*~ONE~*

Finding the One

 

“And the five winners for the B1A4 fan event are…” the MC of the fan meeting announces. I cross my fingers hoping that I will get picked for this fan event to spend a day with the B1A4 members. The MC says four names and on the fifth name “Lauren Han. The five fans who were chosen, please head towards the stage when the fan meeting is finished, and we will confirm your identities and tell you more details of the event.”

I hear the whole crowd sigh in disappointment, but I’m frozen on the spot. He did not just call my name. I get to attend the fan event? Me? I try to hold in my joy as much as possible, I didn’t want disappointed fan girls to jump me right then and there.  When the fan meeting finished, everyone slowly filed out of the venue until only five of us remained.  

“Please come up to the stage” a lady says, as she walks out onto the stage with a clipboard and pen. The other winners and I follow her directions and head up to the stage. The lady checked all of our IDs and tickets and when the confirmations were done, she pulled out five special tickets. “These tickets here are your tickets for the fan event, which will be next Saturday. The event will start at 10:30AM, so I recommend you arrive at around 10AM. The rest of the event information is on that ticket, and what you will be doing is a surprise, so just get ready to have fun at the event. See you all then!” 

The lady walks off the stage and is replaced by a security guard, who escorts the five of us out of the venue. On the subway, I call up my best friend Hana, who couldn’t make the fan meeting.

“So…how was the fan meeting? Amazing I assume.” Hana says, right when she picks up the phone.

“It was! You definitely missed out.” I say to her, “I can’t believe your mom didn’t let you go.”

“I know, right?” Hana starts to rant, “Like I’m turning 21 next month! At least let me make some decisions about what I want to do!” 

I laugh as she continues to rant about how she didn’t get to the fan meet. When she finished her rant she asks, in an envious tone “So, what was the best part of the fan meet? Was it being a couple meters away from them as they sweated and sang their hearts out?”

“That was pretty great…” I say, teasing her a bit.  When I had told Hana I managed to buy tickets that were right in front of the stage, couple of weeks ago, she threw a book at me and then started ranting again. “But something even better happened.”

“What happened?” she says eagerly

“There was a fan event draw, and my name, along with five other names, got drawn to spend a day with them.”

“OH MY GOD!!!” Hana screams into the phone, and I take the phone off my ear “Of all the BANAs there, your name got chosen?! You are bullsh*tting me!!”

“I am not bullsh*tting you!” I say back, in a loud voice, and people start to stare at me.  I quickly give them an apologetic nod, and I say quietly “I really got chosen, I’ll even show you the ticket I got!”

“You lucky girl, you” Hana says “Does that mean you’re going to seduce all of them?”

“Oh my god, no!” I laugh “I’m gonna act as normal as possible, it would be weird to have a girl, as old as them, to pull some creepy stunt. Besides I saw the other four winners and I’m the oldest one there, and the rest of the girls are high schoolers, so someone’s got to try to act non-crazy.”

“Oooh that’s a good advantage” Hana says in her scheming voice, “They’ll want you over the high schoolers any day. Oh hey, where are you heading right now?”

“Home, why?”

“Come over to my place, so we can discuss this plan into further detail.”

“Alright, I’ll be there soon. Wait, what plan?”