Don't Be Afraid

Hello Venus Drabble Collection

It's just a few more days before the girls' comeback stage. They're practicing dilligently as ever at their practice room. As that day was nearing, different kinds of emotion filled them; anxiety, eagerness, etc.

But Yoonjo's nervousness was beyond words; we can't blame her because it's only her second time.

"Yah! Focus, Yoonjo-yah! It seems that you're mind is not here!" screamed the oldest unnie, Alice.

"Is there anything wrong?" their leader, Ara asked with a worried tone.

"Nothing. I'm fine." Yoonjo answered.

As they continued practicing their choreography. Yoonjo's mind drifted farther. And in one swift moment - her ankle twisted.

"Aagghh!" she blurted in reflex to the sharp pain that she felt.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Lime asked, who was beside her at that time.

"Y-Yeah. I just s-slipped." she replied in a shaky voice.

At that moment, a lot of things flasbacked to her. It brought back memories of their debut stage; how she was not able to perform with the other members and promote with them. It was a very traumatic experience for Yoonjo, she had been through much suffering. A thought came to her mind as she felt the pain on her ankle "What if history repeats itself", she had just recovered and started performing with the members; she trembled at the thought.

"I-I'll head b-back first..." she was now stuttering as she held back her tears from the other members.

She head back to the dorm, enduring the pain as she left the practice room. She sat on her bed, facing the wall, knees bent, face buried and arms wrapped around it. She started sobbing as the possibilities flooded her mind.

A sudden pair of hands slithered around her waist from the back.

"Yoonjo-yah, don't be afraid. We're all here - I'm here..." it was Ara.


Her backhug was full of warmth, care and love for the other girl, and Yoonjo felt that too.

"I won't let you go through that pain again. Everything will be alright." she added as she rest her head on Yoonjo's shoulder.

Her words were like magic that relieved Yoonjo of all her burden and gave her strength and assurance.

"A-Ara-yah..." she cried between her sobs, as she turned her head towards Ara.

Their faces now just an inch apart. Ara's lips moved.

"Don't be afraid."

 


~ end ~