↷ chapter 1

» Seven Deadly Sins | ⇁ characters chosen ↺ story starts [ hiatus ]
chapter one 
fateful encounters
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yes! We won!" Yoojin screamed on the top of her lungs, throwing her hands up in the air. This was probably the only happiness she had felt in about 120 years. Her shorts hung around her knees, completely black while her shirt drooped down to her waist, blood red with glossy black numbers shining on it. Sweat coated her body, and she used her forearm to wipe off the ones that started to collect on her forehead. Her team had gone off to their friends and lovers, cheering in happiness although one thing hung in their minds. They cheated. They didn't play fair. Oh well, they won at least, right?
Yoojin picked up her black towel, wiping off her face and neck before throwing it over her shoulder, letting the dark cloth loom there. She was just about to leave until she felt a small tap on her shoulder, causing her to turn around, ponytail swaying behind her as she did so. There, she met a baby-faced boy, a small smile on his lips as he kept her glance. She scoffed, this kid was already starting to annoy her. How disgusting.
"What?" she hissed, her eyes narrowing at the boy who even dared to touch her.
"Um, I'm Luhan, captain of the soccer team that you just won against. Nice to meet you Yoojin?" He spoke, his voice soft as he held out his hand. Yoojin stared at it if it was some kind of disease before crossing her arms, placing her weight on one leg.
"Again, I ask, what do you want?"
Luhan sighed quietly before staring at her with eyes, those that wouldn't relent no matter what. "I just wanted to say that what you did back there wasn't fair. You purposely tripped and pushed our players and claimed it was an accident."
Yoojin rolled her eyes, not this again. She hated talks like this, because one, it bored her, and two, she received this every ing time. "So, what are you going to do about it?" she teasingly asked, daring the boy to answer.
And to her surprise, he did.
"I ask you to stop please. If not, I'll make you stop, I'll make you realize that it's wrong." he huffed, persistant in helping the girl to the right path. Yoojin's eyes were barely noticable by now, glaring at the boy in front of her like he was the most vile thing in the world. She hated this boy, more than pride, she decided.
"Pft, as if you could," she snickered, flashing the male a coy smirk before turning back around again, purposely making her ponytail whip around to whack the boy's face. She walked away proudly, wanting to just shower, change, and jump into bed. Then again, she felt a hand grabbing her wrist, her eye twitching in annoyance.
"Please wa-" Luhan's sentence was cut short as an impact hit him, twice. He watched as the woman walked off again, ponytail swaying as if mocking him every second.
That day, Luhan earned a smack in the face and a punch in the arm. Yet, he was still determined. He'd crack this girl if it was the last thing he did.
 
 
" you Chanyeol, I'll be winning this," Kris yelled to his opponent. They were at the park, playing basketball to be specific. Kris was wearing his black basketball shorts, and a sleeveless white shirt, sweat giving his skin a slight shine. Huffs escaped his chapped lips, as he ran up to the basket, doing a lay up. He cheered queitly, to himself as he scored another goal. Chanyeol pouted, catching the rebound as his gray shorts fluttered a bit in the wind. His blue shirt hugged his chest, sweat drenching the shoulders and the neck line.
"Hyung," Chanyeol whined, glancing at Kris, "let me win for once, please?"
Kris glanced up at his best friend before scoffing, fixing his bangs until they were perfect. It didn't matter, he was perfect anyways. "Nope. Why would I? I have my pride to keep you idiot."
Chanyeol shot a playful glare at his hyung before starting to dribble the ball again. Kris, shocked by this action, swiftly chased after the younger. Once he caught up, he smacked the ball in a random direction. That way, Chanyeol wouldn't score.
A child's cry could be heard, and both of the men's heads turned to see the sight. A girl, around his age perhaps, had fainted next to the little children, who was crowding around her. The ball could be seen a few feet away from her, and Chanyeol let out a high pitched screech, waving his arms madly around.
"Hyung! You hit her! Go do something about it!" Chanyeol smacked the back of the idiot's head, causing him to wince a bit at the impact. "Alright, alright," he mumbled under his breath, making his way to the petite girl. She was wearing a white short, frilly dress, one that ended at her mid-thighs. The rest of her legs were covered by knee socks, the top three inches being laced. He pushed the children gently before gathering the girl into his arms, hooking his arms behind her back and knees. He lifted her up easily, yelling to his buddy that he would be taking her to the school nurse nearby. He rushed there of course, not wanting to miss anytime playing. Once he arrived, his breath picked up, soft pants escaping his lips before he slowed down, placing the girl gently on the bed. Just then, her eyes fluttered open, revealing wide, hazel eyes. She stared at the male above her, who looked like he was about to leave, and grabbed his sleeve, tugging it gently. It caught Kris's attention, turning back to look at her. She parted her puffy lips to speak.
"Is the ball okay?"
He blinked at her peculiar question before he bursted out laughing, a wide smile gracing his lips. Thump, she felt her heart go, watching how his eyes turned into crescents.
"The ball's okay. It wouldn't be hurt by a scrawny girl like you," he replied sharply before turning around, leaving completely. One thing ran around Meiyoung's mind, he was gorgeous. She dismissed the fact that he didn't apologize, and that attracted her.
 
