*~EIGHT~*

Finding the One

 

6 MONTHS LATER  - WEDDING DAY

Lauren:

I’m sitting in the room, while all the other bridesmaids are getting ready. I already had my make up and hair done, and have my dress on. I check my phone to see if Jinyoung has messaged me. Since that day six months ago, we’ve been happily together. Although Jinyoung’s schedule is really tight, we’ve managed to see each other every now and then. And we message or call each other every day so it does feel like we’re together all the time.

But the past week has been really hectic for Jinyoung and the other guys, they’ve been back and forth from Japan, plus Jinyoung also has this wedding to add onto his schedule.

“Hi, are you Lauren?” someone asks me and I look up, it’s a middle aged woman who looks familiar to me, but I have never met her before.

“Hi” I smile politely, “I am Lauren.”

“Ah, Jinyoung was right, you are very pretty.” She says as she sits down beside me. “I am Jinyoung’s mother.”

“Oh hi Mrs. Jung, it’s very nice to meet you.”

“It’s very nice to meet you too. I’ve heard a lot of good things about you from Jinyoung.” I blush and smile at the thought that Jinyoung talks about me to his mom.

“Mrs. Jung, I’m sorry I haven’t been able to meet you all this time.”

“No, it’s okay. Jinyoung has been very busy, and my husband and I have been travelling lately. But I’m glad I get to finally meet you.” I smile back at Jinyoung’s mom, and she grabs my hand and holds it.

“I would like to thank you.” Jinyoung’s mom says, “you’ve made such a positive impact to my son, and I can just tell he’s been extremely happy since he’s met you.”

“No I should thank you, Mrs. Jung” I reply, smiling “Jinyoung is really good to me, and I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who makes me feel so comfortable yet nervous at the same time.” Mrs. Jung smiles back at me. There’s a knock on the door, and a man yells through the door.

“Honey, are you in there?”

“Oh, that’s my husband” Jinyoung’s mom says, and gets up. “I should leave you to what you have to do, because you must be busy with bridesmaid work. But I will see you later the wedding?”

“Yes, definitely.” I get up as well to walk Jinyoung’s mom to the door.

“And I forgot to tell you how great you look today.”

“Thank you, Mrs. Jung.” I say. I open the door for them, and I see a man standing outside.

“Honey, is this Lauren?” he asks Jinyoung’s mom with a smile of his face.

“Yes, honey it is.” Jinyoung’s mom, turns around and smiles at me.

“Hi Mr. Jung, it’s nice to finally meet you.” I say, shaking his hand.

“Jinyoung was right, you are very pretty.” He smiles, and I noticed how much him and Jinyoung look alike.

“Thank you.” I smile, blushing.

“Honey, stop pestering the poor girl.” Jinyoung’s mom starts pushing her husband away, “We’ll see you later, Lauren.”

“I’ll see you later!” I wave at both at them, Jinyoung’s mom smiles at me and Jinyoung’s dad waves back happily.

==

“Bridesmaids, start making your way to the hall please.” The wedding planner calls from the door. We all get up and we leave the room. I check my phone one more time, and no message from Jinyoung. Hopefully he got here on time.

All of us bridesmaids are making our way the ceremony hall, when I hear a very familiar voice.

“Hey beautiful.” It’s Jinyoung. He’s all dressed up and me who hasn’t seen him for more than a week, starts running towards him for a hug.

“I missed you” I blurt out, in his arms.

“I missed you too.” Jinyoung chuckles. And we’re in our own little world, when I hear the shutter sounds of a camera. We quickly turn to find the camera, and it was one of the groomsmen taking photos.

“Don’t worry, you love birds” he teases “I won’t send these to any media outlets” We both laugh, along with the other bridesmaids and groomsmen.

“Alright everyone, please line up according to your partner” the wedding planner runs towards us. We all line up accordingly, the doors open up and we walk in in pairs.

Throughout the wedding ceremony, Jinyoung and I couldn’t stop making eye contact with each other and making each other laugh. I feel like we're in own world so much that I don’t remember much of the actual wedding ceremony.

It’s finally the reception, and I get to see Jinyoung’s parents again, along with my own who I didn’t see since this morning when I left the house. I introduce my parents to Jinyoung’s parents and they greet each other. They start talking to each other about us, and it feels like they already know each other. I’m glad that they are getting along.

We are all having fun at the reception, when Jinyoung asks me if I want to take a walk with him. I say yes, and we start to walk away from the crowds. We walk through the gardens and paths hand in hand, catching up with each other. We end up walking to the back garden, where a white gazebo is sitting in the middle of the garden. Jinyoung leads me to the gazebo, and we stand there.

“Would you like to dance?” Jinyoung asks, reaching his hand to me. I take it and he grabs my waist with his other hand.

“There’s not music though,” I laugh.

