Part 3

Happy Birthday

 

@@@@

 

 

“We need to go down now, Haneul.” He smiled as he held out his hand.  You shook your head furiously. “No way I’m going to do that again”

 

“Oh, so you want me to leave you here?” He smirked triumphantly when he felt your hands grasped his.

 

Before your vision totally went out, you remembered collapsing in Lay’s arm and Xiumin kissing your cheek, greeting you once more and telling you to have fun.

 

When you woke, the first thing you saw is Lay’s smiling face. “Oh, you’re up.”

 

“What happened?” You asked, sitting straight as you realized you feel asleep with your head on Lay’s lap.

 

“Minseokkie-hyung said something about jetlag? Yes, jetlag. Uh, I forgot actually.” He rubbed the back of his neck shyly. You nodded remembering the trip to the top of the ice berg. You shuddered.

 

“Are you alright? Are you feeling cold?” Lay asked voice worry-filled.

 

“I’m fine, Lay-oppa.” You assured him although he didn’t really believe it. He touched your forehead and you can slowly feel your energy being restored.

 

He smiled, “Eh? I’m the healer so you must tell me the truth about how you feel. I can literally make the pain go away.” He winked.

 

You blushed as you got caught and averted your eyes away from his glowing ones. He stood up and grabbed your hand and started walking.

 

“I don’t really know what to do today so I just decided to bring you to a secret place. You must promise to keep it to yourself though, okay?” Lay began. You nodded, curiosity eating you up as you wonder where he could be taking you.

 

“Uh, where are we –” You were cut off by him. “We’re almost there.

 

Your jaw dropped as he turned a circle to show the place. It was a land of the unicorns. Now, this is the reality that you wanted. You smiled widely. You jump excitedly as you see unicorns gallop around you.

 

“Wanna ride them ponies?” Lay asked as he made a unicorn stop. Your eyes lit up, clearly excited. Then suddenly, the unicorn whinnied and kicked something to your face. A cake …..

 

“EVEN YOU?!” You shouted, exasperated. He laughed, “Happy Birthday Haneul-ah, let’s clean you up.”

 

While wiping your face, with you glaring at him, he said. “Uh, I really can’t do the smashing thing myself so I let the cute unicorns do it for me.”

 

You glared at him even harder, “So you let these innocent cute little creatures do your dirty works.”

 

He gasped at your accusation, “It’s a onetime thing, and I barely agreed to this.”

 

He jumped on a unicorn and held out his hand, “Now let’s ride this for real.”

 

 

@@@

 

 

The unicorn dropped you off at a familiar park. An even familiar person is sitting under a tree. You went to him as you said goodbye to Lay and the cutie unicorns.

 

“Kyungsoo-oppa!” You called as you sat next to him. He looked up from the book he is reading.

 

“Recipe book, really oppa?” You . “Hey! A man can be the person in the kitchen. No teasing.”

 

You stuck your tongue out at him. He stood up and kicked you lightly. “Ya, get up! We don’t have all day.” He walked away.

 

“Are we going to your dorm?” You asked as you recognized the path he is taking. He nodded.

 

“Why though? Aren’t you supposed to take me out on the fields or something?” You inquired.

 

He sighed as he open the door of the dorm. He went straight to the kitchen and pulled out a seat for you. “Because…. My power is not romantically useful? Unless you will find it romantic if I take your underground or throw soil at you or something like that.”

 

You chuckled. “Silly oppa. But I guess you’re right? So what did you prepare for today?”

 

“Well, since I have such great cooking and baking skills, we’ll bake your cake” His eyes lit up.

 

He took out all the ingredients and started working, giving you instructions from time to time.

 

You smiled as you saw him make the cake with full concentration. He looked at you oddly and you realized that you chuckled at the thought. “What?”

 

“Nothing, you just look real serious.” You said. “Well, food is no small matter so we have to take it seriously.” He answered back.

 

“But …” You grabbed the bowl of flour. “Where’s the fun in that?” You threw the flour at him.

 

He gasped. “How dare you?” His eyes widened even more when you cracked an egg on top of his head. “Oh, it’s on.” He smirked evilly.

 

Disaster sure happened in the kitchen and Kyungsoo’s owl eyes widened 4x at the mess. “Look at what you did.” You laughed at him. “No one trashes my kitchen.” He glared at you. “and for payback…”

 

He added, grabbing the dough that was supposed to be the cake and smashed it on your face. Not contented, he grabbed the icing and poured it down on you. Shocked, your mouth hanged open.

 

“Happy Birthday Haneul-ah!!” Kyungsoo greeted. “You know what? I already made our dinner. Let’s just go before our food gets cold. I’ll clean this up while you clean yourself up.” He gestured to the bathroom. You obeyed.

 

“Dinner outside the balcony.” He called out as he started cleaning up.

 

You started laughing as you head to the bathroom.

 

 

@@

 

 

A soft knock on the door was heard. “Woops, that’s my cue.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Before I go though.” He bent down and put a hand on top of a soil. A flower suddenly appeared on his hand. He came closer to you and put the flower behind your ear.

 

“Happy Birthday Haneul. Have fun.” He kissed your cheek.

