When Life Hits You Hard... You Eat Cake. (Visitors)

What's My Story? [Discontinued]

It was nice, as we stepped outside, the umbrella already up with the two of us holding it. There are two of us, walking home under this one, big umbrella.

Aish, sometimes I want my cheeks to stop growing so red.


“Annyeong, everyone~ we’re here!” Jonghyun called out as soon as we entered the house, finally out of the rain.

“‘We? Jonghyun, you better not brought home a girl just to ! Key yelled out and I couldn’t help but laugh out loud, holding onto Jonghyun’s arm for support while the blond just growled. I’m pretty sure the rest of SHINee were laughing too since I can hear them as well in the living room.

“Argh, no you bratty idiotic diva, (K: Excuse me!? Yah, dino, you take that back!) I brought home Mi-Mi! As if I would do such a thing to her! Tsk, no way!”

Ouch, he just practically said that Im not worth sleeping with, I thought with a slight growl as I slapped him arm and pouted.

“Well, gee~! Thank you for saying I’m not attractive enough to sleep with!” I remarked sarcastically before I went to take off my shoes and placed them to the side while Jonghyun was shaking the water out from the umbrella.

I was then squished into a really tight hug.

Ugh, Key-umma~ you’re…hugging me (gasps) too tight!” I choked out, using all my strength to try and push him away (What is with these people hugging me so tightly?!) Key only hugged me tightly, giving me a big squeeze that could have made me explode. After a while, he finally pulled away and my breath came back to me at once.

“Omo, mianhae, Mi-baby, but I was just happy to see you! I’m surprised to see you here actually – you didn’t tell us that you were going to come over.” Key told me with a smile, his lips curling and his white teeth showing.

Jonghyun explained that part for me, “I invited her over for your delicious strawberry shortcake – and of course, she didn’t refuse.” I glared at him for a momentary time and looked away from his teasing smirk, my cheeks faintly stained with rosy pink.

“H-Hey, I just like strawberries, m’kay?” I told them and Jonghyun rolled his eyes at me.

“Yeah, mkay~” He mocked me, causing me to stick out my tongue at him.

Key did his diva eye roll and placed his hands on his hips as he yelled out, “Oi, jebal, stop, you two are acting like children. Now can you please just come inside instead of bickering in front of the door?”

“Yes, umma…” Jonghyun and I said in unison, snickering when he was letting off steam before he left us alone, grumbling as he went back into the kitchen.

I clasped my hands together, playing with my rings at the same time before looking at my hand, eying the rainbow ring.

“You seem to never take that ring off.” Jonghyun’s voice was heard in my ear. I jumped to see him next to me, a warm smile on his face. Something sparkled in his eyes, but I couldn’t identify the feeling he was having at that moment.

“Huh? Oh, well… ne, you could say that…”

He smiled and patted my shoulder, “Keep it on. That shows you care for them.”

Why do his words reach out to me? Its like he knew why Im holding on it. I didn’t get a chance to ask as he moved past me, going up the stairs. I wonder what kind of secrets he was holding in fact, I wonder what kind of secret all of SHINee are holding I cannot help but think back to that day when we first met and I told them about the rainbow ring. They really did act weirdly around me since then, I mean, at that time in the café, Key abruptly grabbed my hand and stared at my rainbow ring. The rest were doing the same and I just dont know!

Aish, I need to relax. I thought with a mental nod and a roll of my eyes before entering the living room and joined the watching of Minho and Taemin playing FIFA2 on their XBox.


“Wah~ Jonghyun’s right! Your desserts taste really good! They are really… to die for!” I exclaimed out in English to Key as we all sat at the dining room, done with dinner and currently having his sweet, homemade strawberry shortcake.

Taemin and I were happily munching onto our pieces, sighing in bliss at the same time.

“Oi, look at you two. If you weren’t so close, I would have mistaken you guys for siblings.” Key scoffed.

I giggled before taking another bite of my piece of cake, the sweet crumbs dissolving into my mouth as I swallowed it.

“So, why have you come here?” I paused my eating and cautiously looked at Jonghyun who gave me the ‘okay’ before I swallowed my bite and sighed heavily, feeling a bit burdened as I remembered the incident.

“Actually…”

And I went explaining the same thing I’ve said to Jonghyun back at the café as they listened to me with full attention. I can see their reaction (aside from Jonghyun) changes from normal to surprise to shock then disappointment in Min-Ae. Taemin was the first to speak up after my explanation.

“Why couldn’t she just leave you alone? Aish, does she has to bring so much trouble? You have plans and yet…!” He bit down his bottom lip as he was leaning back into his chair, his eyebrows furrowed in disappointment as he looked away from me, letting out a deep, agitated sigh. I cannot blame him – even I was really agitated at that time too.

I shrugged and leaned forward onto the table, my arms resting as I played with my rings in front of my half-eaten cake. “That’s one thing I need to find out. But I just wish that this ‘Sora’ plan would come to an end… It’s already winter…” I mused with a sigh. Days just go by fast.

I felt warmth around my hands and I turned to see Onew smiling at me – that same angelic smile I’d always see him giving to fans.

“Don’t worry Mi-ah, it’ll get better soon.” I nodded at his words, my cheeks tinted pink as we locked eye contact. I failed to notice Taemin’s and Minho’s jealous gazes.

“A-Ah, gomawo, Onew-oppa, for your kind words…” I uttered out, my eyes going into crescents as I smiled brightly at him. He did the same to me.

Then someone has to interrupt the moment. “YAWN. Oh, hey, why don’t we play a game?” Jonghyun chimed with that goofy grin on his face, nudging me on the arm.

I gave him a side glance glare before nodding with a small smile. But as we all stood up from our seats, the doorbell rang.

“Huh, who’s here at this time?” Minho wondered and I was thinking the same. Isn’t it time to go home? Nobody could have been outside so late at night.

Key asked me, “Mi-baby, be a dear and answer it for us, will you?”

I nodded and did what he wished me to do. I didn’t bother use that…that…that telephone you answer for the doorbell as I walked straight to the door.

My hand was on the doorknob as I twisted it open. And when I pulled open the door, my eyes widened to see the person I didn’t expect to see, all dirtied, scarred and…a bit drunk.

Min-Ae?