The Talk

Status

 

Sunggyu helped Henry with the dishes and made their way to the living room where the party was on full blast. They placed the dishes on the table and Henry led Sunggyu to a couple.

"Leeteuk hyung, Kangin hyung Happy Anniversary!" Henry chirped and the two hugged the ball of cheeks.

"Aigoo You're too cute my baby mochi. Thank you!" Leeteuk said then turn his gaze to the unknown person that closely resembled Henry.

"Oh yeah Hyung, this is Sunggyu." Henry introduced him.

"Oh Kim Sunggyu? successful business man, heir of a multi-billion enterprise, most wanted bachelor.." Leeteuk continued the list until Kangin elbowed the partner.

"I'm Kim Youngwoon and the angel here is Park Jungsoo." Kangin introduced themselves.

"Oh, you mean ..." Sunggyu said wide eyed and Kangin gave him a smile.

"We're just known here as Kangin and Leeteuk. No need to be so formal. I guess you want to escape your status as well?" Kangin asked and Sunggyu nodded. Kangin and Leeteuk led him to a table where Yesung was already seated.

"I was planning to introduce our newest family member but here you are with him." Yesung said as the three men took a seat.

"Henry introduced him. You really like adopting cute sons with small eyes." Kangin commented and Yesung raised his glass.

"I'll consider that as a compliment." Yesung said then took a sip. Sunggyu looked at the three with confused eyes.

"Sunggyu dear, we're here to talk to you. I heard from Yesung that you wanted to escape the status appended to your name?" Leeteuk asked and the younger nodded.

"I just want to be a bit normal, I hope you can guide me." Sunggyu stood then bowed at the three, Kangin ruffled his hair when he sat back down.


"Normal meaning?" Kangin pushed on.

"Just be Sunggyu." The younger answered and Kangin nodded.

"We understand your position, we too wanted that, that's why built this little group. Here, we're just known as Leeteuk, Yesung and Kangin." Yesung started to explain. "At first, we just wanted to be normal civilians but it turned into a deeper objective." Yesung finished.

"We started dating. Dating each other." Leeteuk said as he lovingly gaze to his partner.

"I was straight till I met Wookie." Yesung added and Sunggyu smiled at the three.

"I'm ok with the third ." Sunggyu revealed

"It'll be shaky at first though you'll get the hang of it. We started this little group to escape from the society's norms and we found each other falling in love. However, we never thought we'll grow this much. We don't necessarily escape the high caliber lifestyle, some just wanted to escape the judgmental society where the third don't usually belong. There are only a few people here that are escaping their social status." Kangin explained and Sunggyu nodded.

"I understand. I just wanted to experience life without body guards and limits." Sunggyu shyly said.

"That's the easy part Gyu, the hard part is when you have to chose between the two lives that you're leading." Kangin said and Sunggyu nodded.

"I'll keep that in mind" Sunggyu answered.

...

Heechul sure knows how to throw a party and Sunggyu found himself enjoying the sights and sounds; not that he liked the random bodies here and there but he mostly liked the friendly people who treated him normally.

"Hae... Let's oh ." Sunggyu heard as he reached for the bathroom door. He thought twice then just abandoned the idea of knocking and going in there. Sunggyu retreated to just go outside for some fresh air, it's getting stuffy with all the interactions inside.

He walked towards the rails of the balcony but stopped half way as he saw a lone man sitting by the ledge with a cigarette stuck in one of his hands. Sunggyu observed the man and his eyes landed on the man's placid face; he's too handsome at that angle. The man took the cigarette to his lips and breathed in. How those lips surround the round cigarette made Sunggyu thought of the sensation it'll give his mouth and maybe even his throbbing pet down south. Oh geez, Sunggyu was falling.

"It's rude to stare." Sunggyu snapped out of his thoughts and looked at the man who was looking out into the vast night sky.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to disturb you. I'm just getting some air." Sunggyu said.

"You won't get fresh air here." The man said and Sunggyu smiled.

"I figured that already Onew." Sunggyu said then walked towards the ledge then sat on it, a few feet from Onew.

"I love star gazing." Sunggyu blurted out and he heard Onew snorted.

"Lame." Onew said and Sunggyu smiled bitterly.

"I know." Sunggyu muttered to himself as the two sat there in silence. They were just staring at the dark sky with a few twinkling stars. The silence was awkward but it was calming for Sunggyu.

"Hey." A voice spoke and both men looked at the person, it was Henry. He sat in between the two and gaze at the sky.

