Channie Hyung

I Remember

 

 

Himchan is humming happily while sitting on the rows of red metal lockers. He has been doing that routine ever since he left school that was almost four months ago. He loves seeing his friends chatting, giggling, kicking, make fun of others, opening the locker under his legs, smiling widely, students running to classes when the bell rang, teachers scolding the one who was late, them who being punished outside the class because some reason and ..well, he loves it all that happens to teenagers in middle and high school. He enjoys it so much since he cannot experience it anymore. He was actually ...

---
 
"Yah! Stop talkin' can ya?" Bang Yongguk who is famous with his deep voice, muscular body, handsome face and intelligences finally voices what his brain kept for what he feels like eternity. He just cannot stands it anymore. It has already been three months and twentynine days, but non of them can keep their mouth shut. His group has been in silent for all that time thinking that the rumors will be gone anytime soon. But now, it just getting worst and even the teachers do not know what to do since even them do not know the truth. Well, not after the truth was revealed. 
 
BANG 
 
Daehyun rises his head. "What was that?' His eyes widen when he sees a hole in one of the locker that glued to the wall. He remembers the basketball that is now in the locker is actually spinning on one of Bang Yongguk's finger. He does likes doing that because in their school, MR Middle & High School, only him who can does it. Daehyun actually practices on doing it but never once he got it right. He is back to his senses when he finally realizes what had happened. One of the students that lined along the properly built lockers to give way for him, Bang Yongguk and Zelo make their way to their respective lockers say something but all he heard was his Channie hyung's name, then he heard his Gukkie hyung talks, if he is not day dreaming, finally, a loud bang sound was produced. 
 
So, he is now so sure that his Gukkie hyung already lost his patience on all this that happens starting from a week after new year holidays. But, he does not expect that the basketball will fly towards whoever said those things about his Channie hyung. Well, luckily the gossiper escape fast, or else, he will spend his year coma in ICU. Now, he hears his Gukkie hyung swearing towards the boy. He quickly grabs Bang Yongguk's and Zelo's bag from the back and pull them to their lockers place with head hanging low. He cannot controls all the attentions given towards them when there is no presence of Himchan because only him who can shut them up and make their stare out of their sight.  
 
Himchan is so a kingka in the school, for what others called him, but he always denied it and always said "I'm a friend to all. No kingka or whatever k". He is so a big man, Daehyun just cannot stop thinking of living on Earth without his beloved hyung. His friends were sometimes just not enough and no one can beat his friendship with Channie hyung. Just thinking of his Channie hyung absence can make his life miserable. He just cannot believe that he already lived without that ulzzang hyung for such a good time and he really is still alive. 
 
Upon reaching their lockers which awesomely are besides one another each year, Bang Yongguk shakes his body so that Daehyun will lost his grip from his bag and harshly open his bag also his locker while grumbling something.  
 
"What? I didn't hear you.." Daehyun said with full of sarcasm.  
 
Bang Yongguk takes a deep breath and said, "Daehyun, you can't always do this, you know? Chan will come back. Trust me" 
 
Holding his hyung right shoulder, Daehyun hesitates, "Hyung, can't we just give up? If he did ran away, he would have contacted us like ..long time ago," Daehyun interpreted it with his right hand. "and ..oh man, I can't even think about it" Daehyun continues and let go of Bang Yongguk's shoulder. He averted his gaze to somewhere else to avoid his eyes from tearing.  
 
But, them both are now turning their head to the right that happens to be Zelo spot when they heard a sniff. "Zelo, What's wrong?" They said in the exact same time and gasp when they see Zelo's eyes are red and already pouring tears. The tears are confidently proven have been kept for a long time because they just keep on flowing and flowing, never knows when they will stop and dry from Zelo's precious face. 
 
Daehyun cannot stop patting Zelo's back to keep him secure and ensure him that it is all going to be alright. Bang Yongguk, who the one that cannot do anything and not even thinking of doing anything only stands there, staring at them. He also is now flash backing all their moments when they are so happy together, eating together, not even a single tear escaped from their eyes. Only laughing can be heard when they are together, enjoying school holidays at the amusement park, doing homeworks at the other house, having dinner when they passed their examination with flying colors and all the memories is just so good, until that ing stalker came and destroyed the happiness they four had. 
 
