Lost in Confusion

Finding You in my Arms

Chapter three: Lost in Confusion.

Kai had been at your house for a number of days now, you had lost count but you insisted that he was to stay until he was better. You still had work and things like that but you trusted him enough that he wasn’t going to go through your stuff. It wasn’t like you had much to hide anyway but that really wasn’t the point, it was the point that you had privacy and that it was to be respected. You respected his space and privacy and so you wanted the same. Every now and then when you had returned you had seen your best friend and Kyungsoo over, they had serious faces until they had seen you and that made you suspicious, you knew something was up but what you really had no idea.

“________,” Kai called out knowing you were still in your bedroom and that was one place he never dared to go in there considering that was your shrine and he understood that of course. You opened the door half asleep your hair still a mess looking at him with a half dead stare. You didn’t realise that he had called out to you to see if you were going to work or not but because you were working late last night you weren’t even considering it at all.

“Yes Jongin?” you said your voice hoarse from being half asleep. You hadn’t actually gotten home from work until early hours of the morning so you didn’t understand why he was there but then again he probably didn’t realise you got back so late. Kai looked at you, your messy hair and Pyjamas made you look cute in his eyes. You noticed he was staring and slowly you hid behind the doorway, he hadn’t seen you in this sort of attire before only because you had made sure of it. “Is there something you want?” you didn’t mean to sound harsh, you were just tired.

“Oh, I was just seeing if you needed to be woken up?” he said casually sort of confused to why you were still half asleep “But if not, I am sorry yeah?” he shrugged lightly when he was like that you also thought he was being cute and so it made you smile. It was a shy smile and if it wasn’t for the fact that you were still unsure with him and what your relationship was with him you would have hugged him but of course you didn’t as you were far too shy.

“Not today, I got in early this morning, work has been crazy busy as of late,” you explained stepping out of your room to stand in front of Kai “But seeing as I am awake how about we have breakfast together,” you suggested and he nodded liking the idea of spending more time with you, he wanted to know more about you considering you weren’t really open to giving a lot of information about yourself to a person you didn’t really know. “How are your injuries at the moment Jongin?” you asked making conversation as you looked what there was in the fridge to cook. You were pretty talented in the kitchen or at least you liked to think so anyway and slowly you grabbed out a carton of eggs and random other ingredients to make an omelette.

“Yeah, my injuries are actually going pretty well, I think I will be well enough to leave by tomorrow,” he admitted even though it was a lie, he was healthy enough to leave two days ago but he wasn’t going to say that because that would be very inhuman of him to heal so quickly, he wanted to spark conversation with you but the problem was what kind of thing was good to talk about? He thought about a topic but he wondered if it would be suspicious or not “What are your thoughts on supernatural beings?” he asked a playful tone only hearing you scoff he was interested in your response.

“Supernatural beings?” you replied back while preparing your ingredients “I think a delusional fantasy for those who think of being a victim in a relationship that doesn’t empower her individuality, the thought that someone big and strong can come save you at every step of the way is simply ridiculous,” you were rather strong on your words but to you reading books in that sense was just saying that a woman wanted to go back three steps and depend on a man when independence is more important in the society of today.

“Fair enough,” Kai had responded not sure what else to say, though he did know for a fact supernatural things did exist as he was a werewolf. “You don’t think a relationship between supernatural and human can be equally empowering?” he asked curious at your response as he was intrigued in your opinions and what you had to say on the topic.

“I would say yes but most commonly the human in a relationship like that is generally weaker, even if given the opportunity to show they are independent and strong the supernatural being would be protective and then forth disrupt or take control of the human just because they don’t want their lover to get hurt when humans are of course prone to injury” you had a lot to say on the topic only because most of your friends before you left them behind were into the whole supernatural love story where the woman was weaker. You always believed that women were made greater than what they were pictured as but the only way that could change was when people’s views changed.

“Isn’t it only natural to try and protect the person you love?” Kai playfully shot back as you did have a point but wouldn’t it be understandable to protect the person you love over letting them get hurt. You looked to Kai curiously to why such a topic would be interesting to him, it came out of nowhere but you really didn’t know. You couldn’t help but roll your eyes at his comment of course it’s natural but you didn’t believe that it should affect a person’s freedom.

“I still think regardless that a person should be free to choose, everyone should have freedom,” you answered thoughtfully staring at what you were making for a moment there being a long pause “That is just my opinion though,” you clarified. After the words that you spoke there was a silence while you were cooking, after it was done you served the food to Kai “I want to go for a walk, I shall be back later” you mentioned walking to your room to get changed into something warmer this was your first deep conversation with Kai and unfortunately it had to be over a topic that you hated.

-Finding You in my Arms-

You were walking and it wasn’t your usual slow pace, it was rather fast as you were deep in your thoughts. You hadn’t noticed that there was a person trailing you at that time as you were too wrapped up in what you were doing and thinking to have other senses give you warnings. The person following you wasn’t a person that was considered friendly and of course they were a werewolf as well. You weren’t really thinking where you were going and suddenly took a left bumping into someone to which you started to say sorry “I’m so sorry!” you said bowing profusely slightly embarrassed that you had bumped into someone.

“It’s fine miss,” the male had said, as you were to side step past them they once again stepped in front of you so you couldn’t walk past “Stay, chat a little,” he said but something was telling you to get out of there as quick as possible, there was something telling you there was something not quite right with the male before you.

“I would love to but I can’t I have other places to be,” you answered giving a fake apologetic smile turning around only to see another person behind you, this startled you. “Look I really need to get going,” you insisted once more trying to stay as calm as you possibly could considering you didn’t want to give it away that you were suspicious and scared. “Please step aside,” you were being consistent with your tone and hopefully that would make them leave you alone.

“We’d like to let you go but you have connections with the alpha Kai,” the male in front of you said making you look confused when the word alpha was said maybe it had something to do with the gang rivals Kai had told you earlier.

“Alpha? Is that some sort of gang reference?” you asked and this made them laugh as they thought you were just messing around when you seriously didn’t know what they were talking about. You may have looked defenceless at the current time but you were well prepared just in case something happened considering you really couldn’t trust these men.

“Yeah something like that, but our apologies miss but you have to come with us,” the same male spoke once more and when he had stepped one step you shot out a fist as hard as you could against his jaw, in the confusion you side stepped moving ever so slightly from a grab kicking the disgruntled male into the other one. You didn’t know what that was about but you didn’t think about it as you sprinted the way you came, you now felt like you couldn’t trust anyone. What was going on? Why were those men so eager to take you somewhere, you needed answers and the only person you could get them from was sleeping on your couch.

-Chapter end- 


Author's Note: WOW TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY! I think I am happy with this though I think I have changed the direction of this story, oh well there will still be character developments and things like that considering my writing style has sort of changed since I actually started writing this fic. I hope you like it, again it hasn't been edited I may do that later! XD I really want to keep going but I think two chapters in one day is quite enough. Let me know what you think of it! I really want all different types of feedback

If you loved my story you know what to do subscribe and comment and if you really loved it maybe an upvote? anyway I do hope you love this story lets see where it will go next ;)

Over & Out
Applemonsterouo