Chapter 1

My Eye Candy, Park jiyeon ❤

* The story has been updated and edited, please read the foreword again thank you, otherwise the story below might make no sense to you.


Chapter 1: The Start of a New Academic Year

 

[ 8:00a.m. Near Kirin High School of Arts ]

 

It was as usual, one of the top-notch mornings for Park Jiyeon as she had her hair combed neatly, her face cleanly scrubbed and dolled up slightly as she was on her neat, clean, aromatic school uniform as she crossed her legs and took a munch on the plate of pancakes infront of her. The classical music was blasted throughout the car as she quietly hummed to the beat of the violins. She took another mouthful bite of pancakes again, as she took out her phone and stared at the messages. 

It was from Yong Suk, her best friend since childhood. 

From Yong Suk:

Are you on your way to school?

Jiyeon smiled upon reading the text. She then replied his message:

From Jiyeon:

Ne, what about you? ~~

His reply came back to her as soon as she sent the text. 

From Yong Suk:

Yeah, I'm currently on my way to school. Cool, I guess I'll meet you at the podium then?

Jiyeon smiled and replied with a "Yes". Placing the fork and knife back onto the plate. She pushed the plate forward of the desk as she grabbed her bag and stuffed her cosmetics and books into the bag. The car stopped at the front of the school, just at the podium as she got off the car and her helper went to clear her dishes as she shut the car doors shut. 

"Jiyeon-ah." Yong Suk called out.

Jiyeon's eyes caught attention of the tall guy, with thick eyebrows as he stood there carrying his leather backpack, while he carried a thick mathematics book on his hands. Jiyeon returned him with a smile as she walked up to him. Both of them walked side-by-side along the hallway, gathering glances and questionable expressions by the students on the hallway. 

Some of the students gathered together as they walked past them, murmuring and whispering amongst themselves. Jiyeon could hear her names being softly whispered amongst each other. She figured it would probably be rumours and gossips about her and maybe Yong Suk. Yong Suk is a prized possession in this school. The school valued him a lot. Him being in the school nationals team for the Music Ensemble, the school would do anything to help him prosper in the music industry. 

Jiyeon, however was also part of the music ensemble, she plays the violin and is the part of the violin crew, which consists of 20 members. Having so many members in the violin crew means that only some of them are allowed in the various performances unlike Yong Suk, he was the only great piano player in the entire music ensemble.

In order to decide who to perform, the music ensemble will draw lots, the ones with the highest amount of votes from the school and the music ensemble themselves would get the chance to perform for the upcoming selected performance. No doubt, they have to go through interviews and audition process before the lots could even be drawed.

The auditions for the upcoming School Aniversary Ceremony Music Ensemble Performance is around the corner. Yong Suk was already automatically pulled into the performers list. "So are you... prepared for the auditions?" Yong Suk asked, raising his brows as he stared at Jiyeon curiously.

"Ah, ne.. I just probably need to practice some more to get the keys fully correct." Jiyeon said, grinning widely. 

Suddenly, someone called her out from behind. She turned her head around to see a short, long wavy haired girl running towards her, while gripping down onto her dress, she struggled her bag up onto her shoulders as she ran and smacked Jiyeon's shoulders, wrapping her arms around her, "So hows the princess doing? Hi Yong Suk~" Jieun called out.

Jiyeon smiled as she poked her waist, causing Jieun to jerk vigorously as she started giggling. 

"Hi, Jieun." Yong Suk said, forcing a smile. *Ugh, -blocker.* He thought in his mind, bitting his lips.

"Yong Suk-ah, I'll get going with Jieun. She needs to get something from the bookstore first. I'll see you in class later on?" Jiyeon said.

Yong Suk smiled and nodded his head in approval. He gathered his pace and slowly walked to the classroom. 

 

"Are you in the performers list for the aniversary performance?" Jiyeon asked curiously.

Jieun nodded her head. "Wah, I am so envious of you. You are always in the performers list. I guess it all goes to your absolute talent. Wah, I really hope I am a child prodigy like you." Jiyeon said, letting off a huge sigh.

"Aish, just work hard. Maybe the school recognizes you?" Jieun said.

"Easier said than done." Jiyeon hissed, letting off another sigh again. 

