We Were In Love

We Were In Love

 

 

 

 

"Get up already."  Nayoung's sister pulls her arms.

"I don't want to go!" she groans.  

"You do realize you have no say in this? You are coming with me no matter what!" Nayoung sighs in frustration as she knows what her sister is saying is true. I don't understand why I have to go. They're not even my friends. They're her friends.

 

Nayoung was never the type to fit in. She was always more quiet than her sister. People mostly never paid attention to her especially when her sister is next to her. In everybody else's eyes, Haneul was better at everything.

 

"It'll be fun." her sister tries to  cheer her up.

"No it won't. They always make fun of me and you do nothing to stop them!"

"Well, I can't." she innocently says.

Nayoung turns her head and looks at her sister in disbelief, "What? Are your lips sewn together? You don't have a tongue?"

"Come on~, don't be like that. If I say something then I'll be kicked out of the group." Nayoung does nothing but scoff at her sister's desperate self. She always want to fit in.

~~

"When are we leaving?"

"Jeez, we just got here! Stop being so negative!" her sister hisses. "Oh look! They're right there! Be cool! Don't say anything dumb!"

"I never even talk!"

"Whatever just be cool." she fixes her shirt. Whatever. Nayoung rolls her eyes.

"Hey Haneul." the "leader" of the group says.

"Hi."

Then, all eyes land on Nayoung. "You brought your sister?"

"Yeah, she begged to come."

What?!! Nayoung opens to say something but isn't allowed as one of the girls says, "Of course! She always has to follow her sister around. She's just like a shadow!" Nayoung says nothing because she knows even if she tries to defend herself, it will not work.

"Just leave your sister alone!" the "leader" says and pushes Nayoung, causing her to stumble back. "Let's go Haneul." they all walk away, Haneul mouthing a 'sorry'.

Nayoung can feel a lump growing in . They have said mean things before but the thing that bothers Nayoung is her sister does nothing. She never defends her. Nayoung always has hope that she will, but she never does.

Suddenly she feels like crying. Why am I like this? She always does things like this. Don't cry Nayoung. But, as much as she tries to stop herself from crying, the tears will not stop from forming in her eyes.

"Dang it." she mumbles to herself. She goes to the backyard; away from everybody. She sits down on the floor; letting her head hang. She starts thinking about her sad life. She does not care anymore, she lets the tears come out as she starts sobbing.

After a few minutes she hears somebody clear their throat. Nayoung looks up to see a guy standing next to her. Did he see everything?

"Are you ok?" he tilts his head to the side. "I saw and heard what those girls said to you." She looks down in embarrassment. "Don't worry about those girls. They're always like that around that age. Dumb and immature." he laughs. She smiles. Yeah, they are.  

He sits next to her. "What are you doing?"

He looks at her with a confused expression. "Sitting down? I'm not allowed? Is this all yours?"

"No I-"

"Then I can sit." he smiles; his dimples showing. She looks at his dimples. Nayoung has always had a thing for dimples. They're cute. She mentally bites her tongue for saying something like that. Don't think things like that. She scolds herself.

He turns to look at her, "You're pretty."

She feels her heart beat fasten and she blushes. Why am I feeling like this? I don't even know him. 

 

 

 

 

"Why are you making this so hard? You know I love you." Nayoung's eyes widen as she hears the word 'love'. He loves me...? "Why won't you let me in? Let me love you." A single confused tear rolls down Nayoung's cheek.

 

"Please... let me love you. I promise to never leave you." he uses his thumb to wipe away her tear. She looks up at him to look at his eyes as she believes his words. Yixing softly places his forehead against hers. "Nayoung, I love you." he says. "I will prove that I love you."

 

 

 

 

Yixing hands her a little black box. She looks at it and slowly opens it. Rings. Two shiny silver rings. She looks at him and he explains.

