002: What Happened?

He Was Everything

 

I woke up a few hours later in a different room. My head still pounding from the accident. The blood and everything was washed from my face though, thankfully. I can just barely recall the events that happened.
 
I was sitting in the very back with Zelo next to me, holding each others hands.
 
Just prior to the screeching of the tires, umma was aware enough that there was a car driving the opposite way, but there was really no way she could avoid it. I closed my eyes tightly and waited. The car jerked, I was ejected from the vehicle face down on the pavement. Yet I don't understand how myself, or Zelo were ejected from the vehicle.
 
There was beeping of a heart monitor, in which I wasn't connected to. I just had a couple IV's inserted in my hand and arm. To my right, I looked over, much to my surprise, I saw my Zelo. Hooked to a heart monitor, several IV's, a breathing tube, a boot around his left ankle, and a bandage around his head. Seeing him like that made me tear up, but I tried blinking back the tears.
 
I walked to the side of his hospital bed and sat down next to him. I grabbed his hand the same way I did in the ambulance, rubbing and kissing it a few times. "Zelo.."
 
A nurse walked in to check up on Zelo. "He's doing better than he was earlier." She said, changing his IV's.
 
"What happened to him?" I asked her.
 
"He broke 3 ribs,  slightly puncturing his lungs, and some minor head injuries. But he's healing so well already." She smiled.
 
I smiled back at her, surprised at his already quick recovery. "Good. That makes me happy he's recovering quickly. Do you know what happened to me?"
 
"You just had minor injuries, only requiring stitches on the side of your head." She pointed to the stitches.
 
"Oh. I guess I never realized them."
 
"How's your head feeling?"
 
"Uhm.." I put a hand on my head. "I still have a slight headache. It's better than it was before."
 
"Take those meds by your bed, those should help."
 
"Thanks. I will." And did as she said, taking the meds to ease the headache pain.
 
"I will check up on you in a couple hours to see how both of your are doing I suggest you rest." She smiled against, helping me into the bed.
 
"Thank you." She nodded and with that, walked outside.
 
I doze off to sleep quickly.
 
I dreamt about my Zelo. And life without him. How much I would hurt. How much it would hurt me without this boy in my life.---
 
"Hyung.. Hyung..! Himchan!" I woke up to the boy next to me bed.
 
"Oh my god.. Zelo! You're finally awake." I hugged the boy at the aid of the bed.
 
"Hyung.. You must've had a nightmare. I woke up.. Then I heard you screaming my name.. And saying 'Zelo!'
And 'Please don't leave me.. Ever'" He gladly hugged back.
 
"Yeah. I did.. I never want you to leave me." I teared up.
 
"Hyung. Don't cry. I'm right here.." He whispered.
 
The nurse from earlier walked back into the room. "Oh! Is see Zelo is awake. How are you feeling?"
 
"I'm alright. Breathing is a little.. Off."
 
"You should rest once again. We don't want you to re-injure yourself. Do you know what happened?"
 
"Yeah. I heard.. I was somewhat awake when you were taking to Himchan." I looked at Zelo and told him to lay down and rest. He followed my orders.
 
"Here." The nurse said. "Let me change your head wrap." She grabbed a clean bandage from a drawer and brought it over to Zelo, taking off the old one, throwing it away, and replacing it with the new one. Zelo rested his head back down onto the pillow and fell asleep quickly.
 
"A-are our parents somewhere in the hospital..?" I asked the nurse. 
 
She sighed. "Well. I have... Bad news.."
 
Instantly I became worried. "Wh-what is it?"
 
"Well.. There were 6 of you in the vehicle, correct?" I nodded. "Minus you and him makes 4," she continued,
 
"Unfortunately, due to the impact of the crash, the two in the front, driver and passenger, were killed instantly."
Realizing they were both my parents.. Tears pooled in my eyes and slid down my cheeks. "Wh-what about... The other two."
 
"They were severely injured. Both underwent surgery. Outcome was successful. But their chance of survival is very small. I'm so sorry for your losses.." She hugged me. I let everything out. Tears fell everywhere.
I don't know how Zelo will react to this.. It will kill him.. The last thing I need is him gone from my life.. I already lost my parents. And I only have Zelo left..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry. This was a crap chapter:P And sorry if there are errors in spelling. I typed this up quickly. XD Hope you enjoyed! Comments are appreciated! Thank you~~