Avoiding

"How dare you..?"

- Jo Young Min! – I shriek to prevent him from removing my pants.

 

It startled him and then he stops.

 

- I’m sorry! – He looks at the floor.

 

- You…- I don’t know what to say.

 

- Sorry…

 

He runs out off my room without taking his coat.

 

Why can he go easily after all?

 

Tears drop on my cheeks. Up to now, I still can’t image what had happened before. We’ve never been like that. He always takes care of me and treats me well. But this time… He is so strange... Though I love him, I never think that we would be in this situation. How can he do this to me when he had already had a girlfriend?

 

Two days after, he doesn’t go to school. I’m worried. No matter how many times I try to call him, he doesn’t answer the phone. Why? If there is anyone who wants to avoid, it should be me, not him. He starts it so that he should be the one who deal with it. Is't that he is the one who often tells me “The man should be responsible for his action”?

 

The next day, I receive an email from him.

 

“To Minnie,

 

I wrote this letter to inform you that I had an emergency so that I have to go without saying goodbye. Sorry for not telling you earlier. You were worry about me, right?

 

About what happened that day, I’m really sorry. I didn’t do it on purpose. It was just… I failed to restraint my appetence. You know, that film is too inflammatory. I was a fool who thought that the one next to me is a girl.

 

Don’t worry! I will come back soon.”

 

A long space before his signature.

 

          - You jerk! Who need you? Who is worry about you? Go anywhere you want.

 

          How hurt! I glare at those words.  He hurts me one time and then he hurts me again. Who don’t know that it is an accident? But he had better to let me think he did because he wanted. Will he die if he acts like that?

 

          After a sad moment, I smirk. I am not different from a fool. Sad to say, he still is a straight boy and he dated with many girls. I should hide my feeling.

 

          “Tatoe aenakute mo, kimi ga boku ni wa mieru…” The ringtone interrupts my thinking.

 

          - Hello?

 

          - Are you ok?

 

          I recognize Young Min’s voice.

 

          - No…

 

          - What’s wrong? Because of me? – He seems to be surprised.

 

          - No… - I try to deny all.

 

          - So… Did you read my email?

 

          - Yes…

 

          - If so… How… How was it? – He hesitates.

 

          - Nothing… - I yell at the phone. Don’t know why.

 

          He pauses for a second and then yells back:

 

          - Such as bad kid!

 

          - …

 

          - Hey, why don’t you say anything?

 

          - …

 

          I switch off the call. Then my eyes are rather watery. He calls just for asking if I read the mail. Is it important after all? Anyways, he doesn’t understand me. That’s right! How can a straight boy care about a friend like me? Maybe he is playing with some girls now. Who knows? I was wrong when going silly over a boy. Getting rid of that fabulous idea is better for me.

 

          The next day.

 

          I am in a breathless hurry to school because of oversleeping. Luckily, our teacher hasn’t came. The class is full of students and there is only one available seat. It is mine – next to Young Min’s. Normally we sit together but today I really hate to stay there. However, I have no other choice.

 

          He smiles dazzlingly when seeing me. It is seductive but make no sense now. I give back a wintry smirk.

 

          His smile fades out.

 

          - Don’t be silly like that! - He takes hold of my right arm.

 

          - Don’t touch me!

 

          I don’t even know why I say so. Maybe when I see him, I feel painful.

 

          - Hey, what’s wrong with you guys? – The boy who sits in front of me looks back and glares at us.

 

          - None of your business. – I yell at him.

 

          - Are you ok? You act like a… - Young Min gets angry with me.

 

          - None of your business, too.

 

          I take my bag and go away. After one minute, I have a new seat which belongs to a girl - Nana. She immediately agreed to exchange her seat with me. No girl denies sitting next to the class’s visual.

 

          I keep my bad temper in a week. Although he tries to get closer to me, I try to get away. A long distance between us.

 

          The seventh day. He calls me many times but I don’t answer. He leaves a message.

 

          “Going to my house after school. If not, you will regret”