001: Crash

He Was Everything

 

It's engraved in our minds. That day.. That day I almost died; my emotions and love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This is exciting!!" Zelo exclaimed while claiming his seat in the back of the vehicle a day before we set off. Our parents planned a week vacation in Seoul. Driving, to enjoy the views on the way and staying at a hotel there. I love my parents!
 
"Very." Himchan replied, as excited as Zelo was. "We sharing a bed at the hotel?" He smiled. Zelo nodded in return. Neither of our parents knew about 'us'. Knowing Zelo for so long, how can I not develop feelings for this kid. I'm so happy this kid is mine. I just don't know how my parents would react if I told them. "We should finish packing, no?" Zelo hopped out of the car, and I pulled him into a quick, tight hug.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seoul. It was the first time Zelo has gone. And one of the many times I've visited. It was great getting to spend some time with him while our parents were out for some time, enjoying the night life of Seoul.
Zelo was fast asleep on my shoulder, and I rested my head back on his, also grabbing both of his hands in mine. A blanket covering both of us.
 
I found it hard to sleep, so I just kept looking out the windows, taking in some scenery I missed on the way there.
 
"Hey. Zelo." I whispered. His head picked up off my shoulder slowly, blinking a few times adjusting to the light. "Look at that." I pointed at what looked like a heart in the sky.
 
Zelo giggled quietly. "It's so cute, Chan-hyu-"
 
He was interrupted by a jerk of the car, and the screeching of tires against pavement, and a scream coming from his mother. Everything went black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I woke up from the darkness, realizing I was laying face down in a small pool of blood, my brain throbbing, pounding against my head. I touched my face and looked at my hand. Blood. I tried getting up, in which I succeeded, but got extremely light headed from that and seeing the sight in front of me. 3 cars totaled-- the most severe being ours. The scene surrounded by 3 fire trucks, 2 ambulances, and 6 police cars. I tried taking deep breaths, seeing no one from either of our families around the scene, I looked for my Zelo. Down in the ditch, he was laying there, unconscious, I hoped.
 
I ran to him, shaking him lightly in case he was injured, but got no response. I spotted out an emt and motioned them over my way, they responded quickly.
The emt came up by my side. "Are you alright? You have blood all down your face."
 
"Yes. I'm fine. Just a headache. Can you please help him?" I sobbed, involuntarily.
 
The emt whistled his crew over with a gurney to carry the boy to the ambulance.
 
"Where's the rest of our family?" I asked him.
 
"Paramedics already transported them to the nearest hospital." Him and his crew worked to get the boy onto the gurney. "Follow. You'll need to come to the hospital to make sure nothing is wrong."
 
I nodded and followed them to the ambulance, getting in. I looked at Zelo. His eyelids fluttered, still closed. I grabbed his hand tightly and brought it to my chest. "Hang in there. I hope you're not in a lot of pain..." I kissed his hand a couple times, and rubbed my thumb along the backside.
 
The ambulance finally arrived at the said hospital. They wheeled my Zelo away quickly, and an emt guided me into the emergency entrance.
 
Upon entering a room, they had me change into a hospital gown, lay onto the bed, and put a mask around my nose and mouth to knock me out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I kinda had fun writing this chapter! I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter(: Comments are appreciated! Please comment! Saranghae~~!