"They're promise rings. I promise to always love you and never leave you. If you accept this promise ring that means you're willing to give me a chance." He looks at her, waiting for her response. She smiles and grabs the bigger ring and slips it into his ring finger. He smiles and takes the smaller ring out and slides it into her ring finger.

She brings her hand up; admiring the simple but meainingful ring.

They both look at each other while smiling. Nayoung closes her eyes and kisses Yixing's dimple. He was surprised. "I love you." she tells him. His eyes widen. This is the first time she has said those words to him. She slowly brings her hands up to his face and pulls his head until their lips meet. She really does love me, he thinks to himself. He brings his hand up to the back of her neck and pulls her closer to him and she wraps her arms around his neck. This is her first kiss and she is glad she could have it with a man she loves. After a few seconds they pull apart and she starts giggling. He laughs along and hugs her.

"I love you."

 

To many, this would seem impossible. Nayoung has a boyfriend? She can love? It is hard to believe but Yixing made all that possible. Nayoung just needed someone to love her more than she loves herself.

 

 

 

Nayoung practically runs to meet her bodyfriend. He said he had something to tell her. She smiles at the many possiblities. What if he wants to go to Jeju Island?

 

She stops walking as she sees him standing at the park. She walks up to him and smiles, waiting for him to speak.

After many silent minutes he says,

 

"I'm sorry but I don't think this is going to work out."

She frowns, not exactly understanding what he means. "Are you talking about us?" she asks; her heart slowly starting to hurt.

Yixing says nothing and just looks at the floor with his hands in his pockets.

"Why? Did I do something wrong?"

He continues to be silent and shrugs his shoulders.

"Yixing!"

He looks up at her. "I'm sorry. Our relationship is done." Everything stops. What?!

 

"But..." she stops due to the lump forming in .

After a few seconds, she begins again, "I don't understand why you want to break up with me. You were so persistant. You finally got me to agree to be your girlfriend and now you're breaking up with me? Why?"

"We grew apart." he lightly kicks the ground with the tip of his shoe.

She frowns. Grew apart?

"I'm sorry. I thought you were the one for me but you're not." Her heart shatters into millions of pieces as she hears those words coming out of his mouth. He grabs her hand. She looks up, hoping he would smile and say 'just kidding!' but instead he gives her his ring. Their promise ring. "Bye." he turns around and starts walking away. She looks down at the ring with hot tears in her eyes and that's when she realizes they are done. Good things never last.

 

 

 

• • • • • • •

 

 

I feel foolish for actually believing somebody could love me. This all feels like a blur. Like it didn't happen but my heart is evidence that it did. What we had was special. I know it wasn't like any other type of love. But, why did you leave? You just left with no proper explanation. You promised to never leave me. You sounded so convincing. But your actions didn't come through with your words. You broke your promise. How could you promise something like that and then break it so easily? I know I'm a cold person but I was changing for you. Couldn't you see that?

You were the one to bring light into my dark life. You were a special and precious person to me. I long for you more and more everyday. I try to forget you but when I close my eyes, I see you, when I cover my ears, I hear you. It's only you in my heart.

Please don't leave me. I don't know if I can continue on without you. Please come back. I need you.

I reverie about us being together. About us being in utopia. But, that is only a dream. This loneliness is eating me from the inside out. I'm going crazy, without you, I can't do anything. To me, it's only you. But in the end, you walked away. Leaving me to this dark world that I despise.

I knew this was too good to be true. My mind kept telling me not to love you but I followed my heart, which led to all this pain. But, I still find myself asking...

Why can't we love again?

 

 

 

 

• • • • • • • •

 

 

END

 

 


 

 

 

Finally finished this. ^^ How was it? I hope it was good. I kind just had an idea and then I made the foreward and I had no idea how to write the story. >.<  I'm not very satisfied with this. =(

It was longer but then I cut it down. A lot. I might go in and edit it again.

Please leave comments and thank you for reading. Sorry if there are any mistakes.

 

-TaquitosNOMNOM 7/23/13