Chapter 1

Stupid Secret Fiancé

Stuck in a tower. Alone. Not allowed to leave.

Everyday waiting for a chance to see the world; what was out there.

Why was she banned from the outside? She herself didn’t know. Sounds familiar?

Yup.

It’s supposed to; Rapunzel, the girl who is imprisoned in her room, with no way in; no way out.

“WHERE IS SHE?” or not

“Shoot.”

Half-way through the rope made of bed covers; she cursed and quickly climbed down. Just when she landed on the ground and dusted her pants, well-built men surrounded her. She didn’t know that she’d be caught this easily. No use fighting against formal dressed dudes she knew she’d never have even a slightest chance of winning. She sighed and counted down. Here it comes.

3

2

1

“JAE RI!”

 

She fiddled with her fingers whilst sitting on the sofa, thinking what she did wrong. Her head rose slightly and saw a figure coming towards her direction.

Click clack.

She was elegant and classy; a white turtle neck with long sleeves and black pencil skirt just above the knee. Hair cut to shoulder length, which suited her face. Her heels clicked against the marble floor and her serious eyes didn’t waver from Jae Ri’s .  She stared and calmly sat opposite to the younger.

“What did I say?” The woman started and looked directly into her daughter’s eyes.

“But I was just – ”

“Ah.” Mrs. Ahn raised a hand to stop her from continuing.

“Jae Ri…” she sighed and explained “We talked about this right?”

The latter nodded slowly then her head jerked and she grinned “But mom, I was just going to buy ramen and a few snacks for this afternoon” mischief glimmering in her eyes

“The driver is outside” with a poker face, Madam Ahn played the game “But the convenience store is just a few blocks”

“But it’s safer with someone accompanying you"

“It’s 7 in the morning. A lot of people walking and would see in case I got hurt.”

She’s really thinking this through Jae Ri mentally scolded herself for not thinking of an excuse ahead of time. Now she’ll never get out of the stuffy house. If only I escaped a little later, mom would have probably gone to work. Her eyes turned into slits thinking of her flawed act.

“Okay you can go. But next time please ask permission.” Mrs. Ahn said after a while pleading the troublesome teen

Yes! Jae Ri did a fist pump and a little victory dance. Finally, she can leave the house without, bodyguards, her sister or anyone “Thanks mom.” Jae Ri kissed her and ran upstairs to get dressed.

Freedom… Finally

“I’m late for work.” Mrs. Ahn glanced at her watch and smiled a little as her daughter grinned like an idiot whilst running. She stood up and walked to the door.

Her mother was about to take a step outside but remembered something “Oh. Why don’t you go to the mall instead? Buy some new clothes; we have dinner tomorrow night with some friends of mine.” She yelled as her daughter's figure disappeared into the 2nd floor

Jae Ri immediately went back to the rails of the stairs, her eyes widened in shock “Really?!” Her mother nodded, a small smile played on her lips.

She was never allowed to leave the house. Her parents said it was dangerous.

Well to them, everywhere outside is dangerous. But now she was going to the mall.

All. By. Herself.

As Jae Ri skipped happily towards the corridor once more, her mother called out “Don’t forget your sister is in charge of you!”

She chuckled and closed the door. She thought I’d leave her alone. Silly girl

 

Usually the Ahn siblings would just greet each other ‘Good morning’ during lunch time, because that’s the time her elder sister wakes up. But Jae Ri didn’t have a choice. She had to wake up her elder sister

“Aye.” Jae Ri shook her, who was sleeping soundly on a baby blue covered bed. She could leave this girl who’s sleeping like a rock. She could spend the day without her sister later on.

Mom would know I ditched her she thought and gritted her teeth when the older of the Ahn sisters was still not awake. She took a deep breath and jumped on the bed, screaming and shaking the lump of blankets.

“WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!” her voice getting louder and louder every time she yells.

She stopped when she heard a grunt and blinked when Hyun Ji fumbled to grab a pillow. Is she finally awake?

“Shut up…” she grunted again, her voice hoarse. The younger grinned, happy that she made progress

“No, WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE – Ow!” She rubbed her head when Hyun Ji threw the pillow which cradled her head and went back under the covers.

“Wake up already. Mom said we have to go to the mall.” The latter pulled the blanket closer to her when Jae Ri started pulling it off. “Cash?” Hyun Ji slowly opened one eye. “Ugh. Yes.”

With that confirmation the eldest Ahn shooed Jae Ri and told her to wait 30 minutes.

 

Ahn Hyun Ji is the eldest of the Ahn sisters and the successor to a chain of restaurants the Ahn family owned. With a few years left before taking over the family business, the eldest daughter took special classes after her regular ones. Acing most of her subjects both regular and special, she was almost perfect.

Hyun Ji was your stereo-typical girl next door. She was pretty, wearing floral shorts and a white tube top inside a pink polo blouse that wasn’t buttoned, which served as her cardigan; completely opposite of what Jae Ri was wearing; skinny denim and a varsity jacket over a faded shirt. “I thought you were going to buy ramen?” Hyun Ji strutted towards the kitchen where Jae Ri was. She’s fresh from the shower, dressed to impress and a look of confusion painted on her face as she opened the fridge grabbing a bottle of water. “Good morning miss. Would you want something to eat as well?” A woman in her 50s greeted Hyun Ji. She was wearing an all-black suit fitted to her figure perfectly. Exactly the same as the bodyguards who blocked Jae Ri earlier.

The woman nodded when Hyun Ji politely declined the offer and took a seat across Jae Ri. She’s put on make-up that fast Jae Ri noticed but opted not to say it out loud. She twirled pasta before stuffing it in . Top priority of this girl is always food.

“I was.”

She began while shrugging “But the muscle heads found out about it. I could’ve ran, but the bed sheets didn't give me enough time –”

“What bed sheets?”

“I used it to climb out of my room.” She grinned; her sister was massaging her temples.

At least they both got annoyed with each other this morning. Serves you right for the throwing a pillow at me

“…What did mom say when you got caught?” Jae Ri was finishing her pasta, face scrunched up in thought. Hyun Ji, on the other hand was waiting for a reply. The younger walked out of the kitchen after her meal and headed towards the front door, ignoring her older sister. “She said we’ll be buying clothes for a dinner tomorrow night”

“That doesn’t make any sense!” Hyun Ji yelled then followed out