The one who controls your happiness is your own self.

That Place Was Where I First Met You..~

If a heart could be like an hourglass that you could freeze at a certain point in time, I would have frozen mine when I was thirteen. Jinyoung silently thought to himself

At Home

"I'll be going to the conference with you and your teacher tomorrow." Chohee's mom spoke from the living room

Chohee looked at her while drinking her milk "Eh? You're coming, Mom? Shouldn't you take it easy?"

"It's fine. No big deal. So have you decided where you want to go yet?"

"Hmmm.." Chohee placed her hand on her chin "I think I want to go to a school that specializes child care. But I don't know any specifics."

"Oh......" Mom stared at Chohee carefully "You've been acting kind of strange these past few days."

Chohee was surprised and started to get nervous "Wh-What makes you think that?"

"Because you're acting strange." Mom glared at her

Chohee nervously laughed "Just go to bed earlier. Otherwise it'll be bad for the baby."

Mom pulled Chohee beside her and carassed her head

"UMMA! I'm not a little kid anymore!" Chohee protested

"You ARE a kid. What are you talking about? Just tell me. Let your mother give you some wisdom." Mom said carefully and dearly

Chohee closed her eyes "This world.. still has so many problems. And it's not in my power to solve them all. Understanding people.. and their hearts, and the changing world.."

"You mean Jinyoung's world?" Mom interrupted and Chohee opened her eyes in surprise "His is a pretty big world"

Chohee pulled away "Now really~ It's not easy talking about this with you!"

"Ooh~ Well, excuse me."

"But, It's all OK now." Chohee weakly smiled "We broke up! Alright~ Bed time, bed time!"

"..........." Mom looked at her carefully

Chohee went to her room and stands beside her door and slaps her face I said someting weird again.. How annoying! Does my face really tell that much? I can't be this depressed all the time... Alright!

 

New Day.. At School

"Hair..." Misun spoke looking at Chohee who changed her hairstyle

Chohee held her hair "It's a little over the top, isn't it?"

Misun sighed "Whatever. As long as you look more energized."

Both Misun and Chohee walk towards to their classroom

"My hair is long, so I have to curl it a little and it looks really pretty. But my conference is today. Is this hair style appropriate for it?" Chohee pouted

"So how did you do that style?" Misun asked

"This? Well, you first do the hair at the sides and.." Before Chohee could finish her talking, the door suddenly opened and she got bumped into someone. She held her nose and looks in front of her Jinyoung!!

"Ah... Sorry." Jinyoung apologized and walks past her

"Wait." Chohee looks at him "WAIT RIGHT THERE!" She shouted

Jinyoung stopped walking and turned to her "What?"

"Uh.. Umm.. Although.. We're kind of in this weird situation, I don't think it's necessary for us to not have any kind of relationship. Everybody will worry." Chohee curled her trembling hands into a fist "So.. However long it takes, let's just go back to being friends, like before!"

".........."

"Chohee" Gongchan called out from behind

Chohee turned around and before walking towards Gongchan, she looks at Jinyoung and gave a sweet smile.

Jinyoung couldn't say anything. He is speechless and just watch as she goes away with Gongchan.

 

Gongchan and Chohee headed to the rooftop. Gongchan looks at the sky "Oh~ The weather is really nice~" While Chohee was sitting down and holding her face Ahhh.. I'll bet I looked super nervous just now.. I only said that.. Did I smile naturally?

Gongchan sitted beside Chohee "Yah.. Listen up! I'm going to be in a new movie."

Chohee looked at him "EH? SERIOUSLY?!" She smiled brightly "THAT'S AMAZING!! Hahaha~ You've gotta do your best~"

Gongchan gently smiled "I'll probably be attending school less regularly,But I'll still try to come."

"........ Kekeke~"

"WHAT?!" Gongchan started to get annoyed

"Now that I think of it, when I first met you, you didn't even want to come to school."

"You.. You still remember that?!"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!" Chohee started laughing

"STOP LAUGHING! I CAN DO WELL IN BOTH WORK AND SCHOOL!"

Chohee still continues to laugh

Gongchan soften and held Chohee's mouth and leans closer to kiss her

but Chohee block his mouth using her hands ".........."

"What are you doing?" Gongchan mumbly asked

Chohee looks away "Last time.. My mind went completely blank and I just wasn't thinking. But this type of thing has an order and sequence. Can we take things more slowly..?" She released her hands from his mouth

"....OK, We can. But it's kind of hard to suddenly change my feelings."

Chohee feels relieved

"I'm not a very patient person. Keep that in mind." Gongchan warned

"........."

 

Near the front gates, there were 2 girls from the other school sneaking

"He came to school today. That idol, Gongchan." random fangirl speaking to her friend

"I didn't see him at the school festival." Her friend commented

"Can we go in?"

"Just go in. If we don't hurry, he'll leave again before we see him." Both of them went in

"Wait, It's still..." They stopped walking and listened to the other people talking about something

"Hey, have you heard the latest about Gongchan?" a student from Royal Music Academy spoke "I hear he's dating a girl in his class."

"Eh~ Really?" Her classmate responded

"Ahhh~ But who knows if he's serious about her."

"He's an idol after all.. He'll always be surrounded by women."

"Eh~ then that means we have a chance.."

