Royal Pain

The Boy I Threw Away

~Continued~

"I see. You must have been very nervous when you were saving my grandsons life Ms. Gomez. I thank you for your efforts. They were extremely helpful. If it wasn't for you, he wouldn't be with us right now." Mr.Chang was an older man in his eighty's. He didn't look mean and stern while he talked but his facial expressions where blunt and dull.

"Oh...., yes. Thank you Mr. Chang. I was only doing the right thing"

"Well as a gift of my gratitude I would like for you to spend the rest of your stay with me and my family at the Palace. My servants will satisfy your every need as they do to us. You will become a part of our family for your noble action." Her eyes widen with surprise. Did the King just ask if she could stay at the Palace???

"Uh,...thank you Mr. Chang it's a great honor to be offered to stay with the royal family of Japan, but--"(gets interrupted)

"Then be ready in thirty minutes Ms. Gomez. My bodyguards will carry your things to the car when your ready to leave. I will have to meet you at the palace for dinner, theres still a few things I have to do before then. I do hope you get to join us and allow my grandson to give you the proper thank you, you deserve." After hearing him say the last part of his sentence she couldn't refuse to go. Plus it is the King of Japan whose asking for her presence. She bows down..

"Yes your highness, I will be there."

"Very good my child." The king smiles in content. "When you get into the vehicle, tell the chafer to take you to a store of your choice and get yourself something nice to wear for dinner. I will pay." He starts walking away but she felt like she was abusing the circumstances if he bought her things.

"Your highness, its no problem really, I already have clothes I can wear to tonights dinner." He turns to look at her. In his eyes you could see not the King, but the grandfather underneath him.

"Please let this old man do these things for you child so his soul can be at rest. Me and my family will forever be in your debt."

        The hotel door closed as the King and his body guards left the room. She sat on the bed with a thump while she processed everything in her mind. Who knew the boy she saved a week ago was a royal? Just when she thought her trip to Japan was over with in a few more days, this had to happen. The nervousness kicked inside of her like butterflies making her want to throw up but she just took a long deep breath instead.

   

        As the limousine pulled up into the long drive way. She could see the amazing art work put into making the palace. The architecture was amazing top notch with the details you think you would see in Rome but in Japanese style. A butler opened her car door side. He was wearing an expensive smoke outfit and shinny shoes. Now she was regretting not going to the store to buy herself a dress. The butler looked way better then she did. The nervousness was crawling back onto her.

What is everyone going to say about me when their butler looks like some Grammy award winner and I look like splat!?

"Konichiwa!!!" All along the high door entrance, the maids,cooks,butlers, and bodyguards where standing to greet her as she walked inside. Though the butler that opened her door was the one to her to the main dinning room hall. It's doors opened nice and wide while someone presented her like the Queen of England to those already there. They stood up and remained standing as she made her way to the table. The same butler pulled out a chair for her which was next to the King.

"Welcome Ms. Gomez! Please sit down". Everyone else followed once they were seated. She couldn't feel her body anymore. It became frozen and her sight was focused on King Chang.

"Now that our guest has arrived, lets begin dinner." He told the servants.    

"Ms. Gomez, I would like for you to meet my oldest son the Prince and his wife Princess Ling." They were that kind of couple you knew were meant to be when you saw them next to each other. Princess Ling looked like a porcelain doll with long black hair adorned with curls.

"I am most glad to finally meet the young woman who has saved my only son's life." Her voice sounded very elegant just as she was, and clear despite her accent. "My worries grew each day we couldn't find his saver. Especially when the paramedics told us you were foreign. I panicked in thinking you might have already left the country."

"Yes, I am also thankful for your act of kindness upon our son, who sadly couldn't be here today. I express his gratitude in how indebted we are forever to you Ms. Gomez." She was hot red on the face by this point.

"Do not be alarmed my child" the king said as he had noticed her condition. " I know how alarming this must be for you. My wife, the late Queen, also had the same expression on her face like you do now when she first arrived in this same palace." She looked in confusion at the king of what he just said.

"If  you don't mind me asking King Chang, but how? Wasn't the late Queen also a blue blood princess?"

"Oh no she wasn't by blood. But she was worthy of the title." He was starting to remember his wife in the back of his mind. "Anyhow, there is something I need to speak to you about regarding my grandson when dinner is finished."

"Alright.." She was hoping to hear more about the Queen but being left down she just finished her dessert.

 

Down the corridors, past the Floral garden, he remained. Sitting on the bench like he did as a child. Staring into oblivion that he was almost killed...like the times before and like the people in the past. A hunting threat he has and forever live with for being royal. The blessed curse.