 

Kyungsoo patted Baekhun’s back as he walked out. Baekhyun smiled, “Hanhan!!” He called out before enveloping you into a bear (bacon) hug, knocking you down. You giggled because adorable Baekhyun is simply adorable.

 

“So what do you have in store for me today oppa?” You eyed him curiously.

 

He smirked, still not getting off of you. “How about we turn off the lights.” He snapped his fingers.

 

Your eyes widened and you squeaked. Suddenly the lights are on again and his laughter filled the room. He stood up pointing at you, face red as he laughed some more. You blushed a deep shade of red before kicking his knee HARD. He fell down.

 

“Owh! What was that for?” Baekhyun hissed. You stood up to sit on the couch. “Nothing, I just feel like kicking you.” You said, annoyed.

 

He took the seat next to you and cuddled your arm. “Haneul-ah.. Oppa is sorry. Hmm” He aegyo-ed. Oh dear, you could hyperventilate right now. Still, you kept your resolve firm and ignored him.

 

You were surprised to see him standing up and heading for the door. Your jaw dropped as you thought he was going to leave. Your jaw dropped even more when you saw him go for the light switch and start to flicker it.

 

“Now turn on the dvd and play Harlem Shake.” He commanded but you just sat there, mouth hanging open. He ruffled his hair in frustration. “Ugh! I lost my momentum. Fine I’ll play it. Take two”

 

Harlem Shake blasted through the speakers and Baekhyun did his infamous, Light Dance.

 

You recovered from the shock and started RLAB laughing on the floor. Baekhyun helped you stand up and gestured you to do the dance with him. You denied but he insisted. Then there were two crays in EXO’s living room. You both collapsed on the floor, exhausted but still laughing.

 

“Now are you still mad?” Baekhyun asked cutely. You shook your head.

 

“Now for my gift. Sit on the couch. Go.” He pointed. You obeyed immediately anticipating Baekhyun’s present.

 

“Mama ijen naege daedaphaejwo…..oops wrong song. That’s so not romantic.” He murmured but then started singing again.

 

“Machi amugeotdo moreuneun airo geureoke dashi….” He sang. By the end of the song, he went to sit next to you, kissed your cheek and said, “Happy Birthday Haneul-ah!”

 

 

@

 

 

A ring on the door is heard and Baekhyun whined. “No fair. We’re having so much fun.” You laughed at him and went to open the door.

 

“Oh, I’m not done yet. Hold on.” SMASH. CAKE. FACE! “UGH SRSLY BACON?!” You shouted, thinking how wrong you were when you thought that the cake-smashed-onto-your-face thingy is over.  Baekhyun kissed the tip of your nose, getting a little icing on his lips, and went to open the door for Chanyeol. “Channie-ah, she’s all yours.” Baekhyun winked at the both of you.

 

“What happened to you?” Chanyeol asked. You growled in response. “Woah. Calm down, my little kitten. Don’t bite me.” Your annoyance was replaced by a giggle because silly Chanyeol is silly. “There’s my cute little kitty.”

 

“Oppa’s the last one?” You asked. He nodded, “Yeap. Save the best for the last.”

 

“Prove to be the best then.” You challenged him. He scratched his head and a creepy smile decorated his beautiful face. “Actually, I don’t have any plans yet.” He grinned.

“I’ve thought of fire dancing in front of you. Or swallow fire. Or even just ride Phoenix with you. But they’re not romantic at all. The only sweet thing is the last one but he’s probably on fire so it’s dangerous for you.” He rumbled on, shoulders deflating by each word he says. “So I thought of doing something hot with y--- OWH! Why’d you hit me?”

 

“No silly thoughts” You scolded him. “My power is dangerous so let’s just do a normal thing and let me off since I’m your uh favorite?” His eyes crinkled as he smiled.

 

“It’s fine. Kyungsoo-oppa didn’t use his powers either and so is Tao, technically, so yeah.” You said.

 

“WHAT NO FAIR I’M THE ONLY ONE WHO’S SUPPOSED TO BE LET OFF” His voice shook the whole room.

 

“Keep down, deep-voiced. Well, stop whining and let’s just get this over with.”

 

“Why are you being like this to me?” He pouted but dragged you towards the entrance of the roof.

 

When you stepped inside the rooftop, there’s a picnic blanket and a picnic box with sparklers at the side. “I thought you haven’t planned something yet?”

 

“Well, I figured fireworks could count since there’s a fire in its name.” He pointed at the sky and as if on cue, beautiful fireworks flashed. He cupped your cheeks and brushed his lips against yours. “Happy Birthday Haneul-ah. Saranghae.” You blushed and hit his chest before burying your flushed face on it.

 

He laughed and proceeded to where the picnic basket was and held out a cake. Your eyes widened at the site. Oh no. Cake-smashing again. You close your eyes and bit your lip.

 

“Are you alright?” He asked, worried. You didn’t say anything so he grabbed your hands.

“Hey what’s wrong? Are you making a wish already?” He questioned. You just nodded. He made an O face and snapped his fingers to light the candle.

“On three, Happy Birthday Haneul-ah! 1, 2, 3” You blew the candle and Chanyeol clapped like a seal before embracing you.