Both of them soon stopped upon seeing a crowd gathering in the middle of the square.

"Oh, its them.." Jieun commented, raising her chin looking at a band performing in the middle of the empty square that rests in the middle of the school. 

"Them?" Jiyeon replied back curiously, raising her body up while tip-toeing as she tried to catch a glimpse of the band performing. The beautiful lullaby and the sounds of the plugging strings of the guitar echoed through her ears, giving her a pleasant melody as she quietly hummed to the music.

"Ah... they are Infinite. One of the bands in school. Heard they plays indie songs in the nearby cafe. Hm, but heard they are poor. All members are poor and they are not really any good looking, well maybe the lead guitarist and maybe the lead singer. They're pretty cute and hot. Other than that, nothing much." Jieun said.

 

Myungsoo was at there, indeed, together with Infinite playing their musical instruments. They placed an empty jar infront of them, in hope to gain some proceeds or donations by the students. He was gently casually strumming the guitar as he mouthed the song, as Sunggyu, the lead singer of the band. Tooking a brief glance at the team mates, Woohyun (Drummer), Sungyeol (Keyboard), Hoya (Bassist), he then focused back to the crowd, strumming his guitar like a pro.

The song progressed well and the students gave a positive response. The girls, especially, was hyperventilating, given all the eye candies infront of them. They were screeching and screaming their names as they hopped on their spot, jumping in estacy while singing along with them. Myungsoo smiled at the girls, giving them winks, which gained them more donations from the girls. 

The song proceeded and it was soon down to Myungsoo's solo part. He would be slowly, casually yet sensually strumming the guitar, giving a pleasurable sound. However, when it all falls to Myungsoo, Myungsoo was about to start strumming, but his eyes caught attention of Jiyeon, his eye candy. He had been crushing on her, in fact for a year already. 

Being bewitched by her usual good looks, her beautiful short hair and her mesmerising hazel-coloured lenses, he could feel his heart being fluttered and his mind was overwhelmed with happiness. Seeing her was his happiness pill. He would yearn to see her much more each day, but he is in another class, and they are divided by a huge wall. A huge wall that meant no interaction between them at all.

He also had been paying much attention to her, he had followed her twitter accounts, reading her naver blog posts and much more, practically reading all that revolves around her. He paused at that moment, when silence crept upon the band, Sunggyu widened his eyes at shock as he bit his lips. Sweat of nervousness rolled down his cheeks as he signalled Sungyeol, whom was also trembling in nervousness to take over him.

Being cooperative, Sungyeol catched up and strummed several beats on his bass, covering his solo part. 

The crowd continued cheering and within seconds, they have already forgot about Myungsoo's slow response. 

"Ah, still newbies after so long." Jieun commented. 

Jiyeon stared at the guitarist in much amaze as she gave a disgusted look and walked off together with Jieun, snapping Myungsoo out of his thoughts as he gathered his feet and continue with the song.

 

 

[ 8:55a.m. In Kirin High School of Arts, Classroom A4 ]

 

"Yah, Myungsoo what are you doing just now? You were totally zoned out." Sungyeol commented, as he swung his bag across his shoulders as he took his seat infront of him.

"Ah, it was nothing. I just saw her again." Myungsoo said, his lips secretly formed a grin as he chuckled upon thinking about her face, her lips, her beautiful figure and her gorgeous face.

Sungyeol smirked and replied, "That Park Jiyeon? Yah, stop dreaming about her and do something about it. You are a man. Man should take the initiative, you know?" 

Myungsoo buried his head in the chest as he nodded his head slowly. "I'll try, but don't tell the rest of Infinite about this, arraso?" He warned him, giving him a stern glare.

Sungyeol nodded his head, sighing as they paid attention to the approaching teacher.

 

The classes ended swiftly, with not much happenings. The class was quiet throughout, some students were dozing off, while some was writing and jotting down notes attentively. Myungsoo was no exception, being one of the top students of the class, he was busy writing down notes as he listened to every detail raised by the teacher.

However, Sungyeol was the exact opposite. He paid no attention, as he slept throughout the mathematics and sciences lesson. He was not those type that would study hard, nor is he those diligent ones, but he was surely one intelligent person to start with.

