ia Beach, VA (Part 1)

Come On Make Me Feel Alive

 

ia Beach, VA


 
After a long day at the beach, Lu Han is sporting a lobster-red sunburn while Tao has only gotten tanner. The three of them walk along the boardwalk as the sun sets.
 
“Just imagine,” Yixing says dreamily, “when we’re in California, we’ll get to see the sunset over the water. Won’t that be beautiful?”
 
“Yeah,” Lu Han sighs, “although Kris is going to be mopey.” The three of them look back at Kris and Joonmyeon, who are walking together several yards away. Joonmyeon’s talking about something and Kris is looking at him as if he can’t believe how lucky he is to have found someone like Joonmyeon.
 
“Or not,” Yixing says, and Lu Han nods in agreement.
 
“He’s definitely in love though,” Lu Han says.
 
Tao scoffs, rolling his eyes dramatically. “How can he be?” he demands. “He met the guy two days ago.”
 
Yixing laughs and pats Tao’s shoulder. “There’s this thing called love at first sight,” Yixing explains. “And I think it happened to Kris.”
 
“But wait, Kris is straight, right?” Lu Han butts in, and Tao sighs as if Lu Han is the world’s biggest idiot.
 
“You were supposedly straight until junior year of high school, remember?” Yixing reminds Lu Han gently. “And then that guy confessed to you and you decided to go out with him just for kicks.”
 
“How did you remember that?” Tao demands. “You can’t even remember what you had for breakfast but you can remember Lu Han’s escapades from high school?”
 
“It wasn’t him that made me bi,” Lu Han shrugs, ignoring Tao. “I’d always liked guys in the back of my mind.” Lu Han looks back at Kris and Joonmyeon. “Joonmyeon would be my type if his hair was brown instead of that reddish shade. Small brunettes are -”
 
“We know,” Tao interrupts loudly, sounding annoyed that he’d been completely ignored. “You do realize that your ‘type’ includes Jessica from your anthropology class last semester, whom you hated. And that it also includes Chen, Xiumin and Yixing?” Lu Han nods.
 
“I know, it’s -” he begins, but Yixing elbows him hard. Lu Han and Tao look at him to see where his gaze is directed, and it appears that Joonmyeon and Kris have stopped walking, and have instead taken to looking at each other.
 
“Do you think...” Yixing starts.
 
“Yeah,” Lu Han grins. “Kris is so getting some tonight.”
 
“Gross,” Tao sneers. “That is not what Yixing meant.”
 
“Guys,” Yixing interrupts. “Look.” They all turn back to their other friend only to see him kissing Joonmyeon insistently. Joonmyeon’s hands are Kris’ shirt and although he has stand up on his tiptoes to reach Kris’ lips, he seems just as interested as Kris does.
 
Tao turns away looking tired. “Okay, I guess maybe Kris is getting some tonight.”
 
 

[A/N]: Just a warning, the next chapter contains . It's not necessary for the plot of the story though, so if you're uncomfortable with reading , please don't feel pressured to read the next chapter! It won't be anything too relevant to the plot line.