 
Youngjae's eyes wandered around the classroom, taking every little sight in. This was a new area for him. New surroundings, new people, new everything. As his eyes travelled, he looked to his neighbor and to his surprise, found her sleeping. A small huff escaped his lips, noting how her hair was messily tangled. How disappointing, not even spending time to comb her hair. He took his pencil, nudging her side gently with the eraser. He wasn't cruel as to use the tip, no, that would be too harsh. He looked up at her, taking in her reaction. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Now he was starting to get a bit annoyed. He poked her again, still nothing. Again, nope, nothing.
Poke, poke, poke, not yet, nothing.
After what felt like 100 pokes, she finally stirred, messy hair falling down to cover her face. Youngjae smiled proudly in accomplishment before it wiped off his face. He noted the dark aura that hung around the girl he had just woken up. Her head lazily lifted off the desk, eyes wandering to the side as she shot Youngjae a fearful glance. Her eyes were slightly wide, hidden behind her hair, and that caused a shiver to ran down his spine. This was starting to get a bit too creepy for his liking. 
"Look here you incompetent fool, if you haven't noticed, no human being has ever tried to wake me up before. And that makes you more imbecilic then the rest. Why don't you just go back to your hearth somewhere and leave me be," she hissed before laying her head back on the table, this time using her arms as pillows to block out the sound of the angel's voice.
Youngjae was now clearly pissed off, not only did she call him an imbecile, but she had hurt his pride. What right did she have to slack off while the others were working so hard? He poked her again, well, more like jabbed her and he swore he saw the desk shaking afterwards. Her hands clenched around the desk tightly, and he heard a faint crack.
"Just what is your problem you dunce! Can't you just leave me alone for one freaking minute of my life so I can experience the bliss of sleep? Or are you just going to be jabbing me as if your life had slowly rotted away?" she shot at him, glaring through the gap made by her desk and arm. Youngjae leaned back on his chair, legs crossed as he replied calmly.
"Well, Miss Potty Mouth, thinking she can use high-class words and think they're different but they're not, I just wanted to tell you not to slack off in class. This is a learning enviornment and we need to do exactly that. How will knowledge process inside your brain if you are into a deep slumber?" he mumbled back, eyes glancing at her.
Her eyes narrowed slightly before scoffing, turning her head back to the table. Youngjae scrunched his nose, obviously displeased. "Well, excuse me for trying to get you out of trouble."
And that day, they both decided that they disliked each other.
 
Jisun walked down the halls, skirt bouncing with every step on her thighs. She wore a white tank and a two-layered skirt that wrapped around her wait and stopped at her inner thighs, the outer light pink and the inner fuschia. Her long-sleeved bubblegum coat stopped near the end of the skirt, and the whole outfit accentuated her legs. She was on her way back to the dorms before a group of guys approached her, the leader, she assumed, grabbing her arm.
"Can we talk to you? We have something important we'd like to discuss with you." he spoke, his voice low as if he wanted no one to hear. Being the 'pure' girl that she was, she nodded with a gentle smile on her lips, trailing behind the guys to the spot that they would talk. Once they arrived, she found that she was in the back of the school, the most deserted place besides the roof. Her head tilted slightly, showing her confusion as the circle of men started to gang around her. The one who spoke earlier smirked slightly, sensing her innocent aroura. Oh how he wanted to ruin every bit of this girl. He grabbed her arm gently, trailing his fingers until they reached her chin and lifted her head up, their eyes meeting.
"How about you and I go somewhere else, huh? Let's have some fun. I'm Chansung by the way," he whispered into her ear, causing Jisun's eyes to widened, tears starting to well up in her eyes.
"P-Please don't touch me," he murmured, pushing the male back gently. Chansung was obviously shocked by this, he always got what he wanted. All girls swooned for him, he had them at the back of his hand, just in case, and here was this girl, rejectig him flat out. He wouldn't have it, no he couldn't. By now, the boys, seeing this rejection and falling for the innocence that the girl held, had left, leaving the two of them alone. A smirk graced his lips as he finally realized who it was, this was the angel everyone was talking about, right? The more reason to stain this girl. He leaned closer to her, nuzzling their noses together playfully. Her nose scrunched up, shivering at the touch which she should find disgusting, but she didn't. In fact, she was attracted to the warmth of his skin, his scent, just everything at the moment though she kept it in. He dared to go closer, their lips almost touching as he whispered.
"Watch. I'll taint you darling."
 
