〈 Chapter 1 〉

┊ Sour Blackberry ┊ ━ YG's New Co-Ed Group ━「 layout #2 - pastel lace; 」[ on hiatus ]

“Hey, hyung, is my fringe okay? It keeps flicking to the wrong ing side-

Junsoo was quickly interrupted by Ming, who hit the younger around the head hard.

“We're going to be on national TV, don't you dare start your stupid swearing, do you hear me? I said, do you understand, Bang Junsoo?” Ming pulled Junsoo's cheeks until he was squealing with pain, flailing helplessly in his hyung's strong grip.

“Yes, I understand, God! Help! Tommy-hyung! Please, help me!” Junsoo wailed.

Tommy turned to them, tilting his head innocently. Seeing Ming hurt Junsoo was a scene the Australian was very used to.

“Hmm? What do you want me to do? Hyung's right, you shouldn't start your swearing before we go on TV, you'll never stop. And anyways, Jaemin's our appa, so we have to listen to him~” Tommy gleefully accepted the hit around the head from Ming, who suddenly had a brilliant idea and smirked.

“That would mean Suhyun is the umma, which would also mean that we're lovers, Tommy. Do you really want that?” The oldest of the boys smirked widely when Tommy glared at him and huffily kicked his shin.

“That's bull, Suhyun wouldn't love you in that way. She's got Changmin after all — and I have Juniel-noona. So shut up, Park Jaemin!” Tommy grumbled, making Junsoo and Ming laugh loudly.

“Please, Juniel hardly even knows you exist, idiot. Does she know, for example, that you're just a seventeen year old squirt? Surely you would've told her that! Naw, haven't you told her that, lil' baby Myungjae~?” Ming laughed as Tommy attacked him, red in the face from embarrassment.

Suhyun and Joahn had been peacefully chatting, waiting for Haneul to return from getting her make-up fixed. (She'd somehow managed to smudge half her eyeliner, when she went back to her stylist he looked as if he might cry over his ruined masterpiece). They looked over at the boys, eyebrows raised.

Joahn, being the bluntest of them all, rolled her eyes at them and said harshly, “God, can't you three ever shut up? You stupid little pieces of shi-! Aish, sacre bleu, je ne sais pas...

Junsoo and Tommy grinned at Suhyun, who was trying to surpress her own smile. Ming wasn't even trying; he was full-on laughing already.

“Joahn-noona, you're speaking in French again~” Junsoo teased, poking Joahn's cheek and wrapping his arm loosely around her. Joahn blinked at the sudden contact, blinking obliviously to what he had said.

“Français? Non! Ah, you're right, sorry...” She smiled sheepishly as the others laughed heartily, and although this happened quite a lot they loved it every single time.

“Yah, what're you lot laughing at without me?” Haneul shouted jokily as she skipped over to her seat. Deciding she absolutely had to know, she used her best aegyo on Ming. “Jaemin-oppa~ What were you laughing at?

Ming blinked at her, suddenly shy but only on the inside. On the outside he laughed and slung his arm over Haneul's shoulder. “Nothing, Hannie.

“Ah, well in that case, would you kindly remove yourself from my shoulder, thank you,” Haneul answered, winking. Ming laughed loudly, pulling his arm back to his own body.

When the oldest boy turned to the others, Haneul peeked at him, smiling warmly. ‘Oppa's in a good mood today, usually he's so shy,’ she thought, eye smiling to herself. It was nice to see Ming's warm side every now and then.


The six waited patiently for the show to start; they were new to this kind of stuff and hadn't expected so many...frantic people running around, spilling coffee all over the shop and swearing at the top of their lungs.

“How come they're allowed to swear, hyung?” Junsoo mumbled grouchily, poking Tommy. The maknae was rewarded with a lovely slap around the head.

After a few long minutes, two beautiful girls, the hosts, rushed on stage and into their seats. The kids were surprised as these two girls were the well known ulzzangs Lee Eun Ji and Lee Eun Jin, who hadn't been on TV a lot. After a little more of shouting and swearing, the man behind Camera 1 did a countdown, and they were on air.

Eunji and Eunjin turned to the camera, perfect smiles plastered onto their face. They were sisters, but there was a clear difference between their smiles; Eunji's was delicate while Eunjin's was cheeky.

“Hello and welcome to New Faces! We are your hosts Lee Eunji and Lee Eunjin, and we're here with the current hottest topic in Kpop. Everyone put your hands together for Sour Blackberry!” the sisters shouted over the roaring applause from the live audience. The kids blinked in surprise, they were used to polite clapping, not foot-stomping and whistling. Oh, and fangirl screams. Those were new too.

After noise finally died down, the sisters turned to our kids. They started with nice, simple questions. Then the questions started to be directed to specific members, like what Tommy, Ming and Junsoo thought about Hoot, the girls' debut song.

The three boys grinned at each other, Tommy starting to explain. “Well, Hoot is a very...y song. It may not sound like it, but the dance is very y, right?

Ming and Junsoo agreed, chuckling at the girls' embarrassment. It was true, the dance was very seductive, which was why the boys had so much fun in talking about it.

“In fact, we know the dance too,” Junsoo added, grinning widely as Eunji and Eunjin gasped and started laughing.

“Are you serious? How do you three know it too?!” Eunjin spluttered, hardly containing her amusement.

Ming laughed softly, pinching the cheeks of his little squirts. “Well, the dance for What's Happening was so easy we learnt in within two weeks, leaving us with another two weeks of having nothing to do. The dance to Hoot it quite complicated, which is why the girls were still learning it, and we decided to just learn it with them.

Eunji laughed, also clearly amused by this statement. “Well then, would you like to demonstrate your amazing dancing skills? Would you like that?” Her second question was directed to the audience, who screamed in agreement.

The boys were more than willing to perform Hoot, they'd been itching to embarrass Suhyun, Joahn and Haneul for ages.

So as Hoot started playing through at least seven speakers, the boys took their positions. Throughout their performance, they kept girly stances and mouthed the words. People might not have noticed that due to all the thigh-opening, hip-ing, hip-rolling and various other y dance moves.

They finished with a flourish, diva-like smiles on their faces. All three boys couldn't care less what people thought of them, if they thought they were 'gay', then let them think that.

The studio broke into loud applause once again, though this time the girls and sisters joined in heartily. After all, a good performance is a good performance, no matter what gender it was brought to you by.


Summer's little message. ❞
 

hey kiddies! did you enjoy the first part of the
first chapter? gosh, that's weird to say...xD
apologies for it only being part 1, my imagination
has been unreliable lately and I didn't want to dish
up any old crap for you. also, I've been busy with a
new apply fic, I'm sorry ; u ; go check it out, it'll be
up soon! o u o
love, summer~