Bang Yongguk is now clenching his right fist, he is also going to explode anytime soon. 'Ah! I can't do this anymore! Let's get that bastard," Bang Yongguk at last blurted out his mind after a second he let his fingers crushed his hard metal locker.  
 
Both Zelo and Daehyun turned their heads towards the leader. Zelo almost chocked on the air because of the sudden action the older hyung did when he continues sniffing. Daehyun jaw is hanging because of his hyung loud voice. They also realized that they are now in the centre of attention of the students as the school bell rang at the same time and they are running to classes when Bang Yongguk shouted his brain. Daehyun quickly hugged the giant maknae before his tears burst even more. They are now half sitting and Daehyun whispered to Bang Yongguk, "Hyung, we better get the hell out of here." 
 
"STUDENTS, GET INTO CLASS. NOWWW~!" the speaker sounds. "YOU THREE, OFFICE." As the announcement ends, all the students are making the 'wah~' sounds. 
 
Daehyun glares to his hyung but he ignores it. Zelo, who is in the secure hug of Daehyun suddenly standing up and act like a tough man. He wipes his tears and tries to stop the sobs. He pulls Daehyun up, patting Bang Yongguk's shoulder, he said, "We gotta do this. right hyung?" He lets his voice out and stables it. He finally smiling widely and shows his shining white teeth. The both hyung cannot hold themselves but smile too. Suddenly, they start giggling an then laughing about nothing which only they knew it. 

---
 
Himchan is on the opposite locker of theirs all the time the free show was held. His expression was all different every time the scene changed. He just cannot stop thinking about them, eventhough they cannot see him. For him, he is always with them, forever. When the time his Guk mentioned about his stalker, he thinks of getting his revenge. But, he will always consider his friends first. He will not leave the school for such a useless thing. His stalker, who not even he knows, will get the pay back sooner or later. For now, what is important, his friends. He wants to be with them until he sees the light to take him to heaven.  
 
--- 
 
Daehyun, Himchan, Bang Yongguk had been friends since middle school. They lived in Busan for years since birth maybe and they are neighbors. All of their family members knew each other. They would hang out every chance they had when they started attend middle school together. Though they are not in the same classes as they are not in the same grade except Himchan and Bang Yongguk, they will always walk to school together, met at lunch and walk from school together. They are all so happy in school as they are popular and smart enough. They also had the appearance that male will be jealous of and female will be craving for. But them, they just lived in their own world. The happiness, enjoyment and friendship, that is all that matters. But, that all do not stay long when they reached the last year of middle school. Everything had turned upside down, especially Himchan's. 
 
Everything had changed. Himchan had that pale face, rarely talks, avoid people, barely attends school, even only stays at home when weekends which are the exact opposites of his personality. Everyone is concern of his changes, and totally, his best friends will not stay quiet about it. Bang Yongguk, who is being the bestest best friend that time, tries to talk to Himchan several times. But, Himchan will use all his chances to ignore his Guk's calls, make himself invisible in crowds and even in class. The thing that makes the students curious is, Himchan's attendants always full in the first month after the incident. 
 
It was his birthday, together with a special celebration of the school that they will give presents to their crushes. It is not weird for Himchan to get plenty of it and more than the rest of s get. But lately, he always get gives, like a week after the new year starts. The things were like chocolates, t-shirts, stationery and even he gets an iPad Mini. But, for that one, he just leave it under his desk hoping that tomorrow, it will be gone so that no one will actually thinks that the iPad was his. He does not really into gadgets, even he rarely used his phone that his father forced him to use since his father was a big business man that always went overseas. Only internet will cut off the bill a little bit. Himchan just goes with it. 
 
"Uwah, hyung! That chocolate box looks great. Let's open it?" said Zelo with his begging voice and puppy eyes. Himchan just nod, and Zelo excitedly opens it since he does not actually get anything great. What he had the most was fan letters which he know the content that is surely 'I LOVE YOU OPPA!' because he had all the same each year. He suddenly sigh, "Hurm, it's not delicious, hyung," he pout without bothering if his hyung sees his cute expression or not. But, he is concern when he did not get the usually reaction form his hyung that is a smack on his head but only a silence. He turned his head to his hyung and was totally surprised that Himchan's head was laying back with his right hand holding an opened blue chocolate box like a faint person. 
 