The mood of the class brightened as it was finally the break time. The break in Kirin High lasts for an hour, and it was the longest break throughout the entire school day. The students began sticking out their phones, slim glossy phones, and started texting and chatting on the phone. The students dispered to their groups, as some proceeded out of the class, while some stayed behind, chatting with themselves. Myungsoo and Sungyeol went out of the class, through the back door, intending to go to the canteen to grab a bite.

Myungsoo was moving at quite a fast pace initially, but his pace stopped upon seeing two figures stepping out the classroom nextdoor, A5. It was Jiyeon, her crush, however together with Yong Suk.

Yong Suk is the role model of every class, they all admired him for his good looks, good fortune and his great talent. Myungsoo bit his lips as he could feel the cold spring wind gushing across at him, sending him chills down his spine. Trembling in nervousness, he bit his lips. Sungyeol turned his head around, nudging him to take the initiative as he mouthed those words.

Myungsoo stood there, still, motionless, Jiyeon and Yong suk inched much closer towards them. Jiyeon however did not notice his existence as she had her head down, staring on the ground as Yong suk was busy chatting to her about music, he was giving slight smiles as he had his hands in the pocket of the coat. 

"J..J.." The words crept out his mouth, but before he could continue, Jiyeon and Yong suk had already walked past them.

"Argh, see for yourself Myungsoo! You just lost your chance. You could at least talk to her for a while, even if you could not confess your feelings to her. Urgh, you're really a pabo in dating." Sungyeol commented, smacking his shoulders in spite.

Myungsoo wore a sulky face as he buried his head in his chest again as they slowly walked to the canteen.

 

"So you are intending to play this piece for the audtions. Seemed legit for me. I'm sure you can do well." Yong suk said, reading the music charts as he smiled delightfully. "You'll surely get in." Yong suk added on, patting on her shoulders softly.

Jiyeon smiled in reply as she digged her hands into the pocket of the skirt, as she slowly said, "But I'm more afraid for Naeun, she... she isn't really good at auditions. She would get nervous real easily." Jiyeon said, sighing.

"THis is so you. Caring for others, but don't worry, I'll help you to coach her if you want. I can help by giving some mock auditions for her, I'm sure with our help her stage fright could be lifted." Yong Suk assured her.

"Gomawo, Yong-suk ah." Jiyeon said, smiling.

"Oh, by the way, did Jieun told you about it? Jiyul, one of the cello-ist, her family was in a financial crisis recently and not too long ago, their family declared bankrupt? She decided to quit the ensemble." Yong Suk pointed out.

"Jinja? But she was a good player. She could really help us in the upcoming performance." Jiyeon commented, bitting her bottom lips as they went to the music room.

 

 

[ 11:00a.m. In the Music Room ]

 

Yong Suk and Jiyeon pushed the doors wide to see all the group members all crowding together. It was the break time, and they agreed to practice every break, in preparation for the auditions. Curiosity grew between both of them as they walked towards them, pushing the crowd aside, they saw one member, Minah talking to Jiyul.

"Jiyul-ah, you got a problem with me? Just say it - I'm sure all of us here are eager to know why you even quit the ensemble. Am I right guys?" Minah said, with her hands crossed. 

The other members hesitated to reply as they shot eye glares at each other. Minah glared at the crowd again, as she shot daggers to them through her death glares. The members gulped in sight as they hurriedly reply, "Ah ne..."

Jiyeon's jaws dropped upon hearing the commotion. "Argh, this Minah is really going over the edge. She's overdoing it again, and again." Jiyeon commented, giving an annoyed look on her face.

"Yah, Jiyul-ah~ I never knew when your FAMILY IS BANKRUPT, you would turn mute because of that." Minah said, chuckling. She then raised her hand, as she smacked Jiyul's cheeks repeatedly. "Yah, are you really a mute, dear?" Minah added on. 

Jiyul's eyes glared at Minah, filled with fury and anger. She clenched her fist as she gripped onto the end of the skirt as she tried to control her fury within her. 

"I guess, this Jiyul here is mute guys. Whatever, anyway why do you even come back for practice, I heard you are going to quit the ensemble. But yeah, you should, you got no money any more, your family is dead broke, how are you gonna buy your instruments, your violin strings, etc etc?" Minah said, smirking as she pushed Jiyul on the floor.