Sen walked down the hallways swiftly, white dress stopping at her knees. There was frills on each opening, the sleeves and the edges of her dress. Her hair was made into a clean braided updo once again, her head tilted up high as she strutted down the hallways. Her ankles were covered with her socks, the edging bending down until the ends reached the top of her shoes. She was on her way to her locker, it was lunch break after all, and she would seize this opporunity to past time with her friends, or whatever kids called it these days. Her eyes wandered around the surroundings as she walked, noting the endless rows of lockers. Well, at least now students had places to put their materials, and they would be a bit safer too. Her eyes finally drifted to a vending machine, which was occupied by a boy. She didn't give it a second thought, just about to pass by the boy until she heard a sound.
Thunk.
She paused in her spot, blinking as she concluded that maybe it was a figmint of her imagination. Just as she was about to walk again, she heard the sound once more. Her head turned back to the vending machine, now realizing the actions of the boy. He had 15 bags of chips and candy next to his foot, while he was using the other one to kick the dreaded machine keeping him from his precious snacks. Daehyun's hands were stuffed in his pockets as he did so, skinny jeans wrapping around his legs and waist. It was surprising that he could still fit the tight garments, they were uncomfortable. He wore a loose, white V-neck which showed off his collar bones. She mumbled a few insults under her breath before walking up to the said male, posture straight and head held high. Once she arrived, she spoke up, not needing to get his attention in any ways else.
"It's wrong to do that. You're cheating while other's have to pay fairly to get the food. Don't you feel any slight bit of guilt? Don't you have any honor to uphold? Don't you think you're better than this?"
She watched as his head turned around to look at her, dark brown orbs immediately catching her attention. His lips were pursed out in annoyance, he should leave this place right here, right now. He didn't want to cause trouble, all he wanted was food but he guessed it was because he was a sin. Trouble was bound to happen. His sighed in boredom, eyes taking in the girl and just as he was about to leave, he noticed something dangling around her neck, flashing in the light. His eyes squinted a bit to catch a glimpse of it, noticing a flower emblem. He knew this symbol, he would never forget it. The last moments of his death, though why his hate towards this girl was unexplainable. Anger boiled in his veins, his eyes narrowing dangerously at the girl.
"Honor? You speak of honor? And just what makes you better than me when your family caused the death of thousands of people? What makes you better when you caused others to live in poverty while you had riches? Nothing, that's what. Next time you speak of honor, think about what you did," he spatted, poking the girl's forehead harshly before storming away, leaving a small pile of food there. Sen was at a lose for words, did she know this guy? How did he know? But every single word he said left an impact on her, and she swore that whether or not that boy would like it, Sen would teach him that he was wrong about her.
 
Hanbyul rushed down the streets, five bags in hand as people had handed her food, anything really and she had no idea why. Her blouse, designed with hearts, stuck to her chest as her skirt was blown, keeping them stuck against her legs. Her beige skirt ended at her shin, the loose cloth flowing in any direction that the wind brought it. It hugged around her waist, tied there with a small string in a bow. Pants escaped her lips as she trudged her way home, her lips every now and then to keep them from drying. As she passed by many stores, there was only one thing that caught her eyes. A gaunt looking male, so pale that he almost seemed as he was sick. Her lips formed a small frown. Was he alright? Did he need anything? She would happily give up all her bags of food if she could for the poor boy. Without thinking, she walked up to him, showing him the widest smile she had. In return, all she received was an emotionless face staring back at her. She noticed how the male stared at her bag of food before he turned away, taking interest in something else. Coming up with an idea, she huffed proudly, knocking the boy's shoulder gently. Once she caught his attention again, she spoke, "Do you need anything?"
Leo sighed, this girl just wouldn't go away huh? Of course he needed something, he always did. He wanted everything, and anything. He his lips, eyeing her bag of food again before nodding his head towards it. Getting his hint, she took two bags from her hand, motioning with her free one for the other to put out his hands as well. Once he did so, she happily placed the bag on his hand, taking it into her palm and forcing him to close his fingers around the handle. "This is yours now, okay? No need to repay me or anything," she chirped happily.
A smirk made it's way to Leo's face, a dark chuckle escaping his lips before he shook his head, leaving the girl standing there alone. That was too easy, almost too easy. Now he had the food that he needed for his and his team's survival. Most of it would be his anyways, just had to make sure Daehyun wouldn't take most of it.
Hanbyul's nose scrunched, did she dislike that boy a lot? She sighed under her breath, shaking her head as she glanced down. She spotted a small card with a picture on it, realizing that it was the boy from before. She quickly picked it up and scanned the area, shoulders slumping in defeat as she couldn't find him anywhere. She glanced down at the card, seems like it was an ID card from her school.
"Jung Taekwoon, huh? I got you," she cooed teasingly, her eyes sparkling with mischief.
 
