Funny business

First Love [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Narrator POV]

You kept staring at him from the corner of your eye, trying to be inconspicuous about it. He was working hard, doing his homework and would ask you if he didn’t understand something. The first time he asked, you were staring at him and you had only just turned away to avoid being caught. Slowly, you understood his work pattern. When he didn’t understand something, he’d scratch his head with his pen and then scribble out what he was writing. Then he’d reach for a piece of fruit; tilt his head from side to side before turning to ask you.

The tray of food soon diminished to nothing. You frowned, and twirled your pen staring at the textbook in front of you then back at the tray. You were hungry and your stomach agreed by giving a grumble. Zelo looked up from his work and stared at the offender – your stomach. “What?”

“Are you hungry?” He asked, still looking at your stomach. You looked pointedly at him and crossed your arms. Of course you were!

“Duh, why else would my stomach make such a noise?”

“Okay, okay. I got it! Why don’t we go get some food?” He smiled. “Come, let’s go!” He pulled at your hand, making you stand up. You grabbed your keys, money and phone on the way out and together, walked to the convenience store. You walked hand in hand with him and he swung your arms, humming a catchy tune.

“What are you humming?” You asked, curious but also trying to divert your attention away from the contact.

“Guess!” He hummed louder so you could hear, and you could faintly remember the tune. Some song by a boy group?

“Are there words to it?” He nodded and started to rap. You nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter