A Partnership Gone...What's The Word Exactly???

Cadet Bommie

Like usual, the horn gone off in the base signaling the start of a new day. Sunlight streamed through the windows and flooded into her eyes making her blinked several times before she could wake up.

Here comes another day, she thought.

She came to get used to the routine, but she still dreaded the thought of undergoing rigorous training in the morning. She didn't know how she could even survived through last week; she thought she was going to give up in only 1 day.

Guess life is full of suprises. She was actually a lot stronger than she actually thought.

She yawned as she put on her uniform, and took one last longing look at her bed before she ran outside to the field where her hell awaited.

------------------------------------

She tapped her feet lightly as she tried her best to focus on what the leader of the group is saying. Occasionally she yawned, and then she would see Jiyong looking at her smirking annoyingly. Then she would stuck out her tongue at him and made weird faces.

"Is it that bad to see my face in the morning?" A deep voice asked out of nowhere, and she startled turning to her side.

"No, no sir. I was just....stretching my face." She said with her head down. Oh great one Bom, she thought sarcastically.

Choi Seunghyun chuckled.

"Well good, because we are doing something new today." With that he walked away leaving her flustered.

"Men! Stand at attention!" The leader said loudly, and the group assembled into orderly lines.

"Everyone! Today we will be doing something new! As you know, success and efficiency in the military require a lot of things. Not only you need to have commitment, responsibility, strength, courage, honor,...you also need teamwork. Teamwork is an important part in military training, and today will be the first of many teamwork trainings that you will undergo later."

As he went on, Bom found herself staring at his face and getting slowly mesmerized. There was just something about the way the contours of his face moved when he talked, the way his lips lifted in one corner, the way he stood straight proudly when he walked, the way his voice sounded so confident and authoriative,....

His lips, she let her imagination ran wild. What does it feel like?

"Park are you with us?" He asked, amused as he stood there waiting for her to snap out of her daydreaming.

"Yes sir." She replied, her face beet red from the embarrassment. She could practically heard Jiyong's sneer.

Snap out of it Bom, she told herself.

"All right, now everyone pair up!" Seunghyun said loudly, and soon everyone was bustling around finding their partner for the training. She stood there like a lost puppy, not knowing anyone to choose. She thought of Jiyong, but turned to discover that he was already with someone else.

She groaned as more and more people got their partners and stood there chatting with the person like they knew each other for years.

She felt like she was in a class, where no one pair up with her-the loner.

When everyone was done, she was the only one standing without a partner.

"Is there anyone who doesn't have a partner?" Seunghyun asked, looking for someone to pair up with Bom.

No one said anything nor raise their hands.

"All right I'll be Park's partner then." He said with a smirk towards her, and she could feel her insides churning.

She watched Hannah Montana when she was little, and it was one of those moments when...

The commander says what?

"Basically, you will go through the normal sort of exercises and training that you normally do. But this time I want you to do it together with your partner: encourage them, help them, and work together. Any questions?" He waited for a moment. "All right get on it. 20 laps around the base. Go!"

Footsteps grumbled on the gravel as people took off with their partners. They all seemed to be having fun, competing and laughing with their partners.

"What are you waiting for Park?" Seunghyun said before he took her hand and drag her along making her break into a run. The physical contact catched her by suprise, and she blushed a little.

"Faster! My grandma can run faster than you!" He said before dashing ahead of her.

She pouted, temporarily forgetting about keeping her secret as she furiously sprint forward trying to catch up with him.

"Oh yeah? My dog runs faster than you!" She yelled and laughed as she passed him, making him sneered.

"You'll have to do better than that...to pass me!" He passed her again, making her ignore the fact that her lungs were gasping for air as she ran like mad to catch up.

"Frogface!" He yelled ahead of her.

"Donkeyhead!" She retorted, slowly gaining pace.

"Pillow-Padded !"

What the...?

"Hey!" She yelled, her cheeks heating up.

He roared with laughter.

