↷ chapter 2

» Seven Deadly Sins | ⇁ characters chosen ↺ story starts [ hiatus ]
chapter two 
up in the heavens
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Jongin!" a girl called out, cheery smile on her face as she ran towards her mentor. Kai turned around, eyes merely glimpsing at the girl. There was something wrong, he was blind after all. He reached his hand out as he heard the footsteps stopping right in front of him. His hand made a soft contact with her cheek, running his thumb along the smooth surface before running it up, ruffling her hair with a  sigh.
"I told you Hyemi, call me Kai when we're outside," he mumbled. Hyemi just laughed, one of the most beautiful ones that Kai has ever heard, or so he assumes. He felt his hands being brough down, being laced with those that he's all to familiar with. Slender fingers brushed against his as she started to lead the way although she knew full well that her teacher knew his way around.
"Sorry, just slipped from my lips Kai oppa," she chirped happily, her white dress flowing down to her ankles as she walked. Her sleeves ran down her arm, covering the back of her hand and staying in place with a golden ring on each of her middle fingers. Kai didn't speak or protest, just allowing his pupil to lead him. He felt as though this would be the last few moments he had with the girl, and if it really was, then he'd do anything she wanted. Even if that meant running away and hanging out on Earth. 
Hyemi was the first to break the silence, her lips parting as the words slipped out of . Her voice came out than nothing more than a hushed whisper, "So how's our research going? Find any clues yet?"
With this, Kai could only smirk as he nodded his head. "Of course, I always have information Hyemi. Don't you ever learn?" he chuckled, unconciously pulling her closer to his side. "I heard something about this messiah, you know the rumors, don't you? Apparently, he is God's lover, meaning our God is actually a Goddess and thus, if we can find her lover, we can find her."
Hyemi pursed her lips out, and here, she was so sure that God would be a man, not a woman at all. "Are you completely sure?" she asked warily, though she knew better than to question her mentor. Kai scowled slightly, nodding before breaking contact with the girl, slipping his hand out of hers. He hated being second guessed, it was as if no one had trusted him. The only person he did trust, love with all his heart, he was manipulated to kill her with his own hands. And it was no different because during these past 500 years, he had only now begun to realize his new-found feelings for the student that was slowly growing everyday. He wouldn't be able to bare it if the same mistakes were to continue, what would happen to him then?
Nothing, devistation upon depression, that's what.
The said girl frowned, staring at the back of her teacher before rushing up to him, jumping on his back. An "oof" left his lips as he stumbled forward, hands immediately clasping under her thighs as he had no intentions of letting her fall. His cheeks puffed out, carrying her on his back as he made his way towards their place.
"Aigoo, what to do with you," he mumbled under his breath, elicting another laugh from the girl as she nuzzled into his neck.
"Do nothing, just keep me by your side is all I ask for."
 
 
 
"Well, well, well. Look at what we have here," Taejun murmured under his breath, staring at the trembling girl from below on his throne, well, Chihoon's anyways. His eyes narrowed, from his informats, this girl was a traitor, sent out to kill him. Well, Chihoon once again but that wasn't the point. He couldn't have someone hurting his precious cover, no, he just couldn't, no matter what. With a snap of his fingers, his guards grabbed her arms, dragging her out of the main room. She screamed in protest, begging for mercy and freedom while lies spewed from her lips, laced with fake promises and broken words.
He grew annoyed soon enough, perhaps since the maid was a traitor, he could do the highest punishment on her. He smirked, this was his heaven now, no longer Hyungseok. Nope, he had that God running away though he knew he was with Jihyi. Damn. Jihyi was the girl that slipped away, someone who refused him while others longed to be by his side. She was different, only thinking about Jongup and that's when Taejun forced the punishmet upon the both of them. Although Jihyi didn't know, Hyungseok had probably ran away with her too. If he could find them both, then it would be killing two stones in one. Wouldn't that be interesting?
Hyungseok didn't deserve the title of God anyways, he eloped with Satan plenty of times. Probably why Soohyuk hates him now but he doesn't care. Footsteps could be heard, ringing through the hallways and catching Taejun's attention. A sleepy teenage boy walked in, rubbing his eyes as he wore a loose tank with sweatpants, dragging his feet towards the man.
"Junnie, what's going on?" he yawned quietly, finally reaching Taejun before plopped down on his lap, the man was on his seat anyways. Taejun sighed, if the younger in his arms right now found out what was going on, the deal would be broken. He s his arms around the younger's wait, rubbing soothing circles on his waist as he watched how the brunette snuggled into his chest, almost on the brink of slumber. How cute, he thought as he chuckled.
"Don't worry Chihoon, it's nothing," he mumbled, resting his head on the boy's before waiting for him to fall asleep. Once he did, he lifted the other up, carrying all the way back to his bedroom. He laid the boy down on the comfy bed, about to leave until he felt fingers holding onto his wrist which quickly turned into arms hugging his. He huffed, plopping down on the bed as he waited for the younger to let go.
He didn't.
And he ended up sleeping with the male who was his face, his front. Though he didn't mind. In this corrupted world, only Chihoon understood him. Chihoon was too naive, kind, and shouldn't be even hanging out with the likes of him but Taejun couldn't help it. The boy was overly attached to him, always bugging him and sticking around his sides. Yet when he wasn't, Taejun felt like something was wrong, like everything was out of place.
If he couldn't trust Chihoon, who could he actually trust?
 