He quickly stood up and shook his hyung slim body. "Hyung! Hyung! HYUNG~" He is now so nervous. He did not know what to do, seriously. "OMFG Where's the others?" He turn his head all around the park to search for other members, but none of them showed up. He ran to the cafeteria nearby and looked for his hyungs. He saw them from back and harshly grab their arms. "Gukkie hyung, Hyunnie hyung! Palli! Something happens to Channie hyung." 
 
Bang Yongguk who is gathering his feet to be in a good walk, suddenly running to the park they usually sit when he heard his Chan name. Reaching there, he went to Himchan and totally surprised. "Zelo! What happened?!" 
 
Zelo who was just arrived with Daehyun, stuttered, "I-I'm just e-eating his c-chocolate, then I-I turned m-my head, h-he already l-like t-this," Bang Yongguk was shocked when Zelo suddenly knelt and grab his pants crying. "H-hyung, it's-it's not my f-fault." Bang Yongguk rub Zelo's head and said, "No, no~ It's not your fault. Stop crying,' He helped Zelo stood and continues while his eyes to Daehyun, "Now, let's hurry. We bring him to the hospital." 
 
"Why not just to the school clinic?" Daehyun asked. 
 
"Nah, I bet there's no one. It's lunch, remember?" 
 
"Oh, ok. Zelo, packed his things in class. And, tell the teacher too. Seeya," said Daehyun when Bang Yongguk put one of Himchan's arms on his shoulder for another support.  
 
--- 
 
"Yes, Principal Lee. We understand. This will not be repeated again, trust me." Bang Yongguk breaks the silence after a long nag from their Principal when they just sit in the room like the announcement asked them to. 
 
"Ok, then. You guys may leave for class now." By that, Bang Yongguk quickly stands up from his sits but suddenly the Principal continues, "Oh wait! There's something I need you to see." He turns his chair, and take a file from the table at the back. He hands it to Bang Yongguk. He sits back, and take the file. He opens it and reads ..his eyes widen, his jaw hanging, his voice runs away, his body suddenly feels like a big rock on it, he is sinking from the reality.  
 
The two boys that are besides him, quickly takes a look at it too. The reactions are exactly the same as their hyung's. Daehyun cups his face with both hands preventing from the others to see his tearing eyes. "I told you hyung. It's true." He mumbles underneath his hand. It is all true. The rumors, the things that is all in their mind, is all the truth. Non of them is false, just the people who make them are wrong, because they do not have the proof. But now, everything has proven by the document from hospital and police office.  
 
The document is actually filled with Himchan's data. The truth is ..he was actually dead. After the day they sent him to the hospital, he know that he is sicks. He got food poisoning from the chocolate he ate and all the food gifts given to him everyday. He know he will die sooner or later as the poison is spreading faster day by day. Because of that, he changes his personality that he thinks people will forget about him. But, he was wrong, he is an important person, everyone will talk about him. That's why, he stays in school because everyone keeps calling him. He can't just go when people still think about him. He also asked his mother to just keep quiet about this, he does not want any of his friend crying in front of his body when he is dead back then.

Watching the scene, the Pricipal stand up and said, "I'll leave you guys to settle down," and with that, he exits his own office to let the boys have some privacy since he knows that they four are so close. He can't just keep quiet when the document is sent to the school like two days ago. The other teachers also did not know about it yet. The Pricipal will be so guilty if he does not show it to the trio.

Zelo suddenly taps Bang Yongguk's shoulder. He looks at Zelo and just using his eyes and head to ask 'what?' Zelo points to the glass door shakingly as he is trying to stop crying. Daehyun also raises his head and went to look at it. They all look at each other in sequence, suddenly ideas are coming like tsunami in their brain. They stand silently from the squeaking chair, and tip toe-ing to the door. Daehyun turns the knob and burst it open. The one who is peeping his ear at the door frightens and stands straight. He quickly turns and acts like nothing has happened. He quicken his pace when he heard the door close. 

"Hey, wait up!" All three of them shout to the boy when they are at the hall way. 

The boy with green short sleeve shirt, B.U.M jeans and one-side-shaved hair stops his walks when he heard "Hey, Moon Jongup. Stop there." He frozen. That voice, the voice he misses so much, that person, the person he loved so much, that one, the one he killed.

