Chapter 7 .-.

Daring The Darkness

KyuHyun was almost sure he was drunk. He had probably come to this conclusion from the spinning walls, the blurry faces that surrounded him, and the fact that he could barely think.

Shouting at YeSung that he was going, he stumbled his way to what he thought was the door. He was almost there when he heard a voice he would know anywhere.

“NO! HeeChul, I said home by midnight, and home by midnight it will be!” he heard SungMin shout exasperatedly.

KyuHyun laughed. It sounded as though HeeChul had gone and gotten himself drunk again. Kyu could vaguely remember HeeChul from the last five years, and even before that. This made him wonder exactly who Kyu was to him and SungMin…

Before he could get out the door, his body slammed into someone else’s and since he was highly intoxicated (he refused to believe he was drunk), he fell, taking the other person with him.

“..” he heard them murmur under their breath then…

“Kyu? What are you doing here?” SungMin asked him.

Kyu squinted at SungMin. He could make out the disapproving expression that would probably be seen by even a blind person, so evident it was. With no control, he let himself be pulled to his feet by SungMin, and muttered quick thanks.

Min must have smelt his breath, because he heard a sigh, then he was gripped firmly by the same hand that helped pull him up on his upper arm, and allowed himself to be dragged.

“Ow! That hurts!” he heard HeeChul shout from the other side of Kyu. It seemed that SungMin was dragging both of them along behind him. That bunny was stronger than he looked.

Suddenly, it was quiet. The air was much cleaner and Kyu supposed they had reached in the parking lot. His train of thought was proven right when he heard the crunch of Min’s footsteps on the gravel he knew the parking lot to be covered with.

He heard a car door open, then slam, and another somewhat familiar voice.

“Hannie!” he heard HeeChul exclaim, and then there was a grunt.

“Don’t fling yourself on me in your drunk state Kim HeeChul!” he heard ‘Hannie’ say.

There was a firm base beneath him then, and his head began to feel better immediately. A hand on his head shoved it down between his knees and the spinning began to fade. His vision slowly cleared and he felt bile come up his throat.

Stumbling again, he fell to the ground outside what he supposed was the car, and began to retch.

“Ugh.”

It was SungMin. He was behind him, rubbing his back and patting it softly. After he was done throwing up all he had consumed for the day, SungMin picked him up, and carried him back to the car.

He put him down in the back seat and knelt before him. Kyu swore SungMin had never looked ier than at this moment. He had the sudden urge to kiss SungMin. Taken aback by the want, he shook his head in an attempt to erase these thoughts, only achieving in making it hurt again.

SungMin sighed.

“Who did you come with?” he asked Kyu.

KyuHyun stared at him blankly. He couldn’t even process what SungMin was saying, so how was he supposed to answer?

“No one. I came alone.”

SungMin sighed again. in his condition, Kyu began to find this appealing as well but resisted the urge to shake his head again, remembering the consequences from not too long ago.

“Alright then. If you say so. I’ll just have to drop you home then,” SungMin decided.

KyuHyun nodded his agreement at this statement. Home sounded very good right now, especially to deal with the hangover he was sure to have. He opened his mouth to say thanks and SungMin pulled back.

“Don’t do that. Your breath is really… ugh.”

Quickly, he closed his mouth. He pulled himself fully into the car, and put his head against the headrest. HeeChul and ‘Hannie’ were entwined in the front seat still. Well, it was more a case of HeeChul latching on to the other.

Kyu felt the engine come to life beneath him, and breathed a sigh of relief. He would be home soon.

 

SungMin drove as fast as he thought was safe. He had also drank that night, but not as much as HeeChul or KyuHyun. Still his mind wasn’t completely clear and his vision was fuzzy on the edges. He guessed it was the alcohol’s influence that made him decide to take KyuHyun home. Else, why would he keep making stupid decisions such as this one when it came to Kyu?

He dropped HeeChul and HanGeng off first, and then headed to where he knew Kyu had originally lived when he had first met him. He got there fairly quickly and turned in his seat to face KyuHyun. The boy was lightly snoring, clearly exhausted from his night’s activities.

“Kyu.” SungMin climbed into the back seat and shook him by his shoulder. He muttered under his breath but did not wake.

“This guy…” he groaned softly.

“YA! Ya, Cho KyuHyun, you’re home, fool!” he shouted suddenly.

“Okay, okay, I’m up. Jeez, no need to shout,” he complained.

SungMin scoffed, marvelling at Kyu’s demeanour. Crawling out of the back door, he pulled KyuHyun forcefully out and set him on his feet. Almost immediately, KyuHyun began to sway and fell. SungMin caught him, but just barely. Kyu cracked open an eye and observed the mansion they were parked in front of.

“This isn’t home…” Kyu groaned weakly.

“Yes, it is. This is where you live, Kyu,” he assured him.

“No, it’s not. There’s no love here. Take me to the place with the blue walls, where there’s a guy in pink and white who loves me.” KyuHyun spoke the words absent-mindedly, and closed his eyes completely again, but they made SungMin’s heart race.

The guy in pink and white… no other guy that KyuHyun knew but SungMin wore those colours together, especially pink.

The blue walls… the colour of their room’s walls, the same room they had slept together peacefully every night until recently.

Kyu was talking about the apartment they had bought together, the one they had put all their hard work into to buy, without the help of either’s parents or even their friends.

Almost as though in a trance, he lifted KyuHyun easily and put him back to where he had been before.

It was home.

He looked at the half-awake boy in the back seat of his car, with eyes that were filled with tears he worked hard to repress, and touched his face lightly.

“Okay, Kyu, I’ll take you home.”

With those words, he got back into the front seat and drove off toward his apartment…

Toward their home...

 

there we go! seventh chapter updated early in the morning for me ^_^ please subscribe and comment :) i ove comments :) they give me inspiration :D ENJOY~