10 Out Of 10

Bouncing Off The Walls

█ starring;

→ ok taecyeon.

→ nichkhun horvejkul.

→ bang mika [oc].

→ kwon kaeri [oc].

“Hey, stop doing that, Kaeri! You’re going to break something!” scolded Mika Bang as she glared at her roommate and best friend.

Kaeri Kwon pouted as she stopped bouncing up and down on the bunk bed. Her soft, jet black hair fell around her face as she puffed out her cheeks in boredom. She was supposed to be studying for her Biomedical Research exam, but decided to take a break. Being a freshman in college was terribly hard work, especially if you went to UCLA. It wasn’t exactly the easiest college to get into.

“Ugh, I hate finals! It should go die. Its children and children’s children should die.” Kaeri complained as she hopped off the top bunk to scour the pantry for food.

The girls lived in an apartment not far from the UCLA campus. It was approximately one in the morning and almost everyone in the complex was asleep. Shuffling towards the kitchen, Kaeri stood in front of the pantry contemplating on what to eat when an ear-splitting screech emitted from the bedroom, followed by her name being called.

“Aish, quit screaming, Mika! You’re going to wake someone up!” Kaeri warned her friend as she rushed to the room. “What’s wrong?”

Mika’s eyes were glazed over as she stared at her laptop’s screen. Her jaw was dropped open and she looked like a zombie. The glow of the screen made her face look paler, adding to the effect. A look of pure confusion clouded over Kaeri’s face as she walked over to investigate. Mika lifted a finger to point at the computer screen, which was displaying an article on allkpop.com. A picture of two muscular, attractive guys at an airport adorned the screen, along with the headlines ‘2PM Heads to California!’

The article read:

Attention all Hottests in California! Gear up for 2PM because they are headed your way! According to JYP, the boys are going to be having a show at House of Blues in Anaheim. As you can see from the picture above, Khun and Taec have already been seen getting off their plane at LAX.

2PM has decided to promote their Mini-Album, Don’t Stop Can’t Stop, in the USA for a little while. So far, JYP has only released details on one of the shows, which will be held at the House of Blues in Anaheim on September 16, only a week from now!

However, allkpop.com has a challenge. If you live in Southern California and want two free, front-row tickets and backstage passes to hang with the guys, then all you have to do is upload a video of yourself dancing to one of 2PM’s songs and you are eligible to enter. Just post it on YouTube and paste the link in the comments section.  Results will be posted on the 14th.

If you don’t win or just don’t want to dance, tickets will be on sale at the box office the day of the concert, so get there early! It’s first come first serve. Let’s have a warm welcome for 2PM! Hopefully this time, Khunnie  won’t get a bra thrown at him.

Casting her glance towards her best friend, Mika almost looked possessed. She wanted this chance to win. No, strike that. She NEEDED this chance to win. There was no way in hell that this offer could be passed up. Front row tickets and backstage passes? This was almost too good to be true! Kaeri couldn’t say no. She wouldn’t dare.

Kaeri felt the pit of her stomach sink. Why was Mika staring at her like that? She couldn’t possibly be thinking…no. No, no, no, no, no! There was no way in hell that she would publicly make a fool of herself dancing, even if it was for 2PM. Plus, wouldn’t the boys see it? No, she wasn’t going to do it. There was no way in hell. She’d rather fracture her wrist or something.

-

Four days later, Kaeri was grumbling as Mika set up her video camera to record the dance. The apartment’s living room was spacious as the girls had moved all furniture aside to make room for their makeshift cardboard dance floor. Mika’s iPod dock was blaring music while the girls warmed up.

“Okay, Kaeri, remember how to do the flips at the end?” Mika asked while she the recording device.

“Yeah,” Kaeri groaned. “Remind me again WHY I agreed to this?”

“Remember, front row tickets! Backstage passes!” Mika said in a peppy tone. “We are in this to win this!”

“More like YOU’RE in this to win this…I’m just a sidekick that needs to learn to say no.” Kaeri pointed out.

“This is a once in a lifetime chance. So DON’T SCREW THIS UP!” Mika glared at Kaeri before putting on a sickly sweet smile for the camera. “Hello, allkpop! This is Bang Mika and Kwon Kaeri! We’re going to dance to 10 Out of 10 by 2PM. Here we go!”