 
Jihyi hung her arms off the railing of her balcony. She could leave if she wanted to, she could explore Eden without any harm but nothing motivated her too. She just didn't have any reason or will to do so. Much rather laze around and rot in the calm room instead of the savage forest that laid just right there. Music sheets sprawled on the marble floor, piano left forgotten as the plants in the vase never wilted. Bedsheets were messy, no effort to make it back to what it was. Walls were still clean, a beatiful baby blue color which contrasted with her white furniture. Heck, everything in this room was white or baby blue. There was nothing different. And this was how Jihyi's life was everyday.
Suddenly, a voice entered her mind, causing her to lift her head slightly. It made her head throb, as if someone had shook her too hard and left her there, dizzy and stranded.
"Hey there Jihyi, this is God."
Jihyi didn't speak, only lifting her head up and looking towards were she thought the voice was coming from. This was enough indication that she was listening and somewhere far off in the dark, Hyungseok smiled. Someone still acknowledged him. 
"I have a deal to set with you," he spoke gently, knowing how exactly fragile yet head-strong the girl could be. This angel, his perfect creation, his "daughter," was like a bomb, ticking and ready to burst when you least expect it. He waited for an answer, holding his breath in as he waited for a reply.
After one full minute, Jihyi could count, she finally spoke, holding a conversation with someone instead of calling out for her lover. "Speak, I am interested."
Hyungseok let out a relieved sigh. This would work, if he knew her, which he did, she would be the only way to solve this. She could free him from this place, even he didn't know where it was.
"Here's the thing Jihyi darling. I traveled with you here without you knowing and also slipped into Eden. However, what I did not expect was for the violent behavior of this place. For some reason, it is not fond of intruders, am I correct?"
The girl let out a small sigh, she had built it like that, except Jongup. He was her only exception.
God chuckled, well of course Jongup would be brought up in a moment like this. "I've been trapped in a prison within your prison. Apparently, it is invisible and I cannot locate myself. Can you?" he asked, hope lacing his voice.
Jihyi shook her head quickly, a bit confused. She didn't construst a prision, she was highly sure of that but Eden was living, it could have done whatever it thought was safe for her.
Hyungseok nodded, finally reaching the main point of his deal. This was it, his gamble. If he failed, he would be locked in here forever and if he passed, he would be free, able to stop Taejun.
"I can save you from Taejun. And I can save Jongup as well. His birthday is nearing, isn't that why you stopped time?" Jihyi froze at the words, how did this guy know and she hasn't even talked to him yet. She bit her lip before they pursed out, answering cautiously. "Yes, it is."
"Let's cut to the chase then. As I said before, I am stuck and my powers are trapped while I'm in this tower, for some reasons I do not know why. If you find me and free me, you are the key afterall, I can save everything from happening. If you can't, then we'll be stuck here for eternity. What do you say?"
Jihyi only replied with a sigh, and before she could say anything, the connection was lost, just like that. Hyungseok cursed under his breath, actually using heavenly profanities like gosh damnit. That was the only slip he found in this prision, and that was probably his last chance to ever contact the angel stuck here alongside with him. He leaned back against the stoned wall, eyes closing as he needed to regain his energy again.
Jihyi finally stood up from her spot, stretching her limbs gracefully. She wore a backless dress, the ends stopping at her inner thighs to prevent anything from clinging to her. She wore shorts underneath, comfortable ones like baskeball shorts. Her arms stretched out, fluttering her eyes close as a gust of wind suddenly surrounded her, causing her hair to flutter smoothly behind her. Her wings started to surface, breaking from behind her skin and replacing the six spots with white, feathery skin. Her wings stretched out behind her, still a bit weary as she had not used them for quite a long amount of years. She gave it a few minutes, pacing around the balcony as she took her knives, hiding them in compartments of her outfit. It was all made of silk, the fabric feeling cool on her skin. With one final breath in her safe haven, her mansion, her wings flapped, carrying her up from the familiar smooth marble flooring to the grassy land underneath her. Once landing, her head lifted up, taking in her first wiff of fresh air.
Now, the hunt has begun.
 
