2 : 2

Faithful Tower.

"Yixing...Baobei, go sit down. I'll ask about Baekie, okay?" The bot still refused, pressing his forehead to Yifan's arm and pushing against him harshly.

"Yixing, no." Yifan held the boys head still, leaning down to press his lips to the smooth, pale forehead uncovered by Yixing's hair.

"Baekhyun is fine, Yixing. No need to throw a fit over him being gone." Chanyeol liked to tease, Yifan knew this, but Chanyeol's words were serious, there was no bright humor on his voice, and the sweet smile it seemed everyone held for for Yixing was no longer in place.

"No." Yifan's eyes widened at this, if only slightly. The youngest boy was never one to argue; In fact, he hated even the thought of simply disagreeing with someone because he didn't like making people feel bad. Yixing's eyes closed for a short moment, before opening slowly again and he looked down at the floor, adjusting his feet to line up with the tile patterns.

"Baekie." Yixing's voice was soft as he spoke, eyes wondering again as he let go of Yifan and crouched down on the floor, holding himself tightly and digging his nails into his forearms. Soft whines strained his throat as he dragged his hands down his arms until they met, squeezing his fingers tightly together.

"Xing, baobei, don't." Yifan kneeled, gently wrapping the boy in his arms, voice soft against Yixing's ear. "We'll call Baekie, okay? Will that make it better?" Yifan didn't loosen his hold or move away until he felt the boy relax against him completely, nodding against the larger's shoulder.

"Channie? Upon hearing his name, the teen walked over, nervously cradling Yifan's drink in his hands.

"Baekhyun wants to leave me." Chanyeol took a deep breath, sighing shakily, "He said he doesn't think he's gay anymore, or something...He doesn't love me anymore, Kevin." Tears had been falling down the boys cheeks as he'd made his friend's drink, wet tracks left behind as evidence.

"What? What does he mean, about not being...Channie," Chanyeol sat between the two Chinese boys, hands shaking as the older hugged him tightly. Yixing reached across, petting the barista's head softly. Seeing Yixing nearly broke Chanyeol's heart, every time. The boy was so small, he was absolutely precious. He was like a younger brother to him, which only made him feel worse when he was reminded of the boy's disability. Chanyeol had never believed that being considered mentally disabled should ever be synonymous with being considered 'retarded', but he couldn't stop others from thinking so and he felt ashamed of his co-workers, his classmates, even a very small few of his 'friends' because they thought being Autistic was even worse than being 'retarded'. 

Chanyeol shuddered when Yifan spoke again, snapping out of his thoughts. "Xingie, I think Channie needs a hug." The boy smiled brightly, not understanding why there were tears running down his friends face, and held his small arms out to the older Korean.

Feeling his heart shudder with the immense adoration he felt towards the boy, Chanyeol squeezed the boy tightly, pulling him into his lap. "Thank you, Laylay." Yifan watched the pair, concern rushing through him as he sipped at his lukewarm mocha, jaw strained as he watched tears continue to fall from his friend's slightly-too-large eyes.

"I don't know what I did wrong. I mean...I know I'm not the most romantic guy, Kevin, but..." Chanyeol leaned his head against Yixing's shoulder, letting the boy brush his tiny fingers through his short, black hair.

"Don't...don't think like that, Channie. Is there really anything going on at home? With him, I mean...Is there something that could be going on with him that would make him do this?" He paused, nodding slowly. 

"He's moving back in with his parents. They called him and he was somehow convinced that 'it was the best thing for him'." Chanyeol's voice raised sharply at the end, shocking Yixing. Yifan pressed his hand into the smallest boys back, rubbing lightly to calm him, before gesturing for Chanyeol to continue. "Why would he do that? They do nothing but mock him, and degrade him. He...he hated them. How could he do this?" Tears were flowing smoothly down his cheeks, jaw strained as he clenched his mouth around his tongue.

"Ch-channie." Yixing watched the older intently, eyes fixing on his face. 

"Laylay?" Chanyeol's voice cracked, breath quick and shallow as he tried to keep the tears behind his eyes and away from the view of the youngest. He waited patiently, Yifan slinging an arm around his shoulders and watching the youngest.

"No." Small hands cupped Chanyeol's face, his eyes soft as they flickered continuously across the older boys face. "No Baekie."

This new progression shocked the two older boys, but it was important that they kept trying to get Yixing to talk. His disability has often robbed him from the ability to speak and his soft, sweet voice was so soothing to the pair watching him. Yifan had the fleeting wish that Yixing would speak more often, before being painfully reminded of just why it was that the boy didn't speak.

"Baobei?" At the sound of Yifan's smooth voice, Yixing stood up, nearly stepping over Chanyeol in the process.

"Baekie. No. He...no Baekie." Yixing nodded, a firm, content look crossing his features as he sat back down. 

"Lay...why don't we stop talking about Baekie." Chanyeol's voice dropped slightly as he stood, returning to the counter. 

Yifan's heart cringed at the simple thought of Chanyeol- his best friend forever, being so broken down and hurt. He knew just how head-over-heels, completely in love Chanyeol was with Baekhyun. He also knew that, though Baekhyun had a harder time coping with it and showing it, he had definitely loved the taller Korean just as much.


 

Okay, so I've got a lot of explaining to do.

First of all, to all my subbies...

I am so,so, soooo sorry for the wait. I had a hard time starting this. I had that very short first chapter written, and I just really could not see how to add to it, but I didn't want to leave you guys with only that chapter, but it wasn't until today that I somehow got this work done with my muse by my side. There is some angst..but...I can promise you, it all gets better. I write fluff and angst the best at the moment though, so I will slowly be making my way out of my shell in writing this story c:

Second of all, almost all the comments asked about Yixing. He's Autistic, but also has a touch of what's called Asperger's Syndrome. There may be someone who says this is unrealistic, but my own older brother is actually Autistic and has Asperger's.He is a really high functioning guy now, there's no way someone would really be able to tell he ever had a 'disability', but he was really hard to handle when we were younger. 

ohmygod etrhfdgdth I love you guys for sticking through the wait for this though!!!  I will absolutely try my best to get in better tune with my creative 'muse', but I don't want to set a schedule I can't keep and leave you all disappointed. Comments would be loveloveloved though! I want to know what you think! 

(I do not own any pictures used here, though I may use my own edits in the future. I do not own Exo, specifically at this point, Kevin Li (Wu Yifan), Park Chanyeol, or Zhang Yixing.)