The music started as the girls faced each other and started doing arm isolations. Mika tried to keep her face straight, but she couldn’t help but smile. Both of them had this dance down. They were unstoppable! It felt that way for three minutes into the song. However, disaster struck.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock at the door. In the middle of her back flip, Mika’s concentration faltered as she lost control of her balance. Her hands slid as she fell to the ground, landing hard on her shin. The snap that signified the non-displaced fracture was drowned out by her screams of pain. Kaeri, momentarily distracted by the unexpected mishap, wobbled in mid-flip, causing her to crash to the floor. She landed on her wrist and was briefly paralyzed due to the pain of her shattered wrist and throbbing head.

“Ohmigod, like, there’s a party at—what happened here?!” Deanna Stewart, the annoying girl that lived two floors above the girls, burst into the apartment along with her roommate, Jenny Ryan. Mika had given them a copy of her apartment keys because the four girls had been close one time, but now they tended to avoid Deanna and Jenny whenever possible. Both of them had an excited expression on their faces as they walked in, then scrunched up into confusion when she stumbled across Kaeri and Mika sprawled across the living room floor, cursing in pain.

 “Deanna!” Mika managed to say after bursts of pain shot through her legs. “Call a ing ambulance. NOW!”

-

Sunlight streamed through the windows of the hospital ward as Kaeri winced at the ray of sun that blinded her eyes temporarily. Where was she? Why was everything so white? What was that strange smell? Kaeri tried rolling over in her bed, but something hampered her from doing it. After blinking a few more times, she noticed that there were IVs hooked up to her arm, as well as cloth on her head and her right wrist was in a cast. Oh yeah, Kaeri thought. We ed up trying to dance yesterday.

Mika was in the bed next to her, fast asleep but in a condition similar to hers. Her lip was a bit swollen and her left leg was in a plaster cast, hanging about a foot off the hospital bed. Like Kaeri, IVs were hooked up to her arm as well. Her eyes fluttered open as she took in her surroundings.

“Ugh, I feel like ,” announced Mika. “This is like, worse than a hangover. Dammit! We were doing really well yesterday! I mean, we got the damn dance down! Then Deanna had to knock and ing ruin everything! Now we won’t even get to see 2PM because we’ll be cripples for the next ing month! Argh! What time is it? I’m starving.”

Kaeri spied a clock on the far side of the room. “It’s about noon. Not that I’m looking forward to eating hospital food. Damn, we must have really been under some heavy anesthesia yesterday. We’ve been passed out for almost twenty hours.”

A nurse in a crisp, white outfit entered the room. Her hair was in a tight bun and she came bearing some water, as well some guests. Deanna came inside the room with a sheepish grin on her face as she lugged the laptop while Jenny had a smirk on her face. At least they had the decency of buying the girls some fast food. Kaeri half-heartedly thanked Jenny as she set down a bag from In N’ Out on her hospital bed. Mika, on the other hand, glared wordlessly at Jenny as she received the food.

“How was your ing party last night?” shot Mika while Kaeri chowed down on her burger.

“Look, we didn’t mean to injure you guys…” Deanna said. “And plus, we knew how much you guys love those guys from 3PM—”

“2PM,” corrected Kaeri in between mouthfuls of food.

“Right, whatever,” Deanna continued, rolling her eyes. “Anyway, there’s a couple more people here to see you. Come in, you guys.”

The next two people that walked through the door shocked the two girls so much that Kaeri dropped her burger and Mika exclaimed, “No ing way.” With amused grins on their faces, Ok Taecyeon and Nichkhun Horvejkul entered the room. Jenny and Deanna exited the room along with the nurse, due to the numbers of visitors in the room. In the midst of both girls’ shock, the boys made themselves at home. Nichkhun’s slightly fitted white polo shirt and soft grey skinny jeans clung to his body as he tipped his fedora towards the girls. Kaeri, the fashionista, cringed at Taecyeon’s famous inability to dress like a fashion terrorist. Today, he wore black combat boots, vivid green skinny jeans and a tight-fitting brown T-shirt. Plastic, electric blue sunglasses sat on top of his head. Mika assesed Taecyeon's outfit and felt a slight pang of jealousy, wishing that she could own some of the clothes that he wore.