Daehyun was in the cafeteria, pissed at the earlier events still. Who did that girl think she was? In fact, who was she? That mark just made him angry beyond belief, that was on the flag that killed him in the past right? Why would someone from that era be here? Maybe he was thinking too much into it, maybe she was just in the family line. Still, her family had killed him and many other people, that fact didn't change. He ate grumpily, stuck in his thoughts until someone came up and broke it.
"Wah, the first time Daehyun looks mad eating food, did something happen?" the boy asked teasingly, sitting next to his friend.
Daehyun scoffed, rolling his eyes as he played around with his food. "Shut up Jongup, someone as incompetent as you wouldn't understand."
Jongup gasped dramatically, placing his hands over his heart as if he was hurt though he was quite already used to it. "Yah hyung, don't just insult me so easily," he whined, pouting as he tugged on the male's sleeve.
Daehyun scrunched his nose, pretending to be disgusted by the boy before him before turning back to his food, wolfing down the rest of his remains. It stayed silent for some reason, usually Daehyun or Jongup had something to talk about and it was always filled with chatters, but today was different. He glanced at Jongup, who seemed dazed out. His eyebrows furrowed before he leaned in, waving his hand in front of the daydreaming boy. Jongup's attention quickly was caught again, his head snapping around to look at Daehyun.
"What's wrong Jongup?" Daehyun murmured quietly, resting his head on his elbow which was propped up on the table. He knew the younger didn't like burdening people with his problems, which annoyed the older slightly. Daehyun had the urge to know everything, and anything. Jongup fiddle with his long blue sleeves, his lips forming random shapes as if trying to say something, but nothing came out. Yes, something was definitely wrong. Jongup sighed before admitting his problem, though he knew he would sound foolish. "She was calling me again."
Daehyun's eyes widened slightly, his posture straightening. Now this was interesting.
Noticing that he had caught his hyung's attention, he continued to speak in a low voice. "She kept saying, I'm coming for you. I'm going to save you before your 18th birthday. Something along that lines and it's been repeating every once in a while and I can't figure it out," he huffed, obviously a bit ticked off. 
Daehyun's eyes narrowed now, hasn't he heard this somewhere? The gear in his mind worked, slowly churning until it all clicked. The story Wrath had told about Satan, the rumors, the prophecy, everything fit together.
Daehyun allowed the smirk to grace his lips, wrapping an arm around Jongup's shoulder and pulling him in. "That's because you're special Jongup. Don't worry too much and stay by my side, alright? People will try to use you, lure you, but you must never stray and always stay by hyung's side. I'll keep you safe," he promised, showing Jongup a small smile. At that gesture, a wide smile was returned to him along with a nod. Daehyun knew there was something beneficial with befriending this pesky kid.
He just found the messiah, didn't he?

Sehun was a bit nervous, a shakey shake escaping his lips before he shook his head, fighting the nerves off. Chihoon had given him permission to land on Earth and observe the virtues as they worked. On his way, he walked past a small garden in the school. His attention was caught at the vibrant colors of the flowers, deciding that it wouldn't hurt to just wander in it for a while. He had a whole bunch of time, right? He bent down, letting his fingers graze against the smooth petals as a small smile formed on his face. As soon as it appeared, it ended once he looked up, spotting a figure he didn't see there before. Puzzlement crossed his face, wasn't it time for class? Was this person ditching? About to speak up, the girl turned around instead, feeling a presence. His breath hitched, the girl was absolutely flawless, smooth skin with a mature look. Yet she looked so adorable. The only thing breaking that image was the tears streaming down her face. Her eyes widened, noticing the male there. She hastily wiped her tears away with her arm, her off-the-shoulder top dropping down even more and covering her shorts. 
"Who are you?" he carefully asked, wanting to know a bit more about the mysterious girl. He had too, he just needed it. Janice eyes narrowed, still a bit puffy and red as it was in the spur of the moment when she let out her emotions.
"It's nothing of your concern," he spat, lifting her head up high before turning away, storming off. Sehun blinked, his face still straight after his encounter. He, however, wouldn't give up, trailing behind the woman until she turned around again, this time shooting him a full blown glare. His facade didn't falter, which startled her at first before she regained herself, snapping at the poor boy again.
"What do you want?"
"To know your name," he calmly replied, bravely taking another step closer to her.
Her eyes slowly trailed down the boy's figure, taking in every detail as so she would remember this creep. He was following her, wasn't that creepy enough? She crossed her arm, huffing quietly before murmuring, "Janice." If that got rid of him, then she'd gladly tell him her name.
However, he didn't relent, continuing to take small steps closer to her. "Pleasure to meet you Janice. I'm Sehun, let's be friends, alright?"
She scoffed, biting her lip as she felt sweat starting to form on the back of her neck. This guy gave off an eerie feeling. "Hell no," she replied before stalking off once again, this time Sehun ddin't follow.
"Janice, huh? Let's play."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________
 
 author's note » Seck here again o/ if you guys haven't noticed, I added my second account, jiminz, so if you see any comment replies from that account, it's me okay? ♥ So short this one, sorry, this is about the small plots in the story so yeah ;; hope you guys enjoyed it anyways. Chao! Finished 12:05 A.M.