"Oops, I didn't do it. It's my other personality did it~" Minah , as she let off a huge laughter, in which the rest of the group members laughed awkwardly, following her footsteps.

"Minah, stop it already." Jiyeon shouted. The members all gasped as Minah's eyes widened in shock. 

"Jiyeon-ah, shes broke now, she shouldn't be in the music ensemble." Minah tried to reason with her.

"The music ensemble does not only allow rich people to join, Minah. Yes, people here may be rich, but its all because of the stereotypical comments people made which made no poor folk to come here and join the club. So, our club does not necessary only have rich people, Minah." Jiyeon explained.

Minah tried to resist Jiyeon,  but her friend Yura pulled her away instead. "Gwenchana?" Jiyeon said coldly to Jiyul. Jiyul nodded her head as she stomped out of the music room in a fury.

 

After the music practice, all the members dispered back to their class, since lessons were bound to start soon. Jiyeon was busy cleaning her violin as she cautiously store it back to the case. She was zipping her violin case as she heard stomping sounds that seemed to approach her. Jiyeon raised her head up to be greeted by Minah's face.

Minah wore a disbelief look as she let off a huge puff. "Yah, Jiyeon, what's wrong? Don't you think this music ensemble is only for the rich too? You yourself is rich, Yong Suk-sshi is also rich. Me and Yura are rich, that girl Yenny is also rich, that celloist Daehyun is also a millionaire." Minah raised her voice.

"Yah Minah! Don't yell at her." Yong Suk said calmly.

"Argh, Yong-Suk-SSHI! You are also siding her?! Am I really that wrong? Yah, Jiyeon, tell me whats the problem than." Minah screamed again.

"Stop it already Minahhhh.." Yura whined from behind as she slung her violin case across her shoulders.

"Minah, I'm not trying to be rude to you or what, but you seriously need to think about the music ensemble more than thinking of the entire image and the members." Jiyeon said. "It's not for the rich, yes everyone here is rich, but seriously? Its because everyone's rich here that made all the less-income guys afraid to join the music ensemble. So technically your theory is bull." Jiyeon added on.

Minah raised her brows as she wore a furious look. Before she could refute Jiyeon, Jiyeon interrupted, continuing his explanation, "And... the Music Ensemble only have 1 celloist left, which is Daehyun. Jiyul is a celloist too. We need two celloists for all songs don't we? And even if we don't, we need backup right? Don't tell me you can play the cello? Tell me who can play the cello then? Only Jiyul and Daehyun." 

"We can always recruit!" Minah refuted her.

"Easier said than done. But it takes a whole load of time, do you think we can make it by the aniversary performance? By the way we got auditions to participate for that performance, do you think we got time to do all these or the teachers got time to do all these?" Jiyeon fired back at her, leaving Minah speechless.

"So we cant just kick her out like that. It's also morally wrong anyway." Jiyeon said, placing her violin case at her shoulders as she walked off with Yong Suk.

 

"You did well just now. Practicing and also telling Minah off." Yong Suk said coldly.

"Of course, she's such a muddlehead sometimes." Jiyeon cursed under her breath.

 

Back in Myungsoo's class A4, the class had already started a while ago. It was the Language lesson, and the teacher was blabbling several korean phrases and stories to the class, drowning her voice in every student's ears, as it made Myungsoo's eyes left wandering about the class aimlessly. He then froze upon seeing Jiyeon walking back to class with Yong Suk. 

Third time seeing her, made his heart flutter once again as he could feel the ticklish sensation in his stomach. He smiled sheepishly at her sight, while sitting at his seat motionlessly, not noticing the incoming pen that hit his face. Myungsoo groaned in pain as the teacher shot death glances at him. Myungsoo widened his eyes as he bit his lips and bury his head in his chest in guilt.

"I know those music ensemble girls are pretty, but stop staring at them and listen to my lesson!" The teacher exclaimed, leaving Myungsoo nodding his head obediently.

 


 

Finally updated. :))))

Anyway, I changed the story plot quite a bit. 'Cos I figured high school to be much more interesting imo? Whatever, been watching Monstar a lot though hahahahaha. 

Share your thoughts please! :) and please continue SUBSCRIBING (if your havent) and COMMENTING MY STORY!

- Authornim