Taking The Job

Gangster Teacher

"Sooyoung, are you really sure about this?"

 

"Yes, grandpa. I haven't been more sure in my entire 23 years of living." Sooyoung answered with a tone of finality as she put on her shoes. "So, what do you think about my look?" She stood up and turned around. She was wearing a simple white long-sleeved polo, slacks and black heels.

 

"You look beautiful, as always. Your parents would've been proud of you." Sooyoung's grandfather fondly patted her hair.

 

Sooyoung's parents died in a car accident when she was 2 years old. Her grandfather took her in and being his only living relative, she is next in line to lead the Red Dragon Mob, one of the notorious gangs in Seoul.

 

"Shall we go, Miss Sooyoung?" One of their butlers asked.

 

"Thanks Shindong, but I can go to SM High myself. I'll take the bus." She smiled at him and slung her bag over her shoulder.

 

"But Miss, what if…?"

 

"Relax, Shindong. I can take care of myself!" She grinned at him and flashed a thumbs up.

 

Shindong shot a look at Sooyoung's grandpa and got an approving nod as a reply. He heaved a sigh. "Yes, Miss Sooyoung, take care."

 

She nodded. "You and the others take care of the house, okay?" She patted Shindong's shoulder.

 

"Good luck, Miss Sooyoung!" Shindong bowed respectfully.

 

"Good luck!" Her grandpa smiled.

 

"Thanks! I'm leaving!" She shut their gate close and just as she stepped out of the house, she found her neighbors bowing to her respectfully.

 

"Good morning, Miss Sooyoung! Have a nice day!" Everyone in their neighborhood knows about her family and pays them huge respect. The Red Dragon Mob is famous for easily wiping out anyone who gets on their bad side. No one knows what the mob does to their enemies so just in case, their neighbors always try to get on their good side.

 

"Good morning!" Sooyoung beamed and made her way to the bus stop in good spirits.

 

She stopped in front of SM High School and took a long sweeping glance at the place. "Okay, I can do this!" She pumped her fist into the air and went inside to look for the school chairman's office.

 

Sooyoung nervously sat on the chair in front of the school chairman. She looked at his droopy eyes and hunched shoulders. If she had to be honest, she would think that the chairman didn't want to be there. "Good morning, Chairman Jung. I am Choi Sooyoung. I know I don't have much experience, but I can-"

 

"You're hired, Ms. Choi. You can start tomorrow." He flashed her an overenthusiastic smile that showed the gap in his teeth.

 

Her eyes widened. "What? You haven’t even seen my papers and I'm already hired?"

 

"Yes, it's a special case, Miss Choi. We urgently need an English teacher and a homeroom adviser for class 3-E. Do you think you can do it?"

 

"Yes, I can! I'd be glad to! Thank you, Chairman!" She stood up and bowed in respect.

 

"Wait til you see your students…"The chairman muttered under his breath.

 

"What was that?"

 

He cleared his throat. "I said do you wanna see your students?"

 

"Can I really? Yes please!"

 

Chairman Jung led the way and went down three flights of stairs to reach a seemingly abandoned hallway. They went further down the hallway and heard noises at the end of the hall.

 

"Principal, are those my students?" Sooyoung excitedly asked.

 

"Yes." Aigoo, she wouldn't last a week with those spawns of Satan. He thought as Sooyoung ran to the door and took a peek.

 

She approached the half-open door and saw a few kids playing baseball inside the classroom, smashing the already broken windows. Some were brawling among themselves. She moved her eyes to the other side of the room and saw some kids reading adult magazines. Some were throwing books and papers at each other. Some were eating chips messily and a few others were quietly sitting and reading a book.

 

Sooyoung approached the chairman with teary eyes. He patted her shoulder. "I know, it's alright. You can quit. You wouldn't be able to handle them…"

 

She looked up at him. "What do you mean, Chairman? I like them already!"

 

He gawked at her stupidly. "What? But your students are troublemakers and delinquents! They're the worst students in Korea, probably in the universe! Are you sure?"

 

"I'll be starting tomorrow, right? I can't wait! My first year as a teacher, it's gonna be exciting!"

 

This kid doesn't know what she has gotten into. He shook his head. "So are you taking the job?"

 

"Yes, Chairman!"

 

"Okay then." They went back to the his office and settled a few more matters.

 

Sooyoung hurriedly ran up the stone steps that led to their front door. "Hey guys! I got the job!!! I'll be starting tomorrow!"

 

"Tomorrow already, Miss Sooyoung?" Kangin, another one of their trusted men, appeared from the dining room and asked.

 

"Yeah, don't ask, even I don't really know why." She shrugged.

 

"That's great, Sooyoungie. I knew you could do it!" Her grandpa descended the stairs and nodded in approval. "Remember not to blow your cover, alright? Not only will it harm you, it will harm our family and even your students. No one can know about your real identity." He reminded her.

 

"Yes, grandpa!" She gave him a salute. "I will be an unassuming and defenseless lady starting tomorrow!"

 

"Do you promise that after your job as a teacher, you'll finally take over our business?" He asked.

 

She sighed. "Yes, grandpa, I will." She never really wanted to become a mob boss but as a gesture of respect and gratitude to her grandpa who raised her, she will take over their family business. "Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow!"


Thanks for the support, my lovely readers and subbies! You guys are amazing! /throws a million hearts/

And to those who upvoted this fic even though I haven't posted anything yet, thank you! I hope I don't disappoint you!! ^^

Anyway, here's the first chapter. Enjoy! :)