"You'll never catch up with me!" He called as he ran on ahead.

She frowned, then smiled as her mind concocted a plan. She stopped running and dropped on her knees, with her head down and her hand rubbing her ankle as if she injured herself.

Seunghyun stopped, and seeing Bom, he immediately ran back to her with concern.

"Park are you okay? Did you tripped? Can you walk? Here take my hand." He said with worry in his voice as he held out his hand.

She took it, and yanked him to the ground. Then she quickly sprinted forward leaving him agape on the gravel.

"I hope you're hungry, because you are gonna eat some dust!" She called tauntingly as she dashed on.

"I'll get you for that!"

-------------------------------

"You're gross."

"Nah you're gross-er."

"That's not even a word." She scoffed as she crawled forward in the mud.

"Well it is now." He said, a smile on his face and his eyes looking straight ahead.

For a moment, they didn't say anything as they continued to crawl forward slowly in the mud under the barbed wires.

"Look out!" He suddenly yelled, and wrapped his arms protectively around her as an explosion gone off nearby shooting the mud everywhere.

"Geez are they serious."

"Don't worry they are just fake; although I heard one guy got his balls blown off."

She giggled, and stopped herself just in time to realize that he still had his arms around her. He seemed to realize it too, and released her as he coughed to dissipate the awkwardness.

"Let's...go on." He said, and began crawling again.

She didn't know why, but she felt...disappointed when he released her.

She shook her head.

What are you doing Bom?

----------------------------------

"You go first."

"No you go first!"

"I'll give you the pleasure." He grinned.

"You're the commander you do it first." She said, crossing her arms as he shook his head.

"All right we'll do it together. Scaredy cat." He whispered the last part.

"Excuse me? I am not! Fine I'll do it with you!" She said indignantly before grabbing the rope with her hands.

He chuckled, and put his hands over hers sending tingles up her arm.

"Ready?" Seunghyun asked tauntingly, and she tried her best to sound brave.

"Of course."

And so, they jumped from the platform flying out over the field. She closed her eyelids tightly as she felt her body falling through free air landing on the grass with him on top of her.

They rolled down the steep hill, a tangled mass of arms and legs. When they finally stopped, he was on top of her staring into her eyes intently. She could only stared back, getting lost in those deep brown orbs as she forgot where she was, who she really was,...

"Your skin...it's soft." He said, barely above a whisper.

She snapped out of her trance, and realize they were only inched apart. She immediately scrambled out from under him and acted like nothing happened. Did he saw through her? she wondered.

"Uh....ummm....see ya tomorrow!" She said and hurriedly walked away with her heart beating fast.

Seunghyun sat there, staring at the retreating figure.

"Oh I forgot to mention this but the partnership is permanent throughout the training!" He called tauntingly, and laughed when she immediately turned around with a dismayed look on her face.

"What?" She said, emphasizing the syllable.

He just shook his head amusingly and walked off with a wave over his shoulder. He himself wondered what the heck was he doing and what was this feeling bubbling inside him. He wondered how could he felt so good and content...around a guy. He didn't know how to say it; and tried his best to ignore the erratic beating of his heart.

She stood there, watching him as he walked away. A smile just implanted itself on her face without her knowledge.

She blinked, and scolded herself. She let her guards down with him, and that could have led to bad consequences. She needed to remember who she was, and what she was here for.

She definitely needed to be more cautious around this man, who sent her insides into overdrive.

----------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

THEIR FIRST MOMENTS TOGETHER! TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

MORE THINGS COMING AHEAD! TOP HAS A....GIRLFRIEND? JIYONG LIKES CURRY? BOM IN AN AWKWARD SITUATION AT THE MALL?

THANKS TO ALL OF MY SUBS AND COMMENTERS. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING ^////////////^

STAY TUNED AND BE AWESOME!

READ, ENJOY, COMMENT, VOTE, SUBSCRIBE, ADD ME!

SEE YA!