Youngie

I Remember

Youngjae is packing his sandwiches for lunch at school later. He packed an extra just incase he sees any abandon student at the back of the school craving for food. He always made an extra when he is still in middle school, but it always ended wasted and throw into the garbage bin because he is usually not that hungry and he does not even spend his time in cafeteria when it is lunch. But he has this instinct that today that the sandwich will not be wasted anymore. He put the cheese, meat filet, salad, mayonise and some chili sos among the two slices of bread. He slips it properly in a plastic, and insert it into his school bag. 

 

He bids his umma goodbye after pecking her cheek while she is sleeping. Her umma always returns home late every weekdays because of her work that is far away and only can sleep like two to three hours. While, his appa will always out in the early morning everyday as his company will fetch him and sent him anywhere for him to be doing his job. People may think he lived an awesome life with awesome family, but he just feel as lonely as an orphan. He loved his umma, his appa, but do they loved him like he did? Hurm, even he doubt it with every possible reason.

 

He walks out after putting his black school shoes. He sets his hair at the glass on the door and smile when it looks great. Youngjae is the one who love neat, he got that cute face on him, nice body recently and also a nice voice. He does want to be a singer, but he just does not know where he can go to reach his dream. So, here he is, stuck in the school, TS High School.

 

Upon reaching the school gate, he sees all the unfamiliar faces. He suddenly feels nervous like a kid entering kinder garden and just been left by his umma. He steps cautiously towards the entrance door. When he finally seeing a sign of  'Hall ->', he half runs towards the corner to avoid all eyes. "Am I a nerd?" he thinks when he realizes that people are looking at him like he was someone that is a freak or something. 

 

By that, he make his way to the hall. Seeing the door that written 'TS Hall' he opens it and enters. The hall is slightly empty, only little amount of students in it.. He makes his way to the second row of desk and chairs, he put his belongings on it. With that, he goes out to explore the school a little in such a short time before orientation starts. 

 

---

 

Daehyun wanders around his new house to search for his school uniform. "Aish! Just where is it? I remember putting it here," he points his study table. But there are just pile of papers, clothes and face products. "Clothes?! Oh yeah!" He slips all the soft fabrics on his body.  He is in big trouble since he woke up late and it is the first day. He must arrives to school on time, he does not want to miss first day orientation. He might also be lost in school in term of searching the hall. 

 

He runs out the house to school using the roads he has remembered few days ago. Entering the entrance, he sees a sign board showing the school building plan. "Oh, it's at third floor. Besides ..what is that? Oh! It's a class name. Ok," he walks fast towards a staircase near the sign board and step two stairs at a time. While he is stabilizing his breath on the top stair, he tries to find the hall door. He also finds an empty desk besides the door, so he pulls the chair and sits calmly. He looks around and sees that the hall is kind of big and already filled with first year students. Everyone looks like city people, he feels like an outsider out of sudden.

 

--- 

 

Youngjae is walking from the hall to classes and classes. He passes by the staff room, office and most importantly the library that are on second floor. And as always, school clinic, cafeteria and assembly hall is at the ground floor. He also knows where are the science labs and the parks by looking at the school map. He loves the school scenery, it is so breathtaking. Though it is in the city, it does not have much pollution. Also, the school is in front of roads, but it does not become noisy because the school building is behind the field.

 

While he is walking and remembering all the places, a strong wind crushed him until he was about to fall down but he quickly grabs the railing on the corridor. "Wow! What was that?" He is so clueless about what just happen. "Why is he running so fast?" he raise up his arm and looks at his watch. "OMFG I'm late," he is now running back to the hall too. On the way to his seat, he somehow got a flash of a boy face. He has short bang, light chocolate colored, hair, crescent eyes, a mole under one of his eyes, a sharp nose and plump lips. Conclusion? A great face everyone will adore. 

 

"Ok students, settle down. The orientation will start now," Youngjae sits down at the good time as the first session starts. Youngjae is not the one who always late, so he is sort of lacking on his first day in school, he thought. But, as soon as the orientation starts, he keeps on wondering who is the guy he just saw. "He doesn't looks like my grade," he frowns. 'I wish I will be in the same class as him,' Youngjae prayed. 

