Shards

Waterloo Rewind

“When bad things happen, I know you want to believe they are a joke, but sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light” –BMO

Present, No one's point of view.

Inspired by How to Save a Life by The Fray

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I want my son back." Myungsoo said in a monotoned voice. He had visited the Choi household in Mokpo.

It was revealed that Choi Seungho, your son, was soon to be the heir of the Chan Company, since your death, it became a scandal to the prominent clan, worse that you, the fourteen-year-old girl had a son. Your older brother also left the household after your death and lived in Tokyo with his girlfriend, he needed to get away from his monstrous family that inderectly caused your death and the near death of your son. Junhong took full responsibility of the now four-year-old and your son lives with his family in Mokpo.

But now the Chan family seeks the last possible blood-heir, your son and Myungsoo is interested in the family's riches.

"No. why would you even insist that he is your son?!" Junhong shouted angrily at Myungsoo, true, he was the father of Seungho, but he certainly didn't act like one.

"He is my son! I'd gladly take a paternity test to prove it." Myungsoo said confidently.

"Why would you even bother huh? You didn't give to s about Seungho three years ago! You pushed Yanna and Seungho away! Who does that?!" Junhong spat. He was definitely angry. He took Seungho as his own and loved him dearly. The child was sent to his room, with Junhong's parents and brother. They didn't need to hear the hurtful words that came flying around,

"Because I was wrong okay? I need Seungho. He will make life complete. He's my son."

"Stop saying that he is your son! He's ours! Mine and Yanna's Seungho!"

"No, he's mine and Yanna's, he's the outcome of our love."

"No! You didn't love her! How can I be so certain that you love Seungho if you don't even love his mother?"

"Yeah, says the seventeen-year old who just found my girlfriend for two years in a car accident."

"Yeah, says the twenty-one year old who pushed away a mother and her child causing their car accident."

"Don't you bring Yanna's death up."

"You brought it up first! Why do you even want Seungho?"

"I want him back. He's my son."

"You liar!"

"No just give me my son back! Give him to me!" Myungsoo barged through the living room and kept banging on the door of Seungho's room.

"Seungho! I know you'e in there! Come here! I'm your real dad! We're going home!"

"No!" Mrs. Choi shouted.

"Don't make me break down this door Seungho!" Myungsoo growled.

"Grandma, grandpa, uncle, I'm going out. Please. I want to see my dad."

"Seungho, that man isn't your dad, Junhong is." Mr. Choi said while Seungho's hair.

"I know. I want to see daddy."

"Okay. Be careful kiddo." Junhyung, Junhong's older brother, advised.

"I will uncle. Stop crying mama." Seungho pecked his grandmother's cheek and went out of the room.

"Son." Myungsoo softly muttered and hugged him. What a show, Junghong thought.

"Wait a second." Seungho broke from Myungsoo's hug and clung onto Junhong's leg.

"Daddy, you can give me to him, it's alright. As long as he won't bother you anymore. He made mama cry. If I go with him, he won't scare mama anymore." Junhong knelt to level to the boy's height. They spoke softly in order for Myungsoo to be unable to hear them.

"No, I can't give you to him baby, he's a bad man. He pushed you and mum away when you were just a baby."

"I know, mum told me."

"Okay. Did mum allow you to?"

"No."

"Then why would you go?"

"it's the right thing. He's my real dad."

"If that's the case, then it's not right."

"He may be my real dad, but your the best dad ever. I love you." Seungho hugged Junhong tightly.

"If you love me, why would you leave me?"

"If mum loved me, why did she leave me?" Junghong was stunned. This kid is smart. You must've been an intelligent girl yourself. Your son got it from you.

"She had no other choice baby."

"Well, me too."

"Be careful baby. If this is what you want."

"Yes daddy. Don't cry. I'll still visit. I'll watch every live show you have. I will go to every single concert. It will be like you're always with me."

"Yeah but it feels like you're not with me."

"Daddy, you'll still see me. I'll be here for you every step of the way."

"I'm the one who's supposed to say that, not you."

"I know. But you need the encouragement." Seungho smiled.

"Okay, you can go. Let's pack your bags. And besides, Myungsoo is really rich and you're going to be rich too." 

"I don't care about money. They only make things complicated."

"Of course." They walked to Junhong's bedroom, which was used by Seungho.

"I know dad."

"What?"

"He's using me."

"Then why did you say yes?"

"Because mum loved him."

"What?" Junhong was confused.

"Why are you an idol?" Seungho asked out of the blue.

"To give a good life for mom, dad, hyung and you."

"But you didn't have to give me a good life, we're not related."

"But you're my son."

"You treat me like one."

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I love you."

"But you loved mum first." Junhong fell silent. "That's why I'm doing this. And to fix mum's family."

"You have a point there. But I think she'll hate me after this."

"No she won't."

"Why? I let you go with the man who abandoned both you and her. She has all the right to be mad."

"But she won't."

"Why?"

"She loves you."

"No, that's not true."

"She loved me and you took care of me so she loves you now."

"Can't argue with that logic."

"Hehe, daddy, can you call mama, gramps and uncle?"

"Sure."

Junhong calle dover his family.

"That was really hasty baby. Why would you leave us?" Mrs. Choi had tears in her eyes as she hugged her grandson.

"Sorry mama, but I need to do this."

"Okay, be careful."

"Come here Seungho." Mr. Choi gestured.

"Yes gramps?"

"They may bring you down, but you'll get back up."

"Yes sir!" Seungho made a saluting gesture.

"Kiddo!"

"Uncle!!" Seungho ran into Junhyung's arms.

"Contrary to dad's belief, I advise you to stay low and humble. When someone forces you down, it won't hurt 'cause you're already on the ground."

"Sure." The little kid hi-fived Junhyung.

"Daddy." Seungho went to Junhong.

"I'll miss you son."

"I'll miss you too." They hugged each other tightly, fighting back the tears.

"You're a big kid now!" Junhong smiled. "Don't be a weakling out there."

"I won't. I'm strong like you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Five years had passed. Seungho is a nine-year-old genius that lives under the custody of Myungsoo, the visual of Infinite.

The Chan family lives as the richest family in Asia, and has announced Seungho to be the future heir.

Zelo, also known as Junhong, is now the youngest idol to be a multi-millionaire due to his hard work and perseverance.

But he remains scarred from the shards of his past memories from Seungho.