3 : 3

Faithful Tower.

"Chanyeol..." Yifan called over the large counter the younger had disappeared behind, finding him on the floor with his knees curled up to his chest.

"Bad." Yixing's small voice spoke softly, the boy holding himself against the tile panels as he tried to peek over the counter as well. "Baekie bad." His face was blank, but Yixing's voice was airy and agitated. His small hands gripped the edge tightly as his feet pushed him onto his toes, still unable to see Chanyeol.

"Baekie isn't bad, Lay. He was just confused." Chanyeol's voice wavered as he breathed deeply, moving to stand properly so Yixing could actually see him.

"Bad...c-careless." The small boy dropped back onto his heels, leaning away from the counter and into Yifan's side, pulling quickly at the man's arm.

"What? Xing, Baekie-"

"Careless! Channie hurt, Baekie careless." Small hands gripped Yifan's larger hands tightly, pulling and letting out a long, soft whine. His feet bounced lightly and his legs started to shake, but as the boy opened and closed his mouth, words failed to come out.

"B-Baekie heartless." Yifan looked at Chanyeol, tears still sliding down pale cheeks, shock written across his wet features.

"He is not!" Sobs racked his body as he screamed, hands digging into his pocket and clenching tightly around something Yifan and Yixing couldn't see. Chanyeol's large hand gripped a small photograph tightly but carefully, not wanting to ruin the memory.

Yixing moved around Yifan, detaching from him completely, to stand in front of Chanyeol. His small hands reached up to settle on his shoulders, slowly dragging down until he was gripping the boys' wrists tightly enough to leave bright, red marks behind. He pulled harshly, immediately opening up Chanyeol's fists and grabbing the small picture nestled in his palm.

"Baekie. Heartless...wrong?" Yixing stood there, unmoving and unwavering as he stared down at the picture. It was a picture of Baekhyun that both Yixing and Yifan had seem many times, although this time, the photo had been ripped down the middle. Yifan took the picture from Yixing, before looking back at Chanyeol. The photo he held was only a torn picture of Baekhyun, with his blindingly bright smile in place.

Yifan slipped the picture in his pocket, and pulled out his cellphone while dragging Yixing to sit in a chair at the counter.

"Baekhyun." Yifan had called the other at least four times, before finally getting an answer from someone.

"Yifan?" The voice that answered had Yifan stopped in his tracks. What was she doing with Baekhyun's phone?

"Ahjumma. Where is Baekhyun?" Yixing leaned onto Yifan, face blank as he watched the expression over the older boys face change with the words coming through the phone. 

"What is that supposed to mean? 'Dangerous'? You think Chanyeol is dangerous?" A loud thud was heard under the counter, but neither Yifan nor Yixing looked to see what Chanyeol had dropped.

Yifan angrily tossed his phone, ignoring the woman still speaking on the other side. 

"Yixing, we need to leave." Yifan didn't look back at Chanyeol as he left, pulling Yixing almost carelessly. His steps were rushed and unforgiving towards the boy he pulled, too fast and too large for Yixing to keep up with. It wasn't until the boy pulled his arm away and sat himset on the sidewalk pavement that Yifan realized he was almost dragging the now crying boy.

Yixing's hands balled up into fists as he lightly pounded his temples, quiet whimpers flowing from the boys tightly clenched throat. 

"Yixing? Baobei, I'm so sorry," Yifan kneeled down, wrapping his long arms tightly around the frail body of the boy, shifting him into his lap, "I didn't realize...I'm sorry, Xing." Yifan kissed all over the boys drying face gently, pulling the small hands away from Yixing's face and wiping the tears still running along his pale face. He gently hushed the boy, rocking him lightly and gave him a quick kiss, before letting Yixing curl up in his lap and calm down. They sat like this for a few moments, receiving odd looks from the people walking by, but Yifan ignored them.

"Is he okay?" A small boy stopped next to them, one hand grasping his mother's tightly.

Yifan weakly smiled, but didn't reply. The looks the woman was gave him said enough as she tried to pull the boy away again, and he was okay with it. No parents really wanted their children around Yixing often, because they thought that he was sick, that their own children could catch Yixing's disability. 

"Chaejeong, we need to go. Hyung's waiting at home, remember?" The woman tugged on the boys arm, but he didn't move. Instead he pulled away from her and hugged tightly onto Yixing.

Yixing froze, not used to contact with anyone other than Yifan himself, or his very close friends. The boys arms wrapped around Yixing's neck and he could feel a tiny hand run through his hair. The action, unfamiliar and uncomfortable to Yixing, shocked Yifan to no end. The boy's smile was genuine and sweet, and he was gentle as he squeezed the Chinese boy against his small chest., even as he could feel Yixings breathing speed, he quietly comforted the boy 

"I hope you feel better. Don't be sad anymore!" The boy smiled brightly, kissing the top of Yixing's head, before returning to the woman again, waving as she dragged him away.

"Ch-Chaejeong." Yixing's head tilted cutely as he looked at Yifan, curling back into his lap. "Chaejeong. Byun." Yixing leaned more into Yifan, leaning up to reach his ear as he whispered again. "Byun! Chaejeong." 

"Wait!" Yifan carefully pulled Yixing to his feet, arm wrapped tightly around his small waist, as they walked towards the child again.

"What was your name? Chaejeong?" The small boy came running back to them, nodding happily.

"Byun Chaejeong." Yifan's eyes widened, looking up to the woman he thought was the boys mother.

"And are you perhaps...going to see your brother?" Another nod from the boy as he reached to pat Yixing's hand gently. "What's his name, Chaejeong-ah?" 

"Byun Baekhyun!" A big, goofy smile spread across his face, but the woman started pulling him away before he could get any other words out.

"Baekhyun...Baekie." Yixing spoke quietly, moving to stand slightly behind Yifan, but he called louder when the woman kept walking.

"Baekie! Heartless. Baekie bad...Channie." The woman almost stopped this time, but she kept moving. She didn't turn to look at the two boys, she didn't walk back to grab onto Chaejeong again as he went back to Yixing. She kept walking.

"Hyung isn't heartless...or bad. Why would you say that?" Chaejeong tried to lean around Yifan to see Yixing, but the other kept moving away, not wanting to be seen or touched again.

"Channie...broken." Yifan could feel his throat clenching tightly, and he pulled the forgotten photo out of his pocket. 

"This is your brother?" The boy looked at the picture, smiling lightly, and nodded again.

"Do you mean...Park Chanyeol?" The boys voice grew quiet when he asked, but the smile was still stretching his lips.

"Yes...you know him?" He nodded again, finally losing his smile.

"He used to babysit me with hyung. Now I'm stuck with that ahjumma. She's not even nice..." A cute pout crossed the boys features for a moment. He looked down at his shoes, before reaching to grasp Yifan's hand. 

"Will you help me? I want Chanyeol hyung back." Yifan glanced back at Yixing, his eyes wide and curious, but still unwilling to move, and he nodded.

"I'll help you, if you can help me out with something in return. Do you think we could make a deal, little guy?"  The boys smiled returned as he nodded, leaning in to hug Yifan tightly.


I know this is short, but there will be a double update. The next chapter will be uploaded later today!