Page 3 (Finale)

The Unfinished Story
The following day, as ChaeMi was coming down the stairs, she heard her mom and dad talking in the living room.
 
"Yeobo, the company told me that I will be transferred into another branch." Mr Park said.
 
"Then transfer. What's the problem with that?" Mrs Park frowned.
 
Mr Park sighed. "The thing is, the branch is in another country."
 
She was shocked by what she heard and her parents saw her. They called her and explained her everything and that they'll moving out next week.
 
She ran out of the door and headed towards the willow tree where she cried and cried.
 
Luhan who was in the playground near the willow practicing how to tell her the way he feels for her, saw her crying and he ran towards her.
 
"Why are you crying?" He asked worriedly.
 
ChaeMi wiped her tears using the back of her hand. "Remember what we talked about before, the one about moving away?" she sniffled. "We're leaving Oppa. We'll move out next week." Another tear escaped her eyes.
 
Luhan who was in disbelief, tried not to show any tears and how painful it was inside. "We just have to accept it Chae, we can't do anything to change their minds. But I want you to know something."
 
"What is it oppa?" she hiccuped.
 
Luhan gathered all of his strength and energy. He took a deep breath and spoke. "I love you Chae, more than anything in this world and I'll never stop loving you. I'm leaving too. We're leaving for greener pasture."
 
He sat beside her and comforted her, rubbing her back. But what he said made her cry more.
 
 
-*-*-*-*-
 
Days passed by and the time for ChaeMi's departure came. They met under the willow.
 
"So.. is this goodbye forever?" she asked, tearing up.
 
"Maybe, but I know fate will make a move that'll bring us together again." Luhan replied.
 
New tears fell down her face, thinking that they'll be away from each other after how many years that they spent together.
 
ChaeMi opened . "Lu oppa, I love you too. I regretted that I didn't tell you this earlier."
 
Luhan was extremely surprised by what he heard. Tears also found it's way out of his eyes. "I'll find you Chae, no matter what happens."
 
Then ChaeMi's parents came and picked her up. Tears never stopped falling as they bid their goodbyes.
 
Luhan left the town after a month to pursue his studies. After so many years, Luhan finished his studies and became rich.
 
He returned to the town where he and ChaeMi shared so many memories.
 
He sat under the willow and noticed something heart shaped, engraved in the bark tree and inside the heart, Luhan's and ChaeMi's names were written.
 
He remembered his promise to ChaeMi. "Fate wouldn't make a move until I do." he muttered under his breath.
 
Then he decided to look for her. He started asking his former neighbors for information but didn't get any.
 
He then went her relatives hoping to get even a tiny bit of information. A cousin of her told Luhan that she was in this place.
 
Though the information wasn't that accurate, he hoped that he'll find her with the help of his desperate endeavor.
 
After almost a year of looking for her. He finally found her.
 
It was a rainy day. He knocked on the door and waited patiently. And when it opened, there he saw ChaeMi before his eyes. He was so happy and was filled with energy.
 
As if a thirsty man was given a glass of water. He was happy beyond words.
 
"I've been looking for you. It was a long time since we've seen each other. You're still beautiful. Let's come home" He smiled and hugged her tight.
 
ChaeMi was surprised to see him.
 
She was glad to see her best friend after a long time but then her smile faded. "I'm not coming back. I've done something terrible. I'm afraid to speak but you'd expect that from me. I'm mixed up. I'm over you."
 
Then ChaeMi's fiancé came out and greeted.
 
ChaeMi introduced Luhan to Sehun, her fiancé.
 
Luhan's world was crushed inside out. His heart sank like titanic to the bottom of the sea. Like the apple when it dropped on Isaac Newton's head. It was like the force of the angel gods pulling him down.
 
He kept his promise to ChaeMi that he'll find her no matter what and he'll keep on loving her.
 
"I'm happy for you ChaeMi, I wish you two all the best in your life. I guess I'll be going home now." He said in a gloomy voice and walked out of the house without turning back.
 
When he returned home, he went for a check up because his health was deteriorating.
 
He found out that he has some kind of illness and he only got a month to live.
 
Days passed by so fast and the day he feared came. That day, ChaeMi came to his house.
 
She noticed the deteriorating of Luhan's health. Luhan said that he'll be cured and he'll live.
 
ChaeMi held his hands and spoke. "Lu oppa, the truth is... I still love you. I tried to forget you because it was a long time. I've lost hope that you'll find me."
 
Luhan smiled and tears fell down to his ear. He hesitated to tell her about his health and decided to shut his mouth for the mean time.
 
"I have a secret to tell you. I'll tell you tomorrow. Promise me that you'll never forget me because I won't forget you." He said in a weak voice.
 
ChaeMi frowned. "Of course I'll never forget you. Is there something wrong?" she looked at him.
 
"Nothing, I'm just afraid that you'll forget me. It's getting late Chae, I need some rest and probably you too." He smiled.
 
ChaeMi agreed and left the house.
 
The following morning, ChaeMi returned to Luhan's house and was shocked. She started crying and weeping.
 
"Luhan died an hour ago" A relative said. "He left you a note."
 
The letter said...
 
I don't want you to know I'm going to die after what you have said.
I don't want you to suffer from my loss. Don't worry, you'll be over me in no time.
I love you goodbye.
From your best friend and lover, Luhan.
 
 
She went back to her town and sat under the melancholy tree they used to play. Reminisced every memory they shared and she saw the heart shaped carvings on the tree and tears streamed down her face once again.
 
"If only I could turn back time, I'll wait for you and I'll make the last days of your life worthwhile."
 
She went home with a frown on her face.
 
Eventually, she got over him and lived a happy life with Sehun but she never forgot Luhan.
 
He had a place in her heart which nobody can ever replace.