“So, uh, we heard about what happened to you guys yesterday…” Nichkhun began.

“Well, obviously,” grumbled Mika, then she stopped herself. “Wait, how did you hear?”

“Didn’t you know?” Taecyeon asked with a genuinely surprised look on his face as he sat down on the edge of Kaeri’s bed. “It was all over allkpop and every other K-Pop news site there is yesterday.”

“Holy . Holy , holy , holy !” screamed Kaeri.

“Whoa, no need to get that aggravated!” Taecyeon said, alarmed.

“No! You’re sitting on my hand! I don’t want to break more bones than necessary!” Kaeri whined.

“Oh, sorry!” apologized Taecyeon while Nichkhun involuntarily snickered.

Mika’s fear increased inside of her. “Wait, HOW was it all over the internet? I’m going to slap a ! I swear, when I get out of here…”

Instead of answering, Nichkhun took the laptop out of the bag and powered it up. Then, he logged onto allkpop.com. A still of the girls’ video was at the very top of the page. Mika’s heart sank as Nichkhun clicked on the link. The article was all about the girls’ video submission and how it was almost exactly how the boys would have danced like in the video, except for the ending. At the bottom of the article was a YouTube video, credited to an anonymous source.

“Click on that,” commanded Mika as Nichkhun obliged.

The video took them to the user’s YouTube page. Mika twitched in anger as she noticed the screen name. Jenny Ryan and Deanna Stewart were going to die once she got her hands on them. Those stupid es apparently thought it would be funny to post this on the Internet. Evidently, the video was a big hit; it had already garnered nearly 5,000 views on the first day.

“If it makes you guys feel any better, we didn’t watch it…yet…” Taecyeon admitted as he lay a comforting hand on Kaeri’s cast. “But now that we’re here, why not?”

Nichkhun was more than happy to agree, despite both girls’ protests. He pulled up a chair next to Mika and played the video. Mika’s introduction played with Nichkhun laughing heartedly at the girls’ minor disagreement. Kaeri and Taecyeon craned their necks to watch the video unfold. Both boys nodded in approval at the isolations at the beginning of the video and made comments as it progressed. The girls could tell that they were impressed at the dancing. Only once the three minute mark hit did the video take a turn for the worse.

Deanna’s excessive knocking could be heard, nearly drowning out the music. Mika’s backflip started out gracefully, but the noise had broken her concentration, causing her to fall to the floor. A faint ‘snap’ could be heard as she cried out. Nichkhun’s eyes were widened in shock. Kaeri watched herself relive that horrid moment again, both her and Taecyeon wincing when she landed violently on her wrist. Deanna and Jenny were seen entering, but their faces were blurred out. While Mika spat out a string of curses from the floor, Deanna rushed to grab the phone. Jenny spied the video camera still recording and picked it up. The last few seconds of the video showed her condescending smile, then it went black.

Ashamed, Kaeri hid her face in the sheets while Mika was fuming. The only thing on her mind was murder. Nichkhun, seeing her distress, set down the laptop and patted her shoulder.

“That-that looked like it really hurt,” Nichkhun spoke up. “You guys did very well though. I’m impressed.”

“What’s the point? It’s not like we can go to the show anymore. We messed up big time, and plus, look at us. We’re cripples!” Mika downheartedly said.

“Hey, hey, hey, that’s not a problem!” Taecyeon interjected. “I’m sure we can work something out. I don’t want to see our fans disappointed, especially really pretty ones that have worked so hard.” He looked over to Nichkhun for ideas.

“That’s right!” agreed Nichkhun. “Listen up. Since you worked so hard and gave your blood, sweat and tears—literally, we’re going to give you free passes to the show. I think that there’s a handicapped section somewhere in the venue. You guys are going to be discharged from the hospital soon, aren’t you?”

Peeking out from the covers, Kaeri looked at Nichkhun, then Taecyeon hopefully. “Do you really mean it?”

“Of course!” Taecyeon said, flashing his signature tooth monster grin at her. “After all, I give that video 10 out of 10!”

Grinning, Nichkhun rolled his eyes. “Shut up, Taec.”

██ ending crap;

→ xaznbaybay.
→ 4:56pm.
→ listening to: lucifer - SHINee.

note: macro was taken off yeahkpopmacros.tumblr.com and it does not belong to me.