New York, NY

Come On Make Me Feel Alive

 

 

 

New York, NY


 
Lu Han’s short temper lasts all of five minutes after the start of the road trip. There is traffic going out of the City, and they are at a standstill in the Lincoln Tunnel. 
 
“If you don’t shut up, I’m going to stuff you in the trunk,” Kris mutters gruffly as Lu Han makes another anguished sound. 
 
Tao just looks nervously back and forth between the two older boys from the passenger seat. 
 
Heaving a sigh, Yixing pats Kris on the shoulder. “Focus on the road,” he says, soothingly, “and you, Lu Han, shut the hell up.”
 
His best friend huffs, but does stop complaining. 
 
“Here,” Yixing says, pulling his iPad out of his bag. He hands it to Lu Han, and slumps back into his seat. They had gotten a late start out of the city, and had a lengthy drive to their first stop. He puts his forehead up against the cool glass window, and gazes out into the tunnel, seemingly endless.
 
“Will we get to Princeton in time for dinner?” Tao asks, eyeing the GPS on the dashboard dubiously. 
 
“Yeah, for sure,” Kris replies. “We’re meeting Sehun for dinner, right?”
 
“Uh...I don’t think it’s dinner,” Lu Han sniggers, eyes not leaving the iPad. “I’m pretty sure it’s only going to be the biggest party of the summer.”
 
“What are you doing?” Yixing asks, peeking over. He rolls his eyes upon seeing the screen, and give Lu Han a rough shove. “Candy Crush Saga? Really?”’
 
Lu Han shakes him off, and continues on about things he has heard about the summer kickoff bash they were attending that night. 
 
Yixing tunes out the talk about the party, and focuses on the lights in the tunnel and the soft R&B over the car radio. Ten minutes later, the emerge from the tunnel, and start moving away from the City. Yixing turns his head back and watches the cityscape get further and further away. 
 
“It’s going to be a great summer,” Lu Han mutters, and Yixing jumps in surprise. The other boy has put aside the iPad, and is instead watching Yixing. 
 
Feeling surprisingly more reassured, Yixing nods. He is ready for the adventure of a lifetime. 

 


[A/N]: some chapters are drabble length, others are longgg. It just really depends.