 

The slots goes on smoothly. Youngjae noted all the rules, teachers name, school's song and the other information he thinks might help him in school for that two years. When it is lunch, he gets ready to take out his sandwiches. "Hurm, what if I try to find that handsome looking guy, huh?" he smirk then giggles to himself. "So pathetic. Gosh! Oh well, whatever." He walks out the door at his row and goes to the door he saw the boy. 

 

"He left his bag, so ..where's he? Aigoo," he decides to just put the plastic contained a sandwich on his crush desk. Yeah, he now named "that boy" his first official crush in his first day and year in new and high school. He wants to wait for him, but he just cannot waste his time like that, staring to the chair his crush just sat. He goes to the library to occupied his time, it is more than worth it for him.

 

Bell rang and first year students are running back to the hall. They filled the hall in a blink of an eye. Youngjae who has already sat, turns back to look at his crush place. "Why's he so late? The teacher'll be m- oh! There he i-," He is now in a lost of words condition. He cannot believe it. His crush is so damn perfect. He spend his ten minutes time adoring the boy face like a real stalker with hand on his chin and eyes glittering until the next slots starts. He tries to remember all his crush details. From what he do; stripping a paper from his notebook and doodle anything, and to how he sat. He is now questioning if his crush actually did ate his sandwich. "Oh well, never mind. At least I know I put it myself," he turned to look in front and focused through out the slots until the last period.

 

---

 

"Ah! So boring. Hell, just why I choose this school? This is a school that only suits smart kids," he huffs. "Look at them! So nerd. Big glasses, button their shirts until the collar, noted all the teachers saying. I wish I can live here," he is rambling alone when there is a free time between one slot with another. "and, look at the teachers! All looking so neat. I hate it," he smashes his head to his desk.

 

"Hey, you're alright?" Suddenly someone is talking to him.

 

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine," he did not raise up his head until the last word and only gestured it with his hand. When he finally looking at the other, the person gasps. "What? What's wrong?" Daehyun is afraid.

 

"Oh, nothing."

 

Daehyun ignores him now. But, he hears him saying "Girls, he's handsome, better look at him" and the girls are like "Wow~! You're right!" "He's mine!" "No! He's MINE" "His my boyfriend, you guys shut the up." Daehyun turns his head to them and they are quiet, but some of them is waving him and shows some heart to him. He feels disgusted about it. 'What? Is this real?! It's just the first day' he rambles in his mind. He just hope his year will turn out well enough. 

 

He listened to the teachers "speech" calmly until his stomach starts to grumbles. "Oh ! I didn't breakfast!!"

 

"Students, lunch is after this. You guys may go to the cafeteria -"

 

Daehyun sprang from his chair to the stair cases and search for the cafeteria just after heard the word. He missed to listen where it is and when they must be in the hall again. But he did not mind at all. All he cares was his stomach crying for food, and he feels like dying. He was ..lost! "Now, where is that ing sign board just now?" he cannot find the cafeteria at all. Not even the sign board that helps him to find the hall. He is sweating like hell and his stomach is going to mad at him any time soon. 

 

Suddenly, the bell rings. "What?" He saw the students from the hall run back to stairs to reach the hall as soon as possible. "! I don't get food' He caress his stomach like a little baby and says "I'm sorry. I'll fill you once school finished, k?" By that, he walks to the hall, not enough energy. When he reaches his sits, he sees a plastic with a sandwich in it. He harshly sits down and open the wrap and eats. "Wow! That was fast." he laughs at his own thought about he eating it so fast without even bother whose it is. 

 

---

 

The four days orientation were great for both Daehyun and Youngjae. Daehyun got his food ready on his desk every time and Youngjae grinning all day because he got to see his crush. The only things spoiled Daehyun's days were the students were gossiping about him. He is now that popular, way more popular than he was in Busan when Channie hyung was there. He cannot stands it, but he must. 'It was just the first week, Daehyun. You must study and, you can do this! They won't harm you like what had the stalker done to your beloved hyung. ' Daehyun kept saying that all the miserable days he got.

 

And that also made Youngjae so not comfortable, I mean, uncomfortable. He cannot share his crush with others, not even a second! He tried to keep an eye on him, but the boy always sat at the back. Since he cannot see clearly, he must sat in front. At least, he had learned the boy's name on their third day in school when the teachers were distributing tags name. He was being a good student that time, helping the teachers, so he got to find his crush name.

 

'Isn't this's awesome? I'm in front of him, and he's looking at me.' Youngjae blushed. 

 

"Dude, where's mine?'

