chapter 4 : The Past : The Beginning

The Past That Shouldn't Have Been Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV
Jung Yong Hwa was a 14 year old boy who loved to play guitar despite his haelmoni's job as a famous gayageum player in Korea. His haelmoni had told him countless times to stop playing that guitar but no, his love for guitar was too much. He thought that nothing would beat his love for guitar. Until one day, he met with a beautiful young girl at his home.
On a bright shining summer day, Yong Hwa was just arrived at his home after playing soccer with his friends, as he opened the door, he saw a girl, her skin was white as a snow, her lips're rosy red, her hair which was brown and curly was left hanging to her shoulder. And when she saw him, she then smiled warmly at him
"Ah are you Jung haelmoni's grandson? I'm Park Shin Hye, Jung haelmoni's new student, nice to meet you"
The voice. Beautiful as an angel. The moment she smiled to him, he froze, as he was in a lovestruck with her.
Days, weeks, passed in a split second of thunder. Yong Hwa and Shin Hye getting closer day by day. Yong Hwa would always come home exactly when Shin Hye would arrive, and he would join her gayageum class, sometimes making her distracted by his jokes, which earned him a get out kick from his haelmoni. This of course, was realized by his family.
"Aah lover boy" his grandma would always that.
"Shut up haelmoni" he pouted in a cute way.
"Gee, my grandson's so cute when he's in loveeee"" her haelmoni continued to "but look at this old lady who's kindly giving you an opportunity to confess your love"
Yong Hwa's eyebrow raised in confusion. "What do you mean by that haelmoni?"
Her haelmoni smiled genuinely "Next week, I'm going to leave for a competition, they asked me to be a judge there, and.... I would like you to take that opportunity to ask her out" her haelmoni winked at him.
And surely, as a pure 14 years old boy who's finally have his first love, he did that, asked her out on the day her haelmoni left for the competition and felt extremely happy when she told him that she would love to do that.
They went to movies that day, watched an action drama genre, which surprised him that Shin Hye actually like those kind of movies instead of a romantic ones.
She really is amazing, different from any other girls he thought.
After that they went to a restaurant and had their late-lunch there.
The day was about to end soon, Yong Hwa's getting nervous second by second. He looked up to Shin Hye who was smiling brightly. Damn his coward self for appearing in this kind of times.
"Well this is my house, I guess I'll see you the day after tomorrow Yong Hwa-ah! Thank you for today, I really enjoyed my time with you" She said
He then stopped on his tracks, how stupid of him for thinking so long not realizing that they finally reached her house. He curled his fist and took a deep breath. He must do it now.
"Um.. Shin Hye?" He bravely called out her name
"Yes?" Turning back to him, still smiling
"I... I...." He stutterly said
"Hm?"
"I think I love you.... Would you be my girlfriend?" He finally confessed.
Shin Hye's cheeks flushed in red colours. She then walked up to him and kissed him lightly on his cheek
"I.. Actually love you too Yong Hwa-ah, and yes I would like to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter