First Day

Gangster Teacher

"Good morning, everyone! I am Choi Sooyoung, I am class 3-E's new English teacher and homeroom adviser. Please treat me well!" She bowed respectfully. It was her first day on the job and to say that she was excited is an understatement.

 

The other teachers in the faculty lounge clapped for her. "Welcome, Ms. Choi!" They introduced themselves to her and gave her pieces of advice on how to handle 3-E.

 

"Hi, I'm Lee Sungmin and I teach math!" A youthful-looking teacher wearing a pink polo smiled at her. "The students from 3-D are really hard to handle, we all tried our best to tame them but no one succeeded!" He pouted.

 

"Don't worry! I have my ways!" She flashed him a thumbs up and continued fixing her books on her assigned cubicle.

 

"Alrighty then! If you need any help, you can ask anyone. Be strong, okay?" He flashed another cute smile and went back to his own cubicle.

 

Sooyoung found a blonde lady sitting idly on the bench across her cubicle. She caught her eye and smiled at her."Hi there, I'm Jessica." She stood up and held out her hand. Sooyoung shook it. "I'm the school nurse." She gestured to the lab coat she was wearing. "Anyway, I'm not even supposed to be here but nothing really happens in the infirmary so expect me to hang around in here a lot."

 

"Nice meeting you, Jessica! Let's work hard!"

 

Sooyoung finished fixing her things just in time for the school bell. She and the other teachers went to their respective classes. She was nearing her class when she noticed the absence of noise she heard the day before. Simply shrugging, she was surprised when she opened the classroom door only to see a few students. Most of the students were sitting in the front row. One was sitting on the next row, sleeping, and one was reading a thick book at the very back of the room.

 

"Where's everybody?" She asked no one in particular as she put her book on the teacher's table. "I saw you guys yesterday, some were even playing baseball! There were about 30 students in here!"

 

"We don't know." A cute and feminine-looking guy answered her. "We always go to school but the other hyungs don't."

 

"I don't think they're going to class today." Another guy who was happily eating chips added.

 

"Oh, alright. Anyway, I'm your new homeroom and English teacher." She got a marker and wrote her name on the whiteboard. "I'm Choi Sooyoung! It's my first day as a teacher, I hope we get along well!"

 

A guy who was slouching on his seat suddenly straightened up. "You're our teacher?" He had brown hair and deep brown eyes.

 

"Yeah, why? Is there something wrong?"

 

"You don't look like a teacher at all, seriously." He answered.

 

"This guy means to say you're hot." A guy with small eyes smacked the brown-haired guy at the back of his head.

 

Sooyoung looked taken aback with what the small-eyed guy said but shook it off. "Thanks, I guess. It's already time, I'll take attendance, alright?" She got the class list and started reading off names.

 

"Bang Yongguk?"

 

"…"

 

"Byun Baekhyun?"

 

"…"

 

"Choi Zelo?"

 

"He's also not here, Miss Choi."

 

"Do Kyungsoo?"

 

"…"

 

"Huang Zitao?"

 

"…"

 

"Jang Dongwoo?"

 

"Not here!"

 

"Jung Daehyun?"

 

"Here!" The brown-haired guy happily raised his hand.

 

"Kim Himchan?"

 

"…."

 

"Kim Jongdae?"

 

"Here!" He gently placed his basketball on the floor and raised his hand. "But you can call me Chen."

 

"Really? Why Chen?" Sooyoung  asked.

 

Chen shrugged. "I don't know, it just sounds better than my real name."

 

"Okay then!" She nodded.

 

"Kim Jongin?"

 

"He's not here."

 

She nodded. "Kim Junmyeon?"

 

A guy who was playing games on his phone looked up at her. "Here! And please call me Suho, Miss Choi."

 

"Alright, if ever I forget, you can remind me again…" She smiled at Suho. "Kim Minseok?"

 

"Not here!"

 

"Kim Myungsoo?"

 

The only student sitting at the back looked up from reading his book. "Here." And then he went back to reading.

 

"Miss Choi, he hates his name. Call him L." Daehyun whispered to her. "He looks intimidating but he's a complete dork."

 

She chuckled at Daehyun's comment. "I'll keep that in mind. Kim Sunggyu? Is Kim Sunggyu here?"

 

"He's not here, Miss!"

 

"Lee Howon?"

 

"…"

 

"Lee Sungjong?"

 

"Here!" The feminine-looking guy cutely raised his hand.

 

"Lee Sungyeol?"

 

"…"

 

"Lu Han?"

 

"…"

 

"Moon Jongup?"

 

"Here!" The small-eyed boy raised his hands and showed his eye-smile.

 

"Nam Woohyun?" No one answered.

 

"I bet Woohyun hyung's gonna go crazy when he goes to class and sees Miss Choi…" Sungjong whispered to Chen.

 

"Oh Sehun?"

 

"…"

 

"Park Chanyeol?"

 

"…"

 

"Wu Kris?"

 

The guys in front pointed at the blond-haired guy who was sleeping peacefully, arms crossed on his chest and his legs resting on his table. Sooyoung's mouth formed an O.

 

"Yoo Youngjae?"

 

"…"

 

"Zhang Yixing?"

 

"Here!" The guy who was busy eating chips raised his hands full of crumbs. "Call me Lay, Miss Choi." He raised his bag of chips. "It's my favorite brand of chips." He smiled his dimpled smile.

 

"Okay, Lay!" She smiled. "Okay, I'm done taking attendance, what do we do now? It's my first day, I think it's boring if we immediately went to our lessons."