 

"Oh, oh. Sorry. Name?"

 

"Daehyun. Jung Daehyun. Now, faster!"

 

Youngjae was taken aback when he heard his crush shout at him. 'This isn't easy,' he thought. Then, he quickly search for the name and gave it to his Daehyun. Yeah, "his". "Here," he said when handing it to him. 'Jung Daehyun, ok. Keep that on mind, Youngjae. I'm goin' to see you again, Busan boy," Do not be so surprise, since Daehyun's accents is so thick. Everyone can notice that he is from Busan by one word.

 

The days passed by just like that. Youngjae is now giving the lunch with a sticky note written to Daehyun like 'Hey, Busan Boy! Eat~' and 'Yo Daehyun, I like you!'. 

 

Daehyun cannot stop laughing when he read the two sticky notes again that he still kept. He was laying on his bed, reading it over and over again. He giggles to himself when he imagined how his secret admire will look like. The only one who he tells his name to was the guy that gave his name tag, but he kicked away the thought that he is the one who might be his admirer, because he "well, so nerd," he was laughing hardly again.

 

---

 

"Ok students. This will be the last slot for your orientation. After lunch, you guys will be sitting on an exam that will determine your class for entire year. Those who are in express class please take place in front row. You may dismiss."

 

Youngjae is happy about the examination, and he hopes Daehyun are too. Hearing that students from express class will be group in front, he is more excited about that because saw that yesterday Daehyun wore a black shoes, so he is going to sit besides him or rather near him. That was his plan.

 

Once he sees Daehyun stands up from his seat, he step out of the door and goes right away to Daehyun's desk. Putting it on the desk, he whispered "Eat well, sweetheart," and taps the lunch box. While he is walking back to the front door, he bumps with Daehyun. He gasp when there is a thought came that Daehyun might know he is the one who secretly puts all the food on his desk. With that thought, he walks away quickly from him and avoids eyes contact. Sitting on his chair, he leans and sigh. "That was close" he wipes his sweat on his forehead with his back hand.

 

Daehyun is shock. "I thought I'm famous" he walks to his sit. "Oh, food" he chews it while smiling widely. "Hey, wait. Isn't that the guy- Naah! He won't be" he shakes his head. Suddenly, the bells rang. "Should I go in front?" he sigh. "I wish I'll be getting friend" Since he is one of the students that got in express class, he must take the exam in front rows.Choosing empty sits, he takes out his pencil box from his bag and ready for the teacher announcement. He just want the day to past quickly as tomorrow is weekends. He must rest tonight and get ready for busy day for his works.

 

"Dude, that's the guy."

 

"Where?"

 

"Besides him"

 

While Daehyun is day dreaming about his cheesecake, he heard people talking. He turned his head and surprised that three little dorkies are looking at him with crescent eyes, shining white teeth and hands waving. One of them is with chocolate hair, the other is blond with weird triangular bangs while the next one is handsome, but he knows he is more with black spiky hair. He awkwardly waved them back, in manly ways. 

 

"Hey, we can be friend?" Daehyun is surprised when the brunette voiced.

 

"Uh? O-oh, sure. I'm Daehyun."

 

"I'm Ken! That one is Ravi," pointing to the one who starts the conversation first, "and that handsome one is Hongbin! Nice too meet you, Daehyun" he speaks with his brightly toned voice. Ken is the sweet guy, energetic of everything. Ravi, the manly one, loves to rap about everything. Hongbin, being a flower-boy-next-door he is, only grinning.

 

"Nice to meet you guys too," Daehyun hesitates.

 

"Ok, well. You're from Busan aren't you?" Hongbin finally speaks up when there is a moment of silence between them.

 

"Yeah. And you guys ar-?

 

"We're all lived in Seoul." Ken said before Daehyun can even finish his question.

 

Conversations starts like that. They talk about how Daehyun moved, but he did not tell the true story, how lovely Busan is, is Daehyun having fun in Seoul, where did he lived, not the exact address Daehyun told them, where he works and the talks goes on about the three of them too. But, they were cut off when a lady announce that the exam will start as soon as all the students get the papers.

 

---

 

The following Monday, Daehyun walks to school kind of early. He finally gets friend, and he is happy about it. He hopes he can meet his secret admirer that day, or maybe knows who he is. And, he still want to eat all the delicious food he got from last week. Even if it was a sandwich, he feels it so special. He cannot have them when weekends, so he is craving for it like hell. For the three friends he met last Friday, he wants to be the same class with them, He thinks that they are seems like a good influence to him, and most importantly, no looking as nerd as they sound "genius".

