Chapter 16

Locker Room Love

 

There was a box in his hand. And Luhan had assumedly left it there.

Sehun suddenly hated that he was a chronic sleepwalker. Sehun’s questions were simply endless about what had happened, his head was spinning with his predictions.

He decided that he would just sleep on it. Maybe if he just went back to sleep, he would wake up from this dream. Maybe it had never actually happened.

He put the box down on his bedside table and jumped back into bed, closing his eyes off from the world.

 

~~~~~

Luhan played sick the next day from school. He hid away in dorm room, wanting to avoid Sehun at all costs.

He wasn’t ready to face Sehun, especially with the last gift he had given him. It was just too damn embarrassing. Things were going too fast.

In the afternoon, there was a knock on Luhan’s door. He panicked for a moment, thinking it was Sehun. But Sehun didn’t know where he lived. And if it was Kai, he would just let himself in.

Luhan would just have to pretend to not be there.

“LUHAN! OPEN THE BLOODY DOOR!” Minji’s voice screeched from outside.

Luhan sighed and then rolled out of bed. He trudged toward the door and slowly pulled it open.

“Why aren’t you in class?!?” Minji demanded, poking Luhan in the chest as she passed through the door.

She sat down on Luhan’s bed, raising an eyebrow. She was expecting a sufficient answer.

“Sehun knows. He woke up after I brought him back to his dorm room.” Luhan explained, solemnly.

Minji’s eyes widened with surprise. “But, how does he know, then?”

“I put the present in his hand. He kept asking for it.” Luhan responded.

He collapsed down on Kai’s bed, feeling utterly hopeless. Minji moved toward him, wordlessly, and lay down next to him.

She looked at him sympathetically and then slipped her hand into his.

“It’s going to be okay, Lu. There’s just no way that he doesn’t like you. You should see the way I catch him looking at you sometimes.” She whispered reassuringly.

“Really?” Luhan asked, comforted by having his best friend’s hand in his.

Minji sighed and admitted, “Don’t you ever wonder why I was so jealous at the beginning? I was so judgmental of him and of you; you were just trying to help out a friend. I should’ve been more understanding, my actions were embarrassing.”

“It’s okay. Don’t even worry about it.” Luhan shared, tightening their grip.

He was so thankful that he still had Minji around to support him. Without her, he probably wouldn’t have even continued on with pursuing Sehun. He wouldn’t have the courage to go for what he wanted.

Luhan jumped up to his feet and felt a wave of confidence rush through him. If he got ready now, he’d be able to make it to his last class and even soccer practice. He needed to face Sehun, even if that just meant being around him.

After practice, he would talk to Sehun. He wouldn’t have any expectations about it but at least they would have the conversation. There would be no doubt, no more questions, and just outright honesty. The idea was both thrilling and terrifying.

“That’s quite a change. What’s got into you?” Minji implored, a smile on her face.

“I just have to go for it. There’s no more time to hide away from my feelings. Either he feels the same way or he doesn’t. If I never ask, I’ll never know.” Luhan stated, feeling  increasingly self-assured as the words passed through his mouth.

“You sound like you’ve been inspired by a self help book.” Minji teased, giggling.

“Whatever works.” Luhan shrugged, not letting the comment shake him at all.

“I’ll be here for you. Whatever happens.” She shared.

“You’ll be the first to know how it goes. Now, if you could vacate the premises so I can change.” He requested, sheepishly.

“Like I haven’t seen it all before…” Minji said, winking before she left the room.

Luhan changed quickly out of his pajamas and went to his last class. He wasn’t sure how he was going to concentrate with all the anxiety pulsing through his veins but he pulled it together enough at least to fake it.

~~~~~

“How the hell did he get in the room?” Kyungsoo implored, picking up the gift in his hand.

He shifted it around his little hands and then set it down on the library table. Their last class was study hall, which basically meant being trapped in the library with little to do. Most people just socialized and pretended to do work. Today, Kyungsoo and Sehun didn’t even try to mask the fact they only had the intent to have a conversation.

When Sehun had woken up that morning and seen the present still on the bedside table, he couldn’t bring himself to open it. It was from Luhan and suddenly things felt a whole lot more complicated.

“He didn’t. I was sleepwalking and then I sort of woke up with it in my hands. Then, I opened the door and Luhan was just standing there. That can’t be a coincidence.” Sehun explained.

Kyungsoo handed back the box and Sehun took it in his palms. He cradled the gift for a moment and then set it down on the table.

Sehun wasn’t sure that he wanted to break the illusion yet. It was just too perfect for it to be Luhan. It would be too easy. Maybe Luhan was just trying to help a friend out.

“I don’t think it is. You should open it.” Kyungsoo prompted, pushing the box toward his friend.

Sehun could tell that Kyungsoo wasn’t just wanting him to open it because of his curiosity; he wanted him to be happy and accept that someone reciprocated his feelings. Kyungsoo wanted Sehun to have what he had with Kai.

He slowly peeled the wrapping paper away from the gift and inside was a leather jewelry box. It snapped open to reveal a silver dog tag necklace that read:

I care.

Those two words felt like a promise that could hold forever. It was an unbreakable vow that Sehun was in someone’s thoughts and under someone’s protective eye.

Sehun wasn’t really a romantic but this gesture might have converted him. It was just too beautiful.

Kyungsoo peeked over the gift and gasped.

“That’s so amazing!” The boy deemed of the present.

Sehun wholeheartedly agreed, the thing was gorgeous. He picked it up and it was cold in his hands. He ran his thumb over the inscription and his heart began to race.

He wished he could find Luhan and thank him but there was a danger in that. But, this seemed worth it. It was harmless gratitude, even if Luhan wasn’t interested romantically, he deserved to be thanked for the gift and all those that had preceded it.

As if Kyungsoo had read his mind, he suggested, “You have to talk to Luhan.”

And Sehun would. After practice.

But first, he slipped the necklace on and he could feel it hanging next to heart.

~~~~

Luhan’s  breath hitched when he saw Sehun run onto the field before practice. Sehun was wearing the dog tags under his practice jersey. Luhan couldn’t believe it.

Sehun didn’t ignore Luhan but at the same time, he didn’t totally acknowledge him or last night’s occurrence either. They both knew the time would come for their talk but right now it was time for soccer.

Kyungsoo and Minji both watched the practice from the stands. Minji had her eyes trained on Luhan while Kyungsoo watched over Sehun. Alternatively, they also drooled over their prospective crushes: Xiumin and Kai. They both agreed they were good at multitasking.

The practice flew by. And soon, Sehun and Luhan found themselves changing next to each other, after their showers, in the locker room.

They took turns stealing glances at each other.

Once they were both changed back into their street clothes, Sehun stood up straight and said, “We should-“

“Talk.” Luhan finished his sentence. “Yes, we really should.”

Sehun laughed sheepishly.

“Why don’t we go outside?” He suggested.

Luhan agreed with a nod. Sehun walked in front, smiling excitedly. He clutched the necklace to calm his nerves. Luhan noticed this and his heart soared.

They walked in a comfortable silence until they were in the middle of the garden courtyard. The place was empty so it felt like the right place to hold the conversation.

“So…. About last night…” Luhan started, nervously.

Sehun sat down on a bench and began to play with a flower absentmindedly. It made him feel calmer. He looked up at Luhan coyly and said, “You were outside my door. And you helped me get back to my room after I sleepwalked. And I woke up with one of the anonymous packages in my hand…”

Luhan sat down next to Sehun and boldly laced his fingers under the dog tag. Sehun was mesmerized by the touch.

“Do you like it?” Luhan asked, his nervous breath dancing upon Sehun’s neck.

Sehun nodded, watching Luhan evaluating the gift. “I love it.”

The rookie hesitated for a moment before adding, “Thank you.”

Luhan grinned. “You’re more than welcome.”

With that response, all of Sehun’s suspicions were laid to rest.

“I-I-It is you.” He stuttered, trying to mask his excitement.

Luhan watched as Sehun realized that Luhan was the one who had been sending him gifts for weeks (with a little help from Minji).  It was adorable, really.

“You know it was always because I actually care, right? It was never a joke.” Luhan stated, honestly.

“I get that now. The robe thing, well, that was a bit of a misunderstanding.” Sehun said, laughing at the embarrassing memory of flashing his entire team.

Luhan joined in with the reminiscence. “Yeah, that was quite the show you put on in there… though I didn’t mind the view.”

He winked at Sehun suggestively and Sehun blushed fiercely.

“So, what does this mean?” Sehun implored, shyly.

Luhan thought about it for a minute before answering, “Well, what do you want it to mean?”

Luhan didn’t want to push Sehun into anything he didn’t want. On top of that, they weren’t being very blatant about their intentions so he wanted to make sure Sehun and he were on the same page.

“You just answered my question with another question. That’s called passing the buck, Sir Captain.” Sehun teased, raising his eyebrow in accusation.

Luhan shrugged, “I just want to make sure we want the same thing.”

His eyes sparkled with genuine tentativeness. It made Sehun’s heart melt. On a whim, he took Luhan’s chin in his palm and it gently. Their proximity was breathtaking.

“Is this want you want?” Sehun whispered, the breaths between his words causing air to dance along Luhan’s lips.

Luhan nodded, entranced by how close Sehun’s lips were to his.

With that, Sehun pressed his lips boldly against Luhan’s.

 It was as if a chorus of instruments were cued to play as their lips connected.

The perfect melody.


 


 

A/N When I was writing this I got to the end and was just like “now kiss”!!!

Kekeke this has been one of my favourite chapters so far (for obvious reasons)

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!! I WENT THREE WHOLE DAYS WITHOUT INTERNET!!!!!!!! HOW DID I SURVIVE!!!!!!!!

Okay, breathe, in and out. Okay, spazz over. XD

First of all I am so very sorry to all of my new subscribers who I haven't personally thanked. Really, thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much to ALL of my subscribers. Your support honestly makes me cry sometimes! And not just support for this story either!

Hopefully I will have a new one/two shot up this weekend, this time dedicated to ExoticShawol123. (absolutely no guarantees)

Oh and, I AM GOING TO THE ALL BLACKS!!!!!!!!!!! For those of who that don't know who they are, they are New Zealand's (epic) rugby team who I must point out hold the rugby world cup crown. I GET TO GO SEE THEM PLAY FRANCE IN MY HOME TOWN TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I AM A RUGBY FANATIC!!!!!! CONRAD SMITH IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway,

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

VIPnzLOVE

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo