New Friends

BE MA GIRL

The end bell rang for lunch and you dropped your pencil to stretch.

“UGH finallyyyyyy” whined Nana as she slammed close her books.  Kids filed out of the room to the cafeteria. 

You stuffed your belongings in your desk and was about to get up to leave with Nana when you turned around and saw Niel still in his chair with earphones plugged in his ears. 

You went up next to him and pulled out one earphone. 

“Arent you going to get lunch?” You asked him. 

Niel looked at you curiously again.  “From where?”

You laughed.  “From the cafeteria!  Do you know where it is?”

He shook his head. 

You grabbed his wrist and pulled him up. 

“You can come with us!” You said, nodding towards Nana. 

“By the way, Im ------, and this is Nana.” Nana waved at him.  Niel smiled back. 

“Alright, lets go.” He said following you two out. 

As usual, L.joe, Hoya, and Ricky were waiting for you and Nana outside the classroom. 

“WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG IM STARVING” yelled Ricky the minute you opened the door.  L.Joe’s face hardened when he saw you holding Niels wrist. 

“And who would this gentleman be?” asked Hoya, tilting his head towards Niel.  You quickly let go of his wrist and push him forward. 

“Guys, this is a new student named Daniel in our homeroom.  Daniel, this is Hoya, L.joe, and Ricky!”

“Whats up man” Ricky said as he lift up his fist for a pound.  Niel returned the pound and grinned.  “Call me Niel.”

Hoya brushed off invisible lint from his shoulder. “You see, my friend, if you want to be with us, you gotta look GOOD like the rest of us.”

Nana stifled a laugh with a cough.  Hoya glared at her while she pretended to be busy texting someone. 

L.joe gave him a small nod.  “Sup.”

Niel felt his unfriendly vibe and gave him half a smile back. 

“Alright guys, LETS MOVE IT before my stomach shrinks into the size of a bean” Ricky said as he ushered everyone down the hallway.  Hoya rolled his eyes.  “Your stomach can use a bit of shrinking actually.”

Everybody laughed while Niel took out his vibrating phone from his pocket.  The user ID was

“Hyuna<3”

He glanced at you laughing next to him and quickly pressed ‘reject’ before shoving his phone back in his pocket.