Chapter 1

The Opposite of Me

 

•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•

::: (\_(\ ...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

*: (=' :') :::::::: Yeo Jin's POV:::::::::::

•.. (,('')('')¤...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

 

I stared blankly at nothing as I just woke up. Another day at school. *sigh*

"Miss Yeo Jin?" The maid came knocking my door as my thoughts were back to reality.  

Sh*t! My glasses! I started panicking as I heard my door open. I quickly tied my hair into a messy ponytail and then acted as if I only got up from bed.  

"Yes?" I quickly replied. 

"The young miss told me that you should hurry up. She is already preparing to eat breakfast." The maid said while trembling. Obviously, trembling with fear because my sister half sister might have scolded her.

"Thank you and sorry if you were scolded by Min Seo." She stared at me wide eyed, nodded first, then left. Probably shocked that I knew the reason on why she was trembling. 

I quickly rid off my glasses and let my long straight hair relax fom being tied all the time. I looked at the door to check if no one was there. I ran to my  mirror and smiled at the beautiful 17 year old girl who was staring at me. 

I only enjoy my reflection once in a while. I smiled satisfied and took off my clothes so I could take a shower.

******

I finished my shower and opened my closet to grab my uniform.

I first wore my skirt and it was a bit too small for me now. The waistline is fine, but I'm not so sure about the length.

I tried wearing my blouse and surprised on how tight it was. It wasn't too tight but my curves were obviously showing. I shrugged it off and tied the bow tie around my neck.

"tsk tsk tsk" My door slammed open and there she was, Min Seo. My evil half sister. "Don't you think your uniform is a bit too small for you Yeo Jin?" I silently scoffed. If mine is small then how do you explain yours?

She shuffled herself to my closet and grabbed a pair of long socks and a large jacket. "Here! Wear these so your iness won't shine over me." 

I looked at her blankly as she raised her eyebrow at me.

"Well? Hurry up!" She scolded me as I quickly sat down and wore the pair of black socks. I slippen on the over-sized jacket then tied my hair into a tight ponytail. 

Min Seo grabbed my glasses and placed it on me.

"So ugly." She said it in a calm motherly-like voice. "Now, hurry up. Your money is on the table. You better not get in my way when we're in school. Sh*t up and don't talk to anyone."

I sighed as I nodded. As soon as she got out I got my cell phone and dialed my mom's number. 

"Hi mom... How are you feeling?" I asked with a worried voice. 

"*cough cough* I'm fine, now. You got to school with a smile on your face and just get through this day. Arasseo?" My mom said with a husky voice yet i was still able to understand it.

*How could I smile when I know you're life is coming to an end?* I said to myself as I bid goodbye and ended the call. 

I looked out my window and saw that Min Seo already left with the family limo. 

A big smile was plastered on my face as i got my backpack and scurried downstairs.

I looked at the big grandfather clock that was hanging on the right side of the house ad saw that it was still pretty early. I decided to have a quick breakfast before going to school.

As I sat down the maids placed a platter of scones in front of me together with cream and different varieties of jelly. 

I grabbed the knife, cut the scone in half and spread some cream. I grabbed the small bowl that had the blueberry jelly in it and placed it on top if the scone.

Now this is what I call breakfast: me with a nice cup of hot cappuccino and beautiful scones to munch on. 

"Good morning Darlene." My step mother said in english. Darlene is my english name. 

Unlike my step sister, my step mother was very kind to me. She even treated me like her own daughter.

"Isn't it a bit too hot for a jacket?" She asked as she kissed my forehead. 

"Not at all. It feels comfy actually." I lied trying my best not to sweat. Umma, you have no idea how much I want to take this jacket off. 

"You should really get contacts sweetie. I really want to see that beautiful face of yours again. And why don't you try letting your hair down, you have this beatiful long straight hair, yet no one sees it." 

I was cursing my step mother for saying all those things in front of the maids. They can't know that I have better side of me behind these pair of huge glasses. 

I hid my annoyance with laughter and bid goodbye to my step mother. 

It's a pretty long walk to my school, I should just enjoy this time for myself. I plugged in my earphones and listened to my favorite song. Ailee's I'll Show You. 

Let me tell you a bit about myself first. Annyeong Haseo. I'm Choi Yeo Jin. My mother and I are just my father's second family. We actually own the Art University i'll be attending to. Korean Art University, we also own a lot of companies. We'll get to that.

Well, my grandfather wanted to keep the company in the family so he arranged married my father to my step mom. Although my father loved my real mom first, he was forced to do so. But then, my step mom really didn't love my father so she was actually fine with my mother. 

When my father died and my mother got ill, she took care of me as if I was her real daughter. My grandfather died then my my grandmother took care of the business. When she dies, it'll be up to either me or Min Seo to take care of the business. 

You might all be thinking of the obvious answer which is Min Seo, right? She is the real daughter, so why am I in the option. Well, here's the answer. My grandmother loves me more than Min Seo. My grandfather loved my step mom, while my grandmother loved my real mom more. She wanted my real mom to be with my father. Hence, me being another option in being the next heir.

Later on, my mom was diagnosed with cancer. I still have a chance in healing her but I needed money. My grandmother and step mom was offering to help but Min Seo was too jealous of me. I was always better than her. Min Seo and I are the only ones who knows about are little secret. Only my family knows about my real appearance. 

I was forced to hide my trueself because I needed money. I agreed to this so that Min Seo will allow me to have my shares of the company. I HAD TO AGREE! WHO KNOWS WHAT KINDS OF THINGS SHE CAN DO! 

The song ended and my thoughts were back to reality. 

I stopped in front of a cafe and my mind instantly thought of cappuccino. 

I decided to order a cup because I wasn't able to get a sip from the one earlier thanks to my step mom. 

"Good morning!" the waiter greeted as I entered. 

"I'd like one cup of cappuccino please. Extra milk and extra whip cream." I smiled at the girl in front of the counter as she bowed and prepared my drink. 

As I was waiting for my order, I checked my phone for the time then placed it back. Ugh.

Why did Min Seo wake me up so early? Maybe she wanted tobe the oh so dear perfect queenka again. 

"A cup of cappuccino. And please add more milk and whip cream." I suddenly stopped and my eyes widedned as I heard my favorite drink coming out of another person's mouth. 

I turned my head around and saw a tall guy with brown wavy hair standing next to me. He was kinda cute actually.

My drink was handed to me as I reached it and grabbed it. 

My eyes widened as the sudden hand that touched mine. I looked at the guy next to me and saw him glaring at me. 

What is wrong with him?

It's my drink so why is he glaring at me?