Chapter 18 Part 1

Locker Room Love

 

Chanyeol looked in the mirror and was disgusted. It had been a day since the attack had occurred.

His hair stuck up in different directions and his black eye shone with a disturbing brilliance. He simply couldn’t look at himself anymore. The image of the Busan Prep goalie bloodied on the ground played back in his mind.

The names that Donghyun and Kyumin had called the player and the little guy were atrocious and fresh on Chanyeol’s tongue: ‘’, ‘Queer’, and ‘er’…

Chanyeol had to tell someone about what had happened, even if it meant he was to be dismissed from the school.

So, he began the long journey to the principal’s office.

Except on the way, he ran smack dab into Donghyun and Kyumin.

“Where are you going, Park?” Donghyun growled, crossing his arms.

Kyumin cracked his knuckles and bore his teeth for an extra intimidation factor.

Chanyeol stopped in his tracks and shuddered at the question. “It’s none of your business, not after what you did to me.”

Donghyun smirked and remarked, “We’re friends, right, Park? You don’t snitch on friends.”

The word sounded so tainted coming out of Donghyun’s mouth that Chanyeol actually shivered. But he wasn’t going to be afraid, he had a mission to fulfill. He wasn’t going to let Donghyun and Kyumin get away with what they had done to the guy.

They had committed a hate crime and Chanyeol wasn’t going to live with the guilt of it on his shoulders any longer- so, he ran.

Thankfully, he was a quick runner, but he didn’t take a chance with looking behind himself. When he heard Donghyun and Kyumin huffing and puffing, he knew he had the advantage.

He burst into the principal’s office, breathing heavily.

“I need to report a hate crime.” Chanyeol began, and the principal’s eyes darkened.

~~~~~~~~

Kyungsoo held Kai’s hand tightly.

“I’m fine, really, Kyungsoo. It’s just a concussion and a broken arm and a lot of bruises. The doctor has explained that to you six times already. I promise it doesn’t feel as bad as it looks.” Kai explained to the boy who was staring at him with worried eyes.

“I should have done something. I just stood there and watched them pummel you to a pulp.” Kyungsoo murmured, squeezing Kai’s hand for emphasis.

Kai breathed in slowly. The last thing he wanted was for Kyungsoo to feel guilty about what had happened. “It was not your fault. I wouldn’t have been able to forgive myself if you had gotten hurt.”

Kyungsoo relaxed at Kai’s admission. “We’re going to find the people who did this to you and they are going to pay for what they did.” He promised, his teeth baring at the thought of seeing Kai’s attackers in handcuffs.

“You’re adorable when you’re angry.” Kai cooed, pulling Kyungsoo’s chin toward him. He pecked the boy's lips gently.

An awkward cough came from a police officer as he walked into the room. “Sorry to interrupt but I just need to ask Kai a couple of questions concerning the assault.”

Kyungsoo blushed fiercely and moved out of the police officer’s way. Kai smirked at the interaction.

“Alright, let’s do this thing.” Kai prompted as the police officer took a seat.

 Kyungsoo bit his lip, tentative to re-live the story through Kai’s re-telling.

~~~~~~~~

Luhan had tried desperately to find Kai’s attackers but he soon realized how much of a dead-end task it was. On top of that, did it really make sense to fight back with violence?

He had re-evaluated the situation with a much more rational point of view and realized how idiotic seeking revenge in a physical way was. The other problem was that he didn’t even know where to start with a search for the guys. All he knew was that they were from the Busan West soccer team, and that wasn’t much of a start…

Kai had requested that Sehun and Luhan still go to their football practice for the day; not only to let everybody know that he was okay but also because he didn’t want to deprive them of the practice.

Luhan ghosted through his classes that day, weighed down by the attack but also the fact that he and Sehun weren’t together. Minji had asked him at lunchtime why they weren’t together and he honestly couldn’t give a solid response.

It really didn’t make any sense, Luhan thought as he walked down the hallway at the end of the day, why weren’t they together now?

The bottom line was that Luhan yearned for the comfort of Sehun’s embrace; sure, he wanted to protect him but he also wanted to be with him. Luhan would never let anyone lay a hand on Sehun and he knew that Sehun probably wouldn’t let that happen to him either.

He made it to the locker room and when he saw Sehun changing, his heart began to race with excitement. Sehun’s eyes even lit up when he noticed Luhan’s arrival.

Sehun and Luhan open their mouths at the exact same time to say something. When they realized this, they both burst out laughing.

“You go first.” Luhan prompted.

“All that stuff I said last night was complete bull . I don’t care what it takes or what we might have to face, I want to be with you.” Sehun gushed and as Luhan processed the words, a wave of relief rushed over him.

“You took the words right out of my mouth.” Luhan agreed breathlessly.

He looked around quickly and pulled Sehun behind the set of lockers. Sehun actually giggled at the interaction and smiled as Luhan looked deep into his eyes.

“I missed you.” Luhan murmured intimately.

Sehun laughed and smirked at the captain. “It’s been less than a day.”

“I don’t care, it felt like forever.” Luhan responded, leaning their foreheads together. He noticed that Sehun was wearing the dog tags still, which made his heart soar with hope.

They were okay. It was all going to be okay. 


 


 

A/N Well, um, okay. Some people weren't very.........................happy with last chapter. I got a few unsubscribers and I just have a little thing I want to say. If you want to unsubscribe, I am not encouraging you to unsubscribe, but if you want to, fine. Just tell me why. If you don't I will have a serious bone to pick with you!!!

On to happier news. I got into my schools talent show! Yay! 23 people auditioned and I was one of 8 to get in! Double yay! I hope this chapter makes up for last chapter! Kai getting injured is actually crucial to this story so.................................


 

Hugs and kisses

VIPnzLOVE