Eunkyung was strolling down the park with her camera, eyes merely glancing around for anything to take a picture of. She found a few things, taking a snapshot of it with a small grin on her face. She wore a mid-sleeve blouse, which was paired with dark washed jeans. Her black converse made a comfortable walk for her, and her bangs were held back with a small bow headband. This way, her hair would not get in the way of her pictures. She continued further into the landscape, nothing was done yet. Nothing was ever completed until she deemed it to be, and it was also a hobby of hers to take long walks. The park at this time was deserted however, leaving her a bit surprised as she spotted a boy leaning against one of the trunks of the trees. Many things were emitting from the said male, most of them being bad vibes. Eunkyung was skeptical at first in approaching the male when she was reminded that she was a virtue, this was her job. Also, her heart did already go out to the boy, and she wanted to comfort him. Without further hesitation, she skipped towards him and squated down next to him. His eyes were closed, which gave her a while to admire his features. He was gorgeous, almost the definition of perfection she would have said but then again, she thought that of almost anyone. Suddenly, his eyes opened and she squeaked, falling on her behind. She glanced up at him, meeting his piercing glance and it stayed like that for a while, just silence and nothing else.
He stood up and dusted himself up, glaring at the girl on the ground. Lay was jealous alright, jealous about how she could be so freaking adorable in everything that she did. That wasn't fair. He always had to try hard to look good yet people still criticize him. And the thing he was most jealous of was her camera. Not only was it expensive and high quality, but the fact that he didn't have it pissed him up. He wanted it, he absolutely needed it even though he didn't know how to use a camera. He dusted himself off before starting to walk away. That's when Eunkyung got up on her feet, sprinting towards him and grabbing his hand gently. Lay flinched at the contact, reeling his hand back and caressing it as if he had been burned by the touch.
Eunkyung noticed the reaction, faltering before regaining her resolve, starting to speak.
"I-I'm Eunkyung! It's nice to meet someone as handsome as you. I'm honored," her voice came out quiet, a flush on her cheeks as she had no idea what left her lips.
Lay stood there, in shock. He was called handsome, was he hearing right. He shook his head, and her comment as he did so. No, he could never. That was just words he wanted to hear, and he bet she got them everyday. His dislike towards her grew, easily disliking her in the instant they met. Opting not to introduce himself, he stalked off, eyes staying glued to the ground as he made his way towards his favorite hangout, the club. Eunkyung's head tilted to the side, eyes softening as she bit her lip. Did she do something wrong?
Later in the day, Eunkyung was ready, dressed to impress, going to one of the clubs that she visited now and then. She was invited by some of her friends, and she wanted to look her best of course. She wore a floral, black dress matched with gray ankle boots. She wore a heart pendent on her neck, and she place some makeup on herself before rushing out of her dorm, meeting up at the club. And there she saw someone she would least expect. It was the guy from earlier, she hasn't had a chance to know his name. She pushed pass the crowd gently, making sure to let other's go first and before she could reach the male, someone else did.
"Aye, Lay! I'm here man," the tall blonde spoke to the man at the park, Lay she assumed. They then engaged in a quiet conversation, one that she could not hear over the blaring music. After a few minutes, the guy left, giving Eunkyung a chance to get to know this Lay. She sneakily slipped into the seat next to him, giving him a small wave as she plopped down completely. He raised an eyebrow, drinking plain water as he kept his gaze on her. Once finished, he set his glass down, eyes narrowing at the girl before he finally spoke.
"Are you stalking me?"
Eunkyung sputtered at the question, quickly shaking her head as her cheeks flushed red. Lay could only chuckle, however, their time together was cut short as one of her friends had found her. They dragged her to the dance floor and Eunkyung, loving to dance, went along with it. Lay could only watch from where he was, how smooth her motions were and how every movement was like a wave.
He hated it, and he hated her.
Yes, Lay despised Eunkyung with everything that he has.
Yet he finds himself being drawn into those intense blue eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________
 
 author's note » Hello guys ouo /wipes sweat/ took me three to four hours writing this =A= I apologize omf- so this chapter is about the meeting of the main sins and virtues. Hope I didn't disappoint. Wow, this seems extremely long from my point of view ;; hope you liked it, I'd die if you didn't orz well now, off the sleep o/ chao, this is Seck speaking! Have a nice morning / afternoon / evening / night / whatever it is where you are ouo finished at 3:19 AM