This Particular Girl

Memoirs of a Queenka.

 

 
I grabbed the frightened girl by her uniform collar and her against a wall. I wasn't picking a fight, no. 
It was a rare scene to see me back at my senior high school, now that I've managed to scrape through to enter university. Three other girls surrounded her. G.Na, my best friend, Sooyoung and Hyomin, 2 other girls I met in a pub. Sooyoung goes to the same university as G.Na and I, and Hyomin goes to the one opposite ours. 
"Gosh, I'm hungry. Let's get this over and done with." G.Na clucked her tongue, showing clear signs of impatience. 
I looked over at my shoulders at them, and pouted. 
 
No wonder we had been classified as bad girls by everybody. G.Na still rocked her sporty baby pink hair, now cut into layers, each layer a different shade of baby pink. Hyomin was a sweetie. She had long, blonde locks, which made her look like a Barbie. Sooyoung was different. She chose to hang out with us to defy her dad. Her dad was the boss of Choi Corporations, and wanted her to take over his business. In order to rebel, she ditched her studies and hung out with us every chance she had.
 
Most of the time, we had to see her get dragged into a sleek black limo by her dad's so-called 'dogs'. All three of their hair colours could combine to form a rainbow. I chose to stick to my natural hair colour, black. The sole reason being "I don't want to die" when asked by others. I'm serious. Do you have any idea how much poison and toxic a packet of hair dye can contain? God, you have to know this. Imagine them seeping through your pretty little scalps. Ugh. 
Anyway, where was I?
 
"Why are you dreaming again?!" Sooyoung's cold voice broke my thoughts. Hyomin whined. "Palli. Paegopayo~"
Back to business. This girl under my grip was staring at me with fear, and her lips were set into a thin, pink line. 
 
"Hmm. You're quite pretty aren't you?" I inched my face closely to her porcelain doll-like one. "What's your name?" I patted her soft cheek. 
 
"P-Park Jiyeon," she cringed under my touch and I swung my hand up, pretending to want to slap her, laughing at her expression. 
 
"You pretty little thing. You know my brother right?" I purred. 
 
"Who's your brother?" Her breath came in nervous gasps. 
 
"Kim. Him. Chan." I smiled, showing a set of white teeth. 
 
"You're Kim Hyun-Hyuna?" Her eyes widened to twice its doe-like size. "Eyy. How did you know me? I must be really famous in my previous school, huh?" I smiled sweetly at her. 
 
"You're the bad girl everyone was talking about." She mumbled under her breathe. 
 
"I heard that!" I barked at her, all signs of friendliness long gone. Oh my holy piggy goddess. So my reputation was still as bad. I looked away, showing a remorseful face at G.Na. She cackled a laugh and I grinned, turning back to this Jiyeon girl. 
 
"You're my brother's girlfriend?" I her pretty hair. She resembled someone I knew. 
 
"Nae," she nodded timidly. 
 
"How are your studies?" I tapped my fingernails on the wall behind her. 
 
"Second in level," she managed a barely audible answer.
 
"Oh," my mouth formed an 'o' shape and my brows shot up. Not bad. Umma and appa will love this brat as their daughter-in-law for sure. I nodded in approval. Hey, come on, don't judge me like that. I had to make sure my brother has a decent girlfriend. He's the only hope for our family, and I won't let anyone ruin him. 
 
"So, what do you think of my brother?" I twisted a lock of my hair with my index finger. 
 
"He's not like you." She said without looking at my eyes. What the heck? Noone has ever talked to the mighty Kim Hyuna like that. No single one person alive dares to. Sooyoung snickered. Hyomin gasped. I heard G.Na cracking her knuckles. "This little has guts," she literally spat into her face. 
 
"Listen. Let unnie tell you the rules of the game here. One, you answer every single question I ask you properly and we move on to the next level. Second, you do not talk to me like that again or it's game over for you, arasso?" I smiled and inched my face closer towards hers, our noses almost touching. She nodded, her lips still set into a firm line. 
 
"Nevermind. Your family background?" I moved back, her overpowering vanilla perfume almost putting my nostrils to an end. 
 
"My parents, and my elder sister." 
I nodded. "Okay, so what's her name? Your sister." 
 
"Park Jimin."
Those three syllables struck me like lightning. I stepped away from her. 
 
"Is she from Baekhyung university?" I whispered. 
 
"Nae. You know her?" She tilted her head to one side, looking curiously at my sudden reaction. 
 
"Break up with my brother immediately." I turned pale. 
 
"Why? Just because she has leukaemia? How could you judge my sister like that? How could you judge ME like that?" She started getting agitated and advanced towards me. 
 
I put up a hand to stop her from coming any nearer. "What if it's genetic? What if you had it too?!" 
 
"I don't have leukaemia and it's not genetic. Please don't insult my sister like that. She's really kind and nice," Jiyeon pleaded, her doe eyes boring into mine until I had to look away. 
 
"Whatever. I don't care. Just leave him for all the good sakes in the world," I staggered a little, my feet wobbly all of a sudden. 
 
"Let's go." I turned to them, my face still pale with shock. 
 
G.Na gave me a questioning look while patting my back. Hyomin looked as confused as ever. Sooyoung was silent on our way to the local Chinese restaurant. 
 
Deep down, I knew. It wasn't because of leukaemia or any family diseases they have. 
_______________________
Omo, who was this Park Jimin? Why did Hyuna get such a shock? T^T It's double update(this and the previous one) for today as school is reopening and I might not have fast updates>< Keep supporting me yeah? *hugs everyone* much loves <3!