'H-himchan?"

"Hey, who are you to call me like that? I'm your hyung" His voice is still the same. Jongup wish he can see his face again for the last time, but he also knows that it is impossible, completely impossible.

"Y-you are d-dead"

"Yeah, dude. You make me"

'I-I'm sorry. I-I never h-had the i-intention." Jongup stutters even more. "I did not know that it's poisoned. I'm really sorry hyung. I love you"

'Huh, love? Ya right' Himchan said in his mind. "Whatever kid. Now, you better say the truth to them" said Himchan while pointing his finger to the trio that are metres from Jongup's back. Though Jongup cannot see it, but he knows Jongup understands because he saw Jongup's nod. "or else, you're dead too. Just like ..ME!"

Jongup body's freeze even more than before, he slowly turns his body to face the three angry boys. Upon turning, he sees a tall young boy with school uniforms and blue mushroom hair. "H-hyung, are you ok?" He felt his body been shaken. "Uh? I-I'm ok. Why?"

"Oh, nothing much. You're just standing here for a long time and also, you don't response when we called you."

"Us?" asked Jongup curiously. Then, he saw the other two at his back who are now coming closer to them. "Oh, them." he nod. "You called me? I'm sorry for that. By the way, why is it?"

"Urm, you left this in the office ..Moon Jongup," said Daehyun handing a file that written 'Moon Jongup' on it.

"Ah!" 'You such a pabo Moon Jongup,' he is now face palming in fantasy. "Thanks. Then, I'll get going. Nice to meet you guys." He is now starting to walk through the hall and out of the entrance door. But, something is bothering his mind.

"Jongup, I'm watching you~"

He sighs. He cannot just leaves the school like that. Take all his documents and ran from the problems? Hurm, it is not a good idea. He cannot just escape the reality and faults he has done. He is truly sorry, but he does not know how to tell people and confront them. He cannot even confess his love to the one he liked the most since he lived, that is Himchan, the most famous boy in school, the most handsome man he ever saw. He moved into the school when new year starts, and he already starts his moves a week later, but Himchan never saw him. Well, it is what he thought. The actual thing is, Himchan saw everyone. He is so regret of buying cheap chocolates.

He has made his decision now. He stops, and kneel in front of the kingkas. He prayed that this will be the last he will meet them, because he will be so damn embarrassed after that. "GUYS, I'M SORRY FOR MOVING HERE. I'M SORRY FOR LIKING YOUR FRIEND. I'M SORRY FOR STALKING HIM. I'M TOTALLY SORRY FOR ALL THE CHOCOLATES I GAVE HIM. LASTLY, I'M SORRY I KILLED HIM," His eyes is now swarming with tears. He cannot controls it anymore, he stands up and ran out.

The three boys are stiffen. "What?" They are all so clueless. What had happened? Who is he? Why he did that? Why he say like that? And ..killed? Oh~ Now everything is clear. 

By that, Himchan's soul disappears from the school. His last wish is just people stop talking about him. And it was fulfilled.

---

It is the end year holiday. Daehyun decided to leave Busan and forget all his memories. Leave them behind with not even single thing sticks in his head anymore. All about his Channie hyung, Gukkie hyung, Zelo, also that Jongup boy. He wants to live a new life. A true life that are not covered with dreams. Plus, he will be in his first year in high school. Since he really did live alone back in Busan, he can go anywhere he wants without anyone telling him what to do. He can enters any school,  friend with anyone and live anywhere. 

He makes up his mind to live in the capital city of South Korea, Seoul. Upon reaching there by bus, he had found a house to rent. He also found a job at an ice cream and yogurt shop. He did not attempt to have friends there since he will be a wonderer now. Living as a nomad, a tramp and never stops at one place to set up his camp. It is his new aim for new year. His new school will be TS High School.

~~~~~~

Annyeong! YOOHOO I'm at last updated LOL Thanks for subscribing before I post anything and with those ty description. This is Ch1. Thanks for reading. Please comment, I need to know what you think about it since this is my first writing ever. Do comments my mistake. I'm just a kiddo, newbie and English is not my favorite~ And, oh! I changed the title, also from one-shot to chapters. Sorry for any inconvenience