“Who needs music.” Jinyoung smiles at me, and we start slow dancing.

“So, I’ve always been curious.” Jinyoung continues. “When we first met, at the fan event, who were you hoping to be paired up with?”

“Hmm” I think about it. It was six months ago, and what I thought about them before I met Jinyoung has kind of become a blur to me now. “I would’ve been okay with any one of you.”

“Liar.” Jinyoung smiles, seeing right through my lie.

“Okay okay” I laugh, “You got me. I actually liked… Baro the most back then” Jinyoung lets out a laugh, and I feel so embarrassed.

“What about now then?” he asks.

“I’d want to be with you, in a heartbeat” I answer immediately. Jinyoung smiles and gives me a light kiss.

“Oh right I forgot.” He says, as he stops dancing. “Enough chit-chat, Lauren I have something to show you, so close you eyes. And no peeking!”

“Okay…” I cover my eyes, not knowing what to expect. I hear Jinyoung run somewhere, a click goes off, and he runs back in front of me.

“Okay open you eyes.” He says, excitedly. I open my eyes and I’m in awe. The whole garden is decorated with lights, as well the as the gazebo.

“Lauren?” Jinyoung says, and my trance is broken. I look back to where Jinyoung was standing, and instead I see him on one knee. Again, I’m in awe. Is he doing what I think he’s doing? Jinyoung takes a hold of my hand.

“Lauren,” he begins, “To be honest, I fell for you before we even met. I remember seeing you in the crowd at the fan meeting, and then I was already head over heels. Even though we’ve only been dating for 6 months, I want you to know that I’ve found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, and she’s standing right in front of me.” As I’m listening to Jinyoung talk, I am so touched that I feel a tear or two fall from my eyes.

“I know that I’m only 22 and you’re turning 21 this year,” he continues “so we’re still young, and we don’t know what will happen in the future. But for right now, I want to hold on to the person I love with everything I have. Even though I’m not sure when it will be, but Lauren, when we’re both ready for it, will you marry me?” At that moment, he pulls out a ring.

I’m in tears now, from happiness. I know it’s a yes, but my mouth won’t move. Jinyoung looks up at me, and I smile nodding at him. He stands up, with a huge smile on his face, takes the ring and slips it onto my finger. I look at my finger and the ring that is now on it. I’m in ecstasy right now, that I don’t even know what to do. Jinyoung steps closer to me, takes me by the waist and kisses me. I kiss him back, and tears just won’t stop running down.

Feeling my tears on his face, Jinyoung looks at me and laughs.

“Babo-yah, stop crying” he’s smiling, and I can see that he has a tear in his eye too.

“They’re happy tears” I managed to say, but my voice is cracking. Jinyoung laughs and hugs me tight. While he’s hugging me, I look down at my hand to look at the ring again. I guess this makes me Mrs. Jung Jinyoung.

 

JINYOUNG:

We walk back to the reception hand in hand, with the biggest smiles of our faces. I’m so happy that she said yes. Lauren is the love of my life, and I know for sure that I will never be able to find anyone that comes close to what she means to me.

We’re finally back at the reception, when we see our parents together talking. They spot us and wave us over.

“So…?” Lauren’s father says.

“So, what?” Lauren says, she looks over at me confused and I smile.

“She said yes” I smile at our parents, and in an instant both my parents and Lauren’s parent cheer and are ecstatic. Our mothers hug us, and I get handshakes from our fathers.

“Wait what is going on?” Lauren says, starting to tear up again.

“Your lovely fiancé here” Lauren’s father says, “Invited us out last week before he left for Japan, to meet his parents and to ask for our blessing”

“You guys knew about this?” Lauren exclaims, while every one laughs. Lauren starts to cry again, and I don’t know if it’s from out of happiness of surprise. But I hug her tight anyways.

“This calls for a celebration” my dad says, “I’ll go get the champagne!” And runs off.

==

“I still can’t believe my parents and your parents already met each other” Lauren says, with a pout “I found it strange how close they got so fast.”

The wedding reception is now over, and I’m driving Lauren.

“I’m sorry” I say, smiling, “It was so hard for all of us to keep it a secret.”

Lauren turns to me, eyes wide. “Does the president know about this?”

I quickly look at her expression, and I laugh as I turn back to the road.

“He knows” I say, “We’re actually going to see him right now”

Without saying anything, she nervously looks ahead.

When we get to the building, I lead Lauren to the studio and open the door. As we step inside, the lights flash on and the president, our manager and the other B1A4 members all yell congratulations and start to throw confetti at us.

They all congratulate us and bring in cake to celebrate. I introduce Lauren to the president, and like a dad, he gives both of us a big hug.

After the candles are lit, everyone sings us a congratulatory song. As the craziness ensues, I look over at Lauren and she looks at me, and we’re both smiling.