If You Only Knew

Hello Venus Drabble Collection

It was a hot summer afternoon in Hello Venus' practice room. The girls just finished practicing their choreographies. Nara went out to buy some cold drinks for the girls - just like the umma she was. The practice room was filled with deafening silence as the other members lay half dead on the floor.

Ara was exceptionally irritated by the heat, she had always hated summer, it takes the toll out of her. Suddenly, a girl stood up - it was Lime. The short-haired girl started to dance and Ara from behind watched as she magnificently executed the dance moves. Ara had always admired Lime's dancing. Oh, Ara admired a lot of things about Lime - now that she thinks about it, she adores Lime.

As Lime started to sing her lines, Ara's ears felt some sensation, she felt the heat being overwhelmed by the girl's cool voice - her lips were forced to a smile. She wished for this moment to last forever as she watched Lime sing and dance. Ara hated the fact that she cannot express her feelings, that she was the leader and that of all people it would be her member that she would fall in to. But this image was enough to satisfy her insatiable admiration for the other girl.

The door opened; it was Nara, holding up the drinks that she bought. The other girls rushed towards Nara, except Ara who only bowed her head. A sharp dose of regret shot through Ara's mind as her own world collapsed but then a hand suddenly touched Ara's shoulders.

"Ara unnie! here's your water!". It was Lime.


"Thanks...". Ara said as she took the water from Lime.

"I noticed that you were watching me. Did I do good? Did you like it?"

"Yes..."


In Ara's mind, there was another sentence that she cannot speak out.

"Hyelim-ah.. if you only knew... how much... I..."


 


~ end ~