*~THREE~*

Finding the One

 

LAUREN:

“…B1A4 ibnida!” the five of them say. The other four girls are losing it, and I feel like I’m about to as well. My favorite group is standing right here in front of me, even closer than during the fan meet. I look at each of the members, soaking this experience and how I’ll never have a chance like this again. When I get to Jinyoung, who’s at the end of the line, I see that he’s staring right at me. I look somewhere else and look back at Jinyoung, and he’s still staring at me. What is going on? There’s no way he’s staring at me, no way. I regain my composure, and cheer and clap with the others. Oh god, my hands are sweaty again..

“Okay, since we know the members of B1A4 so well, how about we get to know the event winners? Can each of you one by one stand up and give up a self introduction, starting from this side.” The MC says, pointing to the other side of the table. Which means – I’ll be the last one to speak. Gosh, what should I say.

I listen to the others’ introductions and think of what I should say. Before I can figure out what to say and not make a fool of myself, I hear the MC say “And the last self- introduction?”. It’s my turn – okay you can do this, Lauren.

“Hi, my name is Lauren Han,” I start, “ I’m 20 years old, turning 21 this year, and I’m going to school as well as working. Um, my favorite B1A4 song is 뭐 할래요 (What Do You Want to Do?). Nice to meet everyone.” I feel my cheeks blush, as I sit back down.

“Nice to meet you all” the MC says, enthusiastically  “Now, the theme for today’s fan event is, couples! What will happen is each member will draw one of your names from this box, and you two will be a couple for the day. As couples, you will participate in games and as well as events planned out by none other than the members themselves. Now will each member come up and take a piece of paper from the box, and we will reveal your partners all at once.”

Each of the members walk up to the box, take a piece of paper, and then step back into place.

“Now,” the MC continues, “On the count of three, open up the paper and call your partner’s name. One…” As much I would be happy with spending the any of the members, I’m secretly hoping for Baro to have chosen my name. “Two…” I wonder who I'm spending the whole day with?

 

JINYOUNG:

Her name is Lauren. She’s one year younger than me. She’s a university student. And her favorite B1A4 song is also one of my favorite songs. (Note: This fact is totally made up for storyline reasons lol). As the MC explains what we’re all doing today, I’m too busy thinking about how great it would be if I were paired up with Lauren today.

I first saw her when we were singing In The Air, and she caught my eye while she was dancing, well more like jumping, and singing along to the lyrics. My train of thought completely stopped, and I had almost missed my line. It was a good thing that Sandeul was beside me, or else I really would have completely blanked. For the rest of the concert, I stole glances every now and then and saw how much she was enjoying the fan meet. I even remember hoping that one of the five names read for the event was her, and that I would get to talk to her. And for the past week, I kept thinking about her; I’m so confused as to why I’m so attracted to her, it’s not like I know her. Is this what they called love at first sight? Can’t be. Maybe being an idol has been so lonely that I’ve gone crazy.

“On the count of three, open up the paper and call your partner’s name. One…Two…” Please be Lauren, please be Lauren. “Three.” I open my paper and read the name.

“Lauren Han.” I say calmly, but inside I’m extremely happy. I look at Lauren, and she looks at me. I smile widely at her, and she smiles back just as widely.

 

LAUREN:

“Lauren Han.” I hear someone say, and look for the face that said my name. I first look at Baro, but a tiny part of me is disappointed that it wasn’t him. Oh well, I’m here at this event, that’s all that matters.

I keep scanning, and my eyes meet Jinyoung’s. I just know that he has picked my name. He smiles and me, and something in that smile hits me and I can’t help but smile just as brightly as he does. 

 

===============

This chapter is for number13swife :) I wanted to write this chapter earlier (and I would've been finished earlier as well), but I got VERY distracted by YouTube haha. I'll write another chapter tomorrow, yaksok~~! (promise~~!)