Fearful Days

The Flowers that Brought Us Together

Hi, I’m Yuki Suzuki, age fifthteen, a normal high school student. I have long brown hair with brown eyes and somewhat a bookworm.

I’m not really good at making friends so I’m usually alone most of the time. Today I’m eating lunch in the lunch room, alone of course, and I was called out by some girls. The “popular girls” to be exact.

 I would get bullied for things I hadn’t done and I’d get blamed for things I obviously didn’t do, they’d kick and punch me. They practically beat me until I was on the ground almost bleeding to death, they’d take me to the hospital and say, “She fell off the stairs,” or, “She was beaten by some thugs.” I was forced to keep quiet or else they’d tortured me even more than it is now.

I was too afraid to stand up for myself so I did as they said, I had no idea why they were doing these things to me; they didn’t even know me.

Class has started, Sai sensei has started lecture and I started to jot some notes for the English mock exam. Class had ended and I was to give papers to the P.E. teacher in the teacher’s lounge, but on my way there the “popular girls” and Ami-san bumped my shoulder and I fell backwards falling on my and hit my head. I rubbed my head, got up and picked up my papers and left, it was better than making it worst.

I walked through the halls with the papers I had in my arms when I accidentally bumped shoulders with a male student, I suddenly apologized, bowed my head, and quickly walked away without looking at his face.

I finally made it to the teachers’ lounge and gave the papers to the teacher, bowed and left. When I stepped out of the room there was a tall figure standing by the door. “Excuse me,” I said politely, “You’re in my way,” I quickly looked up because of their sudden rudeness. When I looked up it was a man with sharp features with light brown eyes and black hair, it was a few seconds before I noticed I was staring at him.

I responded, “You’re being rude. At least say it nicer,” he sighed and rolled his eyes,

*DID HE JUST ROLL HIS EYES AT ME?*

this was even worse than being bullied, at least the girls say, “Sorry,” I knew they didn’t mean it but at least they said it.

“Get out of my way,” He was being even ruder, I got upset and pushed him out of the way without thinking and ran off.

*What an Idiot!*

I had ran all the way to the school’s garden and sat there. I looked up and stared at the sky when I felt something drip on my face. Before I knew it had started to rain and I ran for shelter, I sat on the steps behind the school and looked at the sky.

I leaned back and I felt something soft, it was a hibiscus.

“That’s odd… you guys usually don’t grow here in spring.”

I quietly said to myself, I gently touched its petals.

“How am I supposed to deal with this? How do I find you…?”

I suddenly felt teary and wiped my eyes and looked up at the sky again feeling lonely and lost.