Las Vegas, NV (Part 4)

Come On Make Me Feel Alive

 

 

Las Vegas, NV 


 
 
Yixing wakes up to his second pounding headache since arriving in Vegas. This time, he is alone in bed with no recollection of how he got there. Then, he rolls over and suddenly remembers. Well, not everything, but he certainly remembers Lu Han's lips on his, and the way Lu Han's skin had felt under his fingers. 
 
.
 
Breakfast is an awkward affair and Lu Han seats himself across the table, as far away from Yixing as he possibly can. Any hope that things could go back to normal or, even, progress, evaporates from Yixing's mind at once.
 
"Let's head out to LA at the end of the week," Kris says, trying to make conversation. "Is that okay, Yixing?"
 
Yixing just nods, eyes fixed on his eggs.
 
"Lu Han?"
 
"Sounds good."
 
"Tao?"
 
"I can't wait to see the Pacific Ocean," Tao answers. He looks back and forth between Lu Han and Yixing and purses his lips.
 
Yixing reaches for the basket of croissants and finds, to his horror, Lu Han doing the exact same thing. Their hands touch for a brief moment, and Lu Han snatches his hand back as if he had just been burned.
 
Suddenly, Yixing is no longer in the mood for french pastries.
 
"Pass the cereal," Kris says weakly, compensating for the awkward atmosphere.
 
Lu Han wordlessly hands over the cocoa puffs.
 
"I'm going to the dance studio," Yixing decides, scraping his chair back in his haste to stand up. He grabs a handful of grapes and feels Lu Han's eyes on his back and he escapes from the suite.
 
 
 
 
Instead of going to Jongin's dance studio, Yixing decides to explore Vegas on his own. He had missed out when the other three toured the city because he had been dancing. Seeing the sights gives him time to think, because holy hell does he have a lot to think about.
 
First of all, making out with Lu Han had been a bad idea, sober or drunk. Lu Han doesn't do relationships, doesn't do feelings, and never has for as long as Yixing can remember. The blond has single handedly broken more hearts than Yixing can count using both of his hands, and he has a sinking feeling that he might be the next one.
 
Nothing is going to be the same anymore, Yixing realizes, but he is not sure if he is ready for a change.
 
Yixing meets up with Jongin after dinner at the dance studio. Jongin is covered in a layer of dried sweat and exhausted from a three hour dance session but that doesn't stop him from pointing open-mouthed at Yixing.
 
"Oh my god, Xing, you did not."
 
"What?" Yixing asks, miserably flopping down onto the hardwood floor.
 
"I can see that hickey on your collarbone from a mile away; don't play dumb with me," Jongin snaps. Then he starts to grin. "It was Lu Han, wasn't it? Was he good? He looks like he'd be into some ."
 
This time, it is Yixing's turn to stare, open-mouthed. "Oh my God, shut up," he squeaks, smacking Jongin on the arm. "We didn't - there wasn't - we just got drunk and made out a little."
 
"Looks like it was a lot," Jongin corrects with a smirk.
 
Yixing sighs. "Okay, fine, we made out a lot. But now things are all ed up."
 
"You love him, right?" Jongin asks gently.
 
"I have for a while now, I think." Yixing lets out a breath of air, blowing his bangs out of his face. "But…it's not like he'll take me seriously."
 
"You have to try, Yixing," Jongin says. "Tell him how you feel."
 
"I can't, okay? I just…can't."
 
Jongin shakes his head vehemently. "Worst case scenario, he doesn't feel the same way."
 
"Then I end up best friendless and depressed." Yixing grimaces at the bleak thought.
 
Jongin pats Yixing on the back soothingly. "There are tons of hot guys in LA for you to use as rebounds," he says with a sly smile. "Besides, we're going to be amazing dancers, and he's just going to regret it when we get famous one day."
 
"It's not - "
 
"I personally think that he loves you too," Jongin interrupts.
 
"Yeah, as a friend," Yixing sighs.
 
Again, Jongin shakes his head. "No, not as just a friend."
 
"What do you mean?" Yixing asks, trying not to sound hopeful.
 
"I've seen the way he looks at me when I get too close to you and let me tell you, if looks could kill, I would be beyond dead," Jongin replies with a small shudder.
 
In the end, Yixing realizes that it is not about whether or not he gets rejected. It's about moving on. If he never tells Lu Han how he feels, he is going to be stuck forever with this horrible feeling inside of him. He, for one, is not about to live his whole life wondering about what could have been. 
 
 
 
 
 
To his surprise, the hotel suite seems empty when he gets back. The lights are all off, and the whole place is dead silent. When Yixing flips on the hall light, however, he sees a blond head pop up from the couch.
 
"Oh, you're back." Lu Han promptly lays back down.
 
"Where is everyone?" Yixing asks nervously.
 
"Tao and Kris went to the spa. I think Jongin had vouchers or something and called half an hour ago."
 
Yixing almost rolls his eyes. Jongin had obviously gotten the other two out of the suite for him to have the talk with Lu Han.
 
"Why didn't you go too?" he asks.
 
Lu Han's reply is terse. "Not in the mood."
 
Gingerly, Yixing takes a seat next to Lu Han. "We should talk," he says finally.
 
Lu Han does not look up. "Yeah, talk," he repeats, but makes no effort to continue.
 
"About…last night," Yixing tries. "Um…"
 
"Do you love Jongin?" Lu Han suddenly asks, sitting up and staring straight ahead at the TV, staring, but not really seeing.
 
"What?" Yixing splutters. "I - no, not like that."
 
The light from the hall lights up half of Lu Han's face, but the other half is shrouded in shadow, leaving his expression ineffable.  "How do you know?" he asks quietly.
 
Yixing takes a deep breath. "He doesn't make me feel the way…someone else does."
 
At that, Lu Han finally looks over. His eyes, however, are still guarded. "And how does this 'someone else' feel?"
 
"I don't think he believes in love," Yixing responds truthfully, looking away.
 
"Why?"
 
Yixing bites his lip, feeling unwanted tears start to pool behind his lashes. "He sleeps around a lot," he answers, voice barely a whisper, "and never keeps anyone around for more than a night or two. Sometimes, I'm glad because that means he's never attached, but - but it hurts so much."
 
For a moment, there is just tension in the air.
 
"You're wrong," Lu Han finally says, suddenly moving closer. "I do believe in love."
 
"What?"
 
"Yixing, I think I love you." Under the strange lighting, Lu Han looks so serious that for a moment, Yixing lets himself believe him. However, a tear slipping down his cheek snaps him back to reality.
 
"Lu Han, I'm not going to be one of your one night stands, okay? Stop, just stop." To his horror, Yixing starts full out crying. This is so embarrassing, he thinks. Even more embarrassing than time his pants ripped in the middle of Times Square when he was in middle school.
 
"I'm sorry for causing you pain when I was with all those people," Lu Han continues, scooting so that their thighs touched. "I was looking for something but I just didn’t know what it was. Now I know. It's you; I was looking for you."
 
Yixing draws in a shuddering breath and fixes his gaze on his knees as even more tears fall.
 
"Stop crying, Yixing," Lu Han begs. He reaches out and takes Yixing's hands, prying them apart and wrapping them in his. "Look at me, Xing. Please?"
 
Yixing shakes his head, refusing to look up.
 
"Xingxing, look at me." This time, Lu Han's hands are on Yixing's face, fingers ghosting over his cheek. "You're the most important person in my life, Yixing. I never - I would never knowingly hurt you; you know that. Please trust me; I'm not going to leave you"
 
Yixing can feel the blond's thumb brushing a stray tear away before moving down over Yixing's lips. Yixing looks up and finds himself lost in soft brown eyes. He sees Lu Han, the guy he has known for so many years, who has always had his back about everything. Lu Han, who he trusts blindly with all of his heart.
 
"Do you know how much I want to kiss you right now?" Lu Han mutters under his breath, eyes suddenly much darker.
 
Yixing thinks he does know, because he is also dying to feel Lu Han's lips on his again. He lets his eyes flutter closed as a sign of acknowledgement and a moment later, Lu Han is kissing him softly, carefully. Yixing decides that this is ten times better without the alcohol and kisses back with fervor until Lu Han is also responding with ardor.
 
"I like doing this sober," Lu Han says between open-mouthed kisses, as if reading Yixing's mind. He shifts himself into Yixing's lap and starts to pull at Yixing's t-shirt. A moment later, the garment is tossed over the back of the couch and Lu Han is attaching his mouth to Yixing's collarbone, running his tongue over the hickey he had left the night before.
 
Yixing can feel Lu Han smirking as he starts to another along Yixing's neck. Any thoughts of objection, however, fly out of the window as Lu Han rolls his hips down, drawing a low moan from Yixing's throat. A moment later, Lu Han's shirt is also on the floor, and the blond is reaching for the button on Yixing's pants.
 
"Wait," Yixing says, putting out a hand to stop Lu Han. The blond gives him a confused and somewhat disgruntled look.
 
"What?" Lu Han whines, pouting so much that Yixing feels the need to lean forward and kiss him better.
 
"Not in the living room," he explains.
 
Lu Han's eyes light up with understanding and he clambers to his feet, holding a hand out to pull Yixing up as well. "Okay," he says, moving toward his bedroom. "Okay."
 
 

[A/N]: next part is by eexiee so read at your own risk