"You straight Gyu?" Henry asked which took the older by surprise.

"I'm not so sure if I am. I mean, I'm not liking any guy in particular and not liking any girl wouldn't make me gay right?" Sunggyu responded and Henry nodded.

"Cool, we're clear on that. I just needed to know where I should stand. We need to adjust with each other since we'll be siblings and stuff." Henry blurted out and Sunggyu agreed.

"I get you quite clearly Henry." Sunggyu said and both heard a mocking laugh from Onew.

"You're seriously taking this sibling thing." Onew said, throwing his used cigarette on the trash bin by the side of the balcony.

"Stop being such a jerk Onew!" Henry said then sighed heavily.

"I'm not. Why do you guys take this sibling stuff seriously? we're not blood related!" Onew said and somehow he was directing the unwelcomed feeling to Sunggyu.

"I'm sorry." Sunggyu said and Henry looked at the guy, almost in tears. Henry scooted closer and held the older in a hug.

"Gyu, it's ok, don't mind the Tofu, Mochi is here for you." Henry cooed and Sunggyu looked at the mochi and smiled.

"Thanks Henry, you're really sweet." Sunggyu said and Henry chuckled. "Of course I am, Mochi is supposed to be sweet. Unlike that Tofu over there, it's unpredictable." Henry answered and Sunggyu laughed.

"You're all over that hamster and still call yourself straight." Onew commented and both Sunggyu and Henry glared at him.

"Can't I give my brother a comforting hug? Pessimistic Tofu! I'm not gonna cook Chicken for you anymore!" Henry said and Onew suddenly got down from the ledge and lightly pushed the mochi. The sudden move made the two lose their balance and Sunggyu being in the most unstable position, slipped off the outer edge. Henry caught the older's hand.

"Yah Gyu hold on!" Henry shouted.

"Dying early is not part of my plan!" Sunggyu shouted back.

Realizing the scene before him, Onew scratched the back of his head and helped Henry pull Sunggyu to safety.

"yah Onew!" Henry shouted at the younger. "Sunggyu could've died you know!" Onew just rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Thank you Onew." Sunggyu said which made the younger stop walking. "Thank you for saving my life." Sunggyu finished then looked at Henry. "Thanks Henry."

Henry ruffled the older's hair and smiled. "What are brother's for Gyu?" Henry said and they both smiled, Onew then shouted back. "It's getting late, I'll be going home." Sunggyu stood up then ran towards the youngest.

"Hey I'll drive you guys home." Sunggyu suggested but Onew threw idea out of the balcony. Onew walked towards the round table where Ryeowook and Yesung sat, playing a naughty round of Poker.

"Sorry Onew, we can't leave yet. This is a very serious game. Yesung Can't drive you home." Ryeowook said and Sunggyu's eyes light up as he stopped next to Onew.

"I can drive them home hyung!" Sunggyu chirped and Ryeowook nodded.

"Hey Gyu, why don't you sleepover tonight?" Henry suggested as he stopped next to him.

"Good Idea, well drive safely!" Ryeowook said then give each son a kiss on the cheek while Yesung gave them a courteous nod.

Onew sighed as he walked away, leaving the two in a huff. Sunggyu and Henry followed. They went out of the house then into Sunggyu's car. He started the engine and was speeding away.

"You just have to deliberately make them comfortable with each other." Yesung commented as Ryeowook snuggled close to the lover.

"They need to get the hang of each other. Henry and Gyu clicked but Onew is a tough tofu. It'll take more than a decade for him to open up." Ryeowook said and Yesung nodded.

"I wonder why Onew is such an to Gyu, the kid is just trying to fit in." Yesung said and Ryeowook sighed.

"We can't blame Onew, he's going through something really tough right now." Ryeowook said and Yesung peered in for a kiss.

"I hope they'll get along well before their times are up. We can't always be here for them." Yesung said and Ryeowook sighed heavily. He interlaced his hand with the older and closed his eyes. Yesung kissed the top of the younger's head and smiled. They'll get through it eventually.


A/N: Update for the curious people!
I know this is boring.. (Forgive the lack of inspiration since my brain cells were literally fried)

Anyway Thanks a lot to my growing subscribers... Wasn't really expecting it with this fic. (OnGyu is some non-existent couple)
Also, I would like to say that I do have a thing for non-existent couples or the not-so-popular ones so I wasn't really expecting much for this fiction; wrote it for the sake of my sanity.

And I'll lead you early on.. no romantic feels for henGyu.. just your trsuty brotherhood ok~