Always Count On You

My Gangster Girlfriend

"....... Roman society was hierarchical. The evolution of the Constitution of the Roman Republic was heavily influenced by the struggle between the patricians, Rome's land-holding aristocracy, who traced their ancestry back to the early history of the Roman kingdom, and the plebeians, the far more numerous citizen-commoners. Over time-"

 

A loud snores, resemble to a sleeping hippopotamus echooed throughout the classroom causing it to cut off the teacher explanation. Mrs. Yoon sighes, eyes searching as to where the source of the sound came from while her hand was planted longed on the hip. Once she has finally found it, she started to clear , calling out, "Byun Baekhyun."

 

Even if it was loud enough to be heard since the classroom has already gone quiet but the said boy seems to not care at all. Baekhyun was sleeping with his elbow propping on the table while his hand was on his cheek as a support for the weigh of his head, nodding sleepily everytime his snores tone gone high or low.

 

Mrs. Yoon gritted her teeth hard, rage started to burn in her eyes to see such a behavior from Baekhyun. She move her head to look at Baekhyun's seatmate which make him shiver, feeling her glare drill his soul.

 

"Mr. Park," She prompted, hand raise to massage her temple to get rid off the poor headache. "Before my blood started to increase, please wake Mr. Byun for me." Mrs. Yoon request and look at Chanyeol with a narrowed eyes.

 

"Right away, Mrs. Yoon." Chanyeol saluted with a fast nod and carefully pried Baekhyun hand from his cheek. "Baek, wake up." Chanyeol urged but Baekhyun was still sleeping, unaware with his situation.

 

"Baek." Chanyeol tried, shaking his friend by his shoulder.

 

"Zzzzzzz~"

 

"Come on Baek, wake up."

 

"Zzzzzzzz~~"

 

Baek~ Please~"

 

"Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz~~~~~~~~~~~"

 

"Baek-"

 

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!" Mrs Yoon screech, already unpatient. Baekhyun who heard this jump in his seat causing him to loose his balance and accidnetly bang his forehead on the desk. "Owwie!" Baekhyun yelped, rubbing his forehead as he finally look at the teacher with a wide eyes, as if he was surprise by the outburst.

 

A few moment of silent later, Baekhyun open his mouth and started to said one word and one question, a "What?". Mrs. Yoon's right eyes started to twitch in irritation, a vein of her forehead popped at the center as she growled. 

 

"Stand outside right now Mr. Byun!"

----------------------------------------------------

"This is seriously your fault!" Chanyeol accused, whacking his friend with a book so hard that he stumble slightly. "You can't blame me..." Baekhyun mumble, pouting as he rubbed the back of his head gently. "I didn't have enough sleep!" He added which make Chanyeol snorted. "That because you're so into the website that was tittle as 'How to be cool" that you forgot to check what time was it." Chanyeol pointed out which make his friend huffed and look away, sulking like a child he was.

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at Baekhyun behavior and halted his movement once they have finally arrive. Chanyeol knocked the door beforen he opened it, revealing their other remain friends, quiete been known as the gang of kingka in school; EXO.

 

"Hyung!" Sehun, the maknae of the group squeal cutely as he wave his arm around. "Did you bring my bubble tea?" He asked with an eyes that sparkle with hopes. 

 

Baekhyun smiles, kicking the door of the school rooftop behind him close as he walked toward the maknae with a cold bubble tea in his hand. "Here you go kiddo' " Sehun squeal happily again as he gladly take it from his hyung grasp, taking a sip after saying a thanks to his hyung.

 

Chanyeol stretch his arm upward, smiling as he took a breathes of fresh air and let out a small sighes. He put his arm down and let his hand planted on each of his hips, smiling at the view. "Beautiful isn't it?" D.O comment with a wide smiles, taking a bite of his food that he had cooked in the morning while looking at the same direction as Chanyeol.

 

"Yeah," Chanyeol chuckled softly and look over his shoulder to look at their leader, Suho. "Where's Kai, Hyung?" He asked and sit beside the youngest member in EXO who was happily drinking his favorite beverages while humming a random song.

 

Suho who heard this look up from his iPad and just shrugged, not really sure where's that bossy younger is. 

 

"He might be practicing for the dance competition again." D.O suggested while tapping the napkin against his lips once he had finished his lunch. "Ahh really?" Baekhyun pouted after hearing what D.O had just said, muttering under his breath, "I was about to ask him about his best friend..."

 

"Ah!" Sehun gasped once he finishes his drinking, exclaiming loudly, "Hyung like ________!!"

 

"Yah! Don't speak too loud maknae!" Baekhyun stammered nervously, blushing so hard as he cupped the younger's mouth causing the maknae to struggle. "I can't breath! I can't breath!" Sehun whaile, flailing his hand about.

 

The door slowly open with a small grunt revealing a tired Kai who had already changed his clothes from his uniform to his simple simple shirt and baggy pants. He raise an eyebrow at the scene before him and closed the door behind. "Am I suppose to know what's going on here?" Kai asked with a low chuckled as he put his bag on the floor and walked toward them. 

 

Baekhyun stop bullying the maknae and grinned when he see Kai. "Hey, Kai!" Baekhyun grinned happily and walked toward his young friend. "Yo." Kai smirked and give a friendly fist bump to Baekhyun, not forgetting his other member.

 

"Here." D.O offered Kai and sandwich he had specially made for him, knowing well that Kai must've been hungry with the constant hour of practicing. "Thanks cheff." Kai smiles and snatch his lunch, stomach grumble at the thought of the food that had packed by Do Kyungsoo.

 

Kai then walked to the second elder while eating his sandwich, started to ask, "So, already think carefully about the last night we're talking about?" The young dancer question make Baekhyun eyes wide slightly, gripping his arm as he dragged him at the corner, wanted to talk to him in private.

 

Once they are finally alone, Baekhyun shoulder slumped slightly and started to scratch the back of his ear. "I'm not sure about that..." He mutter and look Kai with a frowned. "Are you sure that she likes me?" Baekhyun asked, wanted to make sure first before he could plan his moves. Baekhyun and Kai may have a difference in age but they are practically close behind the door. No one but their gang EXO really know about their relationship. They have been sharing everything through years from problem to fact.

 

Kai, who you trust him to keep your secret about liking him had already share every interest about yourself to Baekhyun, your crush. Once Kai had talk about how you had started to take interest in him, Baekhyun feel intrigued and wanted to know you more because the truth is, he had a crush on you. He's not really sure when but what he know that you're the one and only girl who could catch his heart so easily.

 

Once he have finally confirmed his feeling, he decided to take an advice from Kai about the idea of confessing his love to you. But sadly, Baekhyun wasn't really sure how because he's not a romantic gentleman and he never have any experience about relationship. Been a good best friend to you and Baekhyun, also as a cupid Kai make a finaly decision to help you two to get in relationship as much as he can.

 

"Why are you so working up on it?" Kai asked with a snorted as he continued, "I'm not gonna lie if I say she really did have a feeling for you. Come on hyung, you and her each other are pratically head over heel to each other." He pointed out, patting his shoulder and smiles at him. "Have a courage man. What we planned I guarantee it's going to work." Kai assured which make Baekhyun face lit up slightly.

 

"You're right," Baekhyun nodded with a toothy grins, adding, "Thanks Kai, I knew I could count on you." Kai chuckled at his word and punch his arm lightly. "You can always count on me, br-"

 

SMACK!

 

Kai jumped slightly when he heard a sudden sound, looking at Baekhyun with a blinked as he open his mouth to ask but stop when he saw a brown rugby ball beside him. He gasped and started to panic when he saw the elder suddenly fell forward, completely fainted from having a hard impact on the back of his head. 

 

"Hyung is sure unlucky." Sehun murmured once he was beside Kai, looking at Baekhyun pity gaze of tease, having no intention to help his hyung up even if the other hyungs had already urged him.

 

*He deserves it anyway for choking me...* The maknae thought darkly with a secret grins as he continue to look at his remain hyung who was helping him up on his feet. *Thank you, God.*