 

Youngjae is also anticipating the day so much. He prayed all the two days he will be getting a chance to be in the same class as his crush. He made a special meal today. Only for his Daehyun. A cheesecake!  He once heard Daehyun saying about cheesecake when he is sleeping and it is break time. So, he assume that it is maybe his favorite until he can dream about it, right? He walks to school as usual, and line up at the assembly hall. He sees Daehyun entering the hall too and he is looking for somebody. "Huh, they won't bother you anymore, my dear."

 

Youngjae saw Daehyun talking happily with three strangers, for him.He sort of finds himself hating them because get a chance to talk to his Daehyun and get to close with him. He cannot let it be like that. What if they has the same class as Daehyun? What if Daehyun will always sticks with them? What if Daehyun does not bother about his food anymore? Or maybe, what if Daehyun will not even saw him? He just cannot think about it all day long on the last Friday. But so, everything was settle now. The three es have been transferred to other school as a reason that their marks is more qualified to be at a more classy school. 

 

Daehyun wanders around the assembly hall to search for his friend, but none of their presence is sense by Daehyun. "Hurm, it sokay. I won't die without them tho." He sigh. He is disappointed, but maybe this is the best way. He will be moving every month, so he better not to make such a good friend here and there. He will not be in much trouble and never has the problem that is hard for him to forget his friend. Searching for his line, he stands there, absentmindedly.

 

"Class arrangement starts now." A student that they assume a part of students council said. "The names I call out is for class 4-1. Please make a new line at the right side of this stage." 

 

When the student keep on calling out names, Youngjae decides to only hear Daehyun name first, then only he wants his name to be called. Since Daehyun sir name alphabet is earlier from Youngjae's it is easier for him to know where his crush sits in. 

 

"Jung Byunghee. Jung Daehyun. Jung Eunj-"

 

Until Daehyun name is called out, Youngjae quickly widen his eyes and "Wow! He's smart," he looks around to see if his crush has stood up and lined. Well, of course he is. But, he realizes something that when Daehyun's name was called out, the girls was fangirling, half-shouting "Busan oppa! Busan oppa!" and Youngjae felled so annoyed about it. 'Just shut up you es'

 

His name is finally called out and he made it to be in the same class as Daehyun. He is very thankful to God, this is really will be his best year in school ever. Entering the class, the students are introduced to their classroom teacher named Jeon Hyosung. They make the arrangement sits that puts Youngjae besides the window on the first row and Daehyun on the same row but in front of the whiteboard. Youngjae is just glad everything is going so well. He can believe that his year will be great. 

 

---

 

Day by day passes. Youngjae stalks Daehyun wherever he goes, even his house and his work place. He eats at the ice cream and yogurt shop every weekends and watch all the match that Daehyun joined. The food is a daily routine with each day of different menus. He wants the best for his crush. The notes is becoming sweeter and sweeter. He knows Daehyun will never know who, because he is great with keeping his identity as secret. 

 

One day, that is almost a month that year, Youngjae found out that Daehyun did not have a cell phone when he heard his boss asking him about his number. Youngjae decides on giving him a phone that day, despite food he usually does. He bought it the day he heard the conversation between Daehyun and his boss and it is a couple phone! He just hope Daehyun will take it, without much questioning in his mind.

 

When it is lunch, he put a nicely wrapped box inside Daehyun's bag. He also wrote a note "Use it wisely, will you? Please accept -Food,"

 

 

 

 

The bell rang that showed it is the last period and time to go home. Daehyun pick up his bag and walk casually out of the school to his house. It is the last day of school in January, and he will be schooling at other town the next week. Arrived home, he packed his bag to moved out, but he saw something that is not belonged to him. "What is this? The note is creepy," he opened the wrap and was seriously surprised as it was a phone. He switch on it and discover that it is already filled with applications. Since he is not that smart in gadgets, and money is not helping him to have a phone, he just keep it anyway. Plus, he will not be seeing them again.

~~~~~

Annyeong! I'm at last updated LOL Thanks for commenting. This is Ch2. Thanks for reading. Do comments your thought. I'm just a kiddo, newbie and English is not my favorite~ And, oh! I'm writing new fic -> "Never Give Up