chapter 5 : The Past : A Betrayed Heart

The Past That Shouldn't Have Been Forgotten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV
The First Day of High School
"Shin, I found a good place for us to rest!" Yong Hwa exclaimed happily.
"Oh? Where Yong?" Shin Hye replied excitedly.
Yong Hwa then took Shin Hye to the big tree in the back of the school. The tree was so big so the place's really cool and comfortable to rest.
"What a nice place!" Shin Hye said happily as she sat on the grass and took out her lunchboxes. She gave one to Yong Hwa "here, I made this for you Yong" Shin Hye smiled shyly "sorry if it doesn't suit your taste"
Yong Hwa was stunned by what her girlfriend did. "You... Made this for me? For real Shin?" He grinned widely
"Well if you don't like it I would just eat it by myself"
"Ah ani ani! There's no way I would do that right" Yong Hwa snatched back the lunch box from Shin Hye and they both eat the lunch that Shin Hye made
"This is..... Daebak! Shin! You would be my great wife in the future!" Yong Hwa exclaimed happily as he gobbled the food impatiently like he never ate food as delicious as Shin Hye made. Hearing what Yong Hwa said, Shin Hye's cheeks turned to red. She imagined her future life with Yong Hwa in one morning, they ate breakfast with their children and Yong Hwa would praise her cookings.
"Omo, why are you so silent Shin?" Asked Yong Hwa which makes Shin Hye snapped out from her daydreaming. He realized that her cheeks had turned so red. "And why are your cheeks so red?" He touched her cheeks gently.
"Um.. Your words... Made me think about our future" She averted her eyes from Yong Hwa so she could hide her embarassment. Yong Hwa's eyes turned softer hearing that. He made Shin Hye's face to turn to him and he leaned forward to Shin Hye's face. Second by second, his face got closer to hers, inch by inch.
"Yo.."
And with that, his lips touch hers in a gentle and soft ways. Their kiss was so magical and it was as if the time stopped when they kissed. Sweet, really sweet. How could her lips taste even sweeter than a spoonful of sugar? He thought as he released his lips from hers. He smirked seeing Shin Hye's flustered face.
"Our first kiss eh?" He said as he pulled Shin Hye to her arms.
"Yong.. You kissed me. On the lips. At School" Shin Hye said almost like a whispered
Yong Hwa nodded. "Indeed, but, we're not doing it in front of public no? From now on, this, will be the place where we could share our affections privately since you don't want to be lovey dovey in public" Yong Hwa chuckled.
"But..."
"No buts" he sealed her lips again and that was that, under the bizarre tree and with the wind that blaze around them. They shared their very first kisses in a sparkle of happiness.
Days passed, they're known as the sweet couple in school, certainly they didn't share any lovey dovey moments like holding hands and kissing in front of public (Shin Hye definitely didn't want to do that) but because how tender Yong Hwa's behaviour to Shin Hye, and how Shin Hye's kindess to him. Not only that, They would always support each other's activity. Shin Hye joined student council since her public speaking, and hard working self supported her to be, and Yong Hwa joined band which consist of 4 people himself as a leader and guitarist, Jong Hyun as the 2nd guitarist, Jung Shin as the bassist, and Min Hyuk as the drummer. When Shin Hye's having a late till afternoon meeting, Yong Hwa would always wait for her and vice versa, that's why they called them the sweet wanted to be couple. But, aside from their busy activities, when the rest time came, they would always go to the back of the school and spent their private time in the grass under the tree by eating their lunch and sharing some sweet kisses there. That was the greatest moment of their life.
Until one day, Park Se Young, found their secret place and tried to intrude them.
One day, when Shin Hye and Yong Hwa were eating their lunch while chit chating, Se Young came to them. They were shocked to see Se Young there since its their own secret place.
"Unnie..." Se Young's fake tears flew down to her cheeks
"What's wrong Se Young-ah? Are you okay?" Shin Hye and Yong Hwa asked in concern.
Se Young sobbed hardly
" I couldn't make friends in my class, they apparently thought that I'm such a geek since I'm younger than them but smarter than them, I don't know what to do Unnie.."
"Ssh it's okay, we, me and Yong Hwa would be there for you, don't cry" Shin Hye shed her tears.
"Then... Can I come along with you two to eat lunch here?"
Shin Hye stole a glance to Yong Hwa, he certainly had some difficulties to share their secret place, and it showed on his face, but Shin Hye, as a kind cousin shrugged it off and mouthed "please" to him which forced Yong Hwa to agree with her and told Se Young that it's okay.
"Thank you Unnie, thank you Yong Hwa oppa!" Se Young said happily as she hugged her unnie and smirked evilly as her plan was a success one.
So days went by, the three of them spent their rest at their secret place. At first Yong Hwa was a little bit feeling disturbed but he couldn't help it, she's her girlfriend's cousin so he must help her too.
"Oppa, you can play guitar right?" Asked Se Young one day during the lunch
"Um hm, why?"
Se Young clapped her hands and told him excitedly that she's been learning guitar and she would like him to teach her more.
"That's nice, you should help her Yong!" Shin Hye agreed with her cousin.
So when Shin Hye was busy meeting with her student council friends, Yong Hwa helped Se Young to learn about guitar. And with that they got closer and closer.
"Yong, I'm finished with my meeting, where're you? You're not at the usual place" she texted him
"Sorry, Se Young and I are going home first Shin, we'd like to stop by the music store, is it alright with you?" He replied
"Of course, be careful on your way:)"
"Yeah, you too"
Shin Hye breathed a sighed of pain. She realized that these days Yong Hwa and Se Young had been a little bit too close. She shook her head hardly. No, she's your cousin and he's your boyfriend, it's natural for them too to get close and build a friendship. You should control your emotion Shin Hye. She thought bitterly as she made her way to her house.
But the thought kept haunting her as she was now practically like being left out by them. During lunch Se Young and Yong Hwa talked a lot about guitar and music and so on. Shin Hye could only smiled while listen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter