wrong road.*

I kind of felt bad for her.

“Ami-Chan.”

She raised her head and looked at me.

“That was the first time I heard you called me Yuki-Chan.”

I smiled at her.

“Of course I forgive you. It’s hard to make friends these days, I understand perfectly.”

I patted the top of her head; she started crying with all her might.