 

"I like you already, Miss Choi!" Sungjong chirped. Suho and Chen exchanged a high-five. Sooyoung beamed at her students. So far, so good!

 

Suddenly, two people entered the room. Everyone including Sooyoung looked at the latecomers.

 

"Hi there!" She happily welcomed them. Yay, more students! She mentally did a happy dance.

 

"Uh oh. Woohyun hyung's here." Jongup whispered to Daehyun.

 

The first one who wasn't wearing their uniform but a deep V-neck shirt glanced at Sooyoung and ran to the guys. "Hey, who's this dreamlike lady in front of us? She's hot!" He asked them, not bothering to lower his voice.

 

Sooyoung cleared loudly. "Excuse me…"

 

The second one had dark skin and jet black hair. "Hi there." He winked at her. She backed away.

 

Suho pointed to the guy who just winked at Sooyoung. "That's Kim Jongin."

 

"But you can call me Kai." Again, he winked at her.

 

The first guy appeared beside Sooyoung and put his arm over her shoulder. "I can be who you want to be, my princess." He smiled cutely at her, his dimples showing.

 

"Don't do that!" Sooyoung yelled and slapped his arm away.

 

"Why are you playing hard to get, little miss?" The V-neck guy asked in what Sooyoung presumed to be a y voice.

 

"Who brought her here? Good thing you were able to sneak her in! Last time we tried this, the Principal caught us!" Kai asked his classmates.

 

"Hey Kai, she's our teacher." Chen mumbled.

 

The latecomers immediately backed away with wide eyes. "What?" They asked in unison. "But you can't be a teacher! You're freaking hot!" Kai exclaimed.

 

Sooyoung heaved a sigh. "Dammit you guys! I'm your teacher, you shouldn't be thinking those thoughts!" She walked to both of them and smacked their heads. "This is my first day so I'll let you off!"

 

"Am I dreaming or did she really just hit them?" Jongup asked.

 

"I think it's real." Suho answered confusedly.

 

"Hey, it's our first time to have a female teacher, right?" Chen asked out of the blue.

 

"You're right!" Lay beamed.

 

"Looks like I'll be going to school more often." V-neck guy winked at her.

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and sighed. "Could you and Kai go to your seats, Mr…?"

 

"Nam Woohyun."

 

Kai and Woohyun sat beside Kris and stared at Sooyoung with their heads resting on their elbows.

 

"Excuse them, Miss Choi. They turn into madmen when they see cute girls." Sungjong sighed. Daehyun shot her an apologetic look.

 

"I appreciate that, really. But I'm their freaking teacher! Ya know what I mean?" She banged her fists on the table.

 

"Miss Choi, why do you talk and act like that? Are you some sort of a mob boss?" Daehyun asked. The others agreed and laughed loudly.

 

She froze. "Of course not! Why would you even think that, Daehyun?" She laughed nervously. Damn, I can't be caught on my first day! 

 

"Maybe she just likes to curse, Daehyunnie~" Woohyun cooed and smiled cutely at Sooyoung and made a lot of heart gestures using his hands.

 

L who was silently observing her narrowed his eyes. There's something weird about her.  But he shrugged the thought off.

 

They spent the rest of the time asking questions. Sooyoung asked the guys about the other students and they asked some things about her. Woohyun and Kai tried to woo her with their smooth talk but failed miserably. Kris slept the whole time and L continued reading his book.

 

The bell rang. Sooyoung bade goodbye and thanked them for the first day and exited the classroom to make her way to her next class.

 

Just as Sooyoung left, Woohyun happily jumped around the classroom. "She's hot! I really like her! You guys know I love noonas, right?" He asked cutely.

 

"You like all girls!" Lay retorted.

 

"I'll try again tomorrow, and if I fail, I'll try again until she says yes to me! I like a good challenge!" Woohyun said, ignoring Lay's comment.

 

"I wonder how the other hyungs would react if they saw Miss Choi." Sungjong thought aloud.

 

"Yongguk and the others would flip and try to make her life miserable, just like what they do to the others." Suho answered. "That is, if they go to school."

 

"Tao, Sungyeol and the other hyungs would try to hit on her." Jongup sighed. "Just like our two loverboys here." He shot a look at Kai and Woohyun.

 

"Did I miss anything?" They heard a low voice.

 

"Hyung, we have a new teacher!" Daehyun said excitedly.

 

Kris rubbed his eyes and yawned while stretching. "Really? Did you guys chase him out just like what you did the last time?"

 

"No, hyung! She's a girl! Our new teacher's a girl!" Kai shook him.

 

Kris almost fell out of his seat. "Huh? But they don't allow female teachers in here, right?"

 

The guys shrugged. "Maybe they were desperate to find a new teacher."

 

"Oh." Then he went back to sleep.

 

"He fell asleep again?" The guys said in unison.

 

"Wow, Kris hyung sure is something. He wasn't even awake for a whole minute then he sleeps again." Sungjong mumbled.

 

"Why do girls love him? He's such a sleepyhead!" Woohyun complained.

 

"At least he's not a ert." Daehyun muttered under his breath. Woohyun smacked the back of Daehyun's head. "I heard that, you idiot!" They were about to launch into a full-blown fist fight but thankfully, the other guys stopped them from wreaking havoc to their already messed up classroom.

 

"Looks like things are gonna be interesting from now on." L said out of the blue.

 

"L's right." Suho and the others nodded in agreement.

 

"That was a good first day." Sooyoung thought as she walked home. "The students from my class were really nice. What does the chairman mean when he said my students are the worst? They're not! Although I would've liked to see all of them. " She thought aloud and quickened her pace, eager to tell her grandpa how her first day went.