"Yeah~ WE DO!" Both of them squealed

"Going to the same school as him has its benefits." Both of them giggled

"YAH. What are you guys talking about?" student from the other school asked

 

Jinyoung was walking along the hallway and he noticed Chohee's mother Ahh.. Her conference is today.. Chohee's mother felt weak and suddenly collapsed. Jinyoung immediately run towards her and brought her to the clinic.

Mom was lying down on the clinic's bed "Sorry.. I got lost and then my stomach started to hurt. This school is just way too big." She weakly smiled

Jinyoung grabbed his phone "I sent somebody to go get the nurse and Chohee. But my cellphone doesn't have any signal."

"OK. Thanks." Mom closed her eyes

Jinyoung looks at her and sighed in relief

Mom's eyes went open and Jinyoung quickly looked away.

She stares at him with a gentle smile on her face "So.. I heard you two broke up? You and my daughter?"

Jinyoung carefully looked at her and nodded

"Aww.. you don't have to look at me like that! I'll start to feel like a bully!" She tease and held an evil laugh

"............" Is she having fun torturing me? This woman...

Mom sighed and went to her normal self "There's no helping it. People either compatible with each other or theyre not. You two just happened to be incompat-"

"IT WASN'T LIKE THAT." Jinyoung snapped and Mom looks surprised "Cho.. Chohee.. It wasn't her fault. It was mine.. Sorry.."

Mom carefully sat up "Come one. You don't have to apologize. I think I can understand.. What Jinyoung means by "different worlds.""

"Huh.."

"My parents passed away when I was in middle school, and a lot of things became more complicated."

"......How....? I can't tell.. Not one bit..."

"Really? COOL!" Mom playfully smiled and then soften "But at first, I was completely at a loss. Everything had become so different from how was before. There are many things that make people feel happy and warm.. But those happy memories that people cherish can also make the current situation feel even more miserable." Mom closed her eyes  "Back then, I felt tha this world had 2 types in it, Those who are suited for happiness and those who aren't. I felt that the right to happiness was something that was out of my control." She opened her eyes and look at Jinyoung "But I was wrong. The one who controls your happiness is your own self."

Jinyoung looks at her and felt enlightened

"... Somebody taught me that." She gently smiled

Jinyoung looks below "These.. words.. I only wish that somebody had told them to me sooner.."

The door suddenly opened and Chohee burst in "UMMA!" She ran towards her

"Chohee."

"Really.. Didn't I tell you to take it easy? Are you OK?" Chohee started to get worried

"Sorry, Sorry. I'm fine now."

Chohee sighed in relief "That's good.. I don't think the nurse can come." She looked at the door

"What's wrong? You look flustered." Mom

"What happened?" Jinyoung asked

Chohee looked at Jinyoung "....Jinyoung. At the school's main gate.. I think there was an argument between Gongchan's fans and it became physical.."

 

Chohee and the others went to the main gate and saw a girl curled up and crying.

 

FLASHBACK

"Don't talk nonsense!" Girl from the other school shouted

"You're so shameless!" Her friend added

"WHAT?!" Student from Royal Music Academy responded

"I've got something to say to you myself! Why'd you guys invite yourselves in without permission? Get the hell out!" Her classmate spoke

"YOU.." Girl from other school started

FLASHBACK END

 

Meanwhile at the meeting room, a conference was going on.

"WHAT IS THIS?!" A girl teacher hit the table and burst out in anger "THIS IS EXACTLY WHY! WE NEVER WANTED TO ACCEPT AN IDOL IN OUR SCHOOL! JUST WHAT WERE YOU THINKING, PRINCIPAL DIRECTOR?"

The director, Jinyoung's father, still holds his calm expression and deeply thinking of something.

"Some students are taking college entrance exams next year.. If another incident like this occurs, it may affect other students! I WANT HIM EXPELLED!" The teacher shouted

 

Going back to the main gate scene, students were gathering.

"It looks like.. We will be holding another meeting tomorrow.. This is a very troubling problem.." Gongchan's manager spoke "And on the other hand, the director of his movie really hates scandal. Gongchan wasn't directly involved this time.. but there could be public outcry if he is expelled.."

Gongchan looks at his manager "Were the students involved injured?"

Manager looks at him "Eh? No. I think they're OK.."

"Really..? That's good. Then this problem is easily solved." He weakly smiled "I'll withdraw from the school."

"Gongchan."

Gongchan sighed "It's fine. Soon I'll be busy filming anyway."

Chohee looks at him "... You can't! That's not fair! IT'S CLEARLY NOT YOUR FAULT, GONGCHAN!!"

"THAT'S RIGHT! YOU DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE THE SCHOOL!" Sandeul added

"WE CAN SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IF WE ALL GO AND TALK TO THE PRINCIPAL, RIGHT? YEAH.....!" The students were having a unity

"..That's true, but..." Jinyoung spoke and the students opened a way for him to go through

"Oh, Right! Your father is the director so you.." Manager spoke

"IT'S FINE, NOONA!" Gongchan shouted at her manager and looks at Jinyoung "I'D NEVER ASK THAT GUY FOR HELP NOT EVEN IF I WAS DYING!"

"What are you going to do, Jinyoung..?" Baro asked

Chohee and the others look at Jinyoung carefully

Jinyoung closed his eyes and opened it filled with a lot of determination and strength. He felt enlightened and finally realized that he wants to get Chohee back. The moment frozen in time.. The way to make it start again.. Now I know how to do it.