Chapter 1

Detective SeKai in The Crying House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The bell behind the door to the Sherlockers rang and Kai immediately raised his head to see who it was. To his disappointment, it was just the post boy, Lucas, coming in to leave the letters on the front desk as what Suho, their team leader requested. He always comes at this time, 2pm.

Kai sighed and went back to sweeping the floor. Two months had passed since Kai last saw his teammates. The two of them left for a case two months back without Kai as he sprained his ankle then. So the two of them left him to recover while they left for the nearby town.

“When will they ever return?” He thought to himself.

The bell rang again and Kai knew that Lucas was gone. But, then it rang the third time.

“Could it be Suho and Dyo?”

Kai excitedly look up to see Lucas again.

“He must have forgotten something…” Kai thought and was about to carry on sweeping.

 

Then Kai heard Lucas speak.

“Here it is!”

Kai looked over at the door and saw another guy with Lucas.

“Thank you!” The other guy said.

“You’re welcome.” Lucas said and left.

The stranger looked around the place a bit before turning over to Kai. Then, his eyes’ and Kai’s met.

 

In a fairly polite tone, the stranger said, “You must be Mr Kim right? The person in charge of this detective agency.”

The stranger spoke in a really keen tone, which wasn’t something people would usually use when talking to a stranger they needed something from. Manner, was what Kai found more important. Though the stranger did attempt to be polite. Kai really wanted to help him, but the Mr Kim he was looking for was probably Suho.

Kai didn’t want to lie to him, but he didn’t want to disappoint him either. That stranger must have come from elsewhere, if not he wouldn’t not know where Sherlockers was. Kai didn’t want the stranger to leave disappointed, like some travellers who came from afar just to see Suho and his team for the past two months.

Kai did take up some cases on his own while Suho was gone, but only simple ones. And some people didn’t trust only Kai to break their cases.

“Yes, may I help you with anything?” Kai said. Kai wasn’t exactly lying to him, right? Kai’s surname is Kim too, and without Suho being around, Kai was in charge, right?

“Great! I’ve finally met you! I came from Ancuicity, also known as the Port of Winds! I came in hope that I can be a detective training under you!”

 

Kai was astonished. The last time someone came to ask for apprenticeship was about three years ago, and that person was Dyo. Not saying that Suho accepted everyone who came; the person who came before Dyo got rejected flat. Kai didn’t know why. And all Suho said to him was, “That boy, he’s not the one.”

Now that Suho has yet to return, Kai didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter