Everyday Life

The Scandal {HIATUS - University Exams}

4 ∞

CHAPTER 1

4 ∞

Hyuna's POV

Here I am on a cold December day standing in front of a branded and scandalously expensive shoe shop in the middle of Seoul, even if it was freezing out here my body temperature was at its highest just seeing the sale sign of the shop. I was about to rush inside when I stumbled upon someone I would gladly ignore for the rest of my life.

“Oh my gosh Hyuna, just the person I was looking for!”

“Really now, and to what do I owe the honour?” I asked Hyo Sung through clenched teeth.

“I wanted to congratulate you of course. The article about Stars’ Double Life that will be coming out tomorrow will be one big hit and when I say something it’s bound to happen.”

“Oh well, I sure hope so. Now if you will excuse me those Louboutin boots are waiting for me.”

Jeon Hyo Sung one of Seoul’s VIP’s, the most popular of all journalists, her agenda is booked with gala evenings and VIP outings only. A double-faced, arrogant, backstabbing big head with a nauseating smile, I’m one of the few people who don’t crouch down before her for a stupid invite or the other. Lately she has been showering me with compliments, etc… and I’m quite sure it’s not for free. She works for the same magazine as me and is the editor of the gossip column, not something I’m remotely interested in. I’m against all the attention people give those celebrities, I mean common, they are human too you know. My article talks about the image some companies give their artists and how way off it is from their real self, it’s just a fake façade simpleminded people take example on and it makes me sick to the stomach how this controlled and unnecessary business still perpetuates. Anyway, nobody seems to care about all that jazz so I’ll keep quiet about it and go on with my life.

Finally after getting those delicious boots my heart craved for, I get out and take a cab to go home ‘cause I’m sure my nose is turning red like Rudolf. After half an hour of busy streets I finally arrive to my precious condo equipped with the latest apparatus, it feels like heaven on earth while walking in, what with the gentle warm breeze that circulates in all of the rooms.

Stepping into the foyer I took my shoes and coat off and dumped it all near the white sofa, I continued with my stripping all the way till the bathroom and once all was off I prepared a warm bubbly bath. In my birthday suit I retraced all my steps till the kitchen put some readymade dinner in the oven and took a glace of wine, while going back to the bathroom I put some soothing music on and finally relaxed in the lukewarm casaba melon scented water.

RING RING

"Oh dinner is ready."

While getting out of water and putting a fluffy bathrobe on I get to the kitchen and take my dinner out, after taking place on the only available chair I look at my plate; it consists of chicken with an interesting coloured sauce. I look around me and sigh while taking a bite, it’s a shame I’m not skilled with house chores or have any kitchen skills. I’m no good with kids either… It’s not that I don’t like them, it’s just they make me go mad with their energetic behaviour and that’s one of the reasons my few friends don’t visit me anymore. I don’t have a boyfriend either, all my life is about is work and I’m not complaining. I live well with a good salary, I can buy whatever I want when I want but it gets lonesome sometimes… Like dinner time.

Once my “delicious” dinner finished I get ready for bed and while reading a sappy romance book about a workaholic female being who falls in love with a guy who is her polar opposite, I drift off to sleep while muttering.

"How unrealistic..."

 

4 ∞

 

Author note:

I know nothing really happens here but be patient please, it’s just the beginning. Also I’m taking my finals this month so I won’t be able to update till the 20th of June. For those who are waiting for Myungsoo, he will make an appearance on the next chapter and that’s when